Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Mits VR4 Super
    My Garage
    Visit

vipec ecu

can anybody explain what the advantages to the vipec ecu on our vr4s are they simple in install plug en play or do they require setting up i know they are expencive but how expencive are they exactly thank you all in advance
    Karl
    Mitsubushi Legnum Super VR4 # 59/283

Remapped ECU
    Blitz dual selenoid Electonic Boost Controller
    600X300X76 FMIC
    Magnecor KV85 competition HT Leads
    NGK Iridium spark plugs
    Custom made hard pipes
    S-ayc diff
    Selby ajustable sway bars
    Poly utherain bushes
    Sard 265lph fuel pump
    Sard fuel pressure regulator
    Daiyama adjustable coilovers
    236mm 13 row transmisson oil cooler
    Custom made rear strut-brace
    plx wideband sensor & gauge
    Evo VI 3" Decat
    Enkei Evo VIII alloys
    Evo VIIII brembro calipers & discs all round
    Zenon HID headlights inc high beam and fog lights
    Carputer
    2x genesis amp's
    Rainbow and focal door speakers
    AMSoil fluids
    K&N panel filter
    Opie oils air freshener

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Eurospec fit them & map them for £1700.
    The mighty Leedsnum has gone but the Airtrek mods will soon fill this space

How To:Contact Committee or Moderators.

Name
    Ben
    Last Online
    03-03-2015
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    Mitsubishi GTO
    My Garage
    Visit

Hello dude,

A vipec is a fully mapable standalone ecu, it doenst come with a base map, although i have developed my own maps for it. It is compatible with auto and manual, although on the PFL auto you will lose the TCL function. The shift quality on the auto is more solid in feel (not as smooth) as the stock response, but those cars that i have done say that they probably wouldn't have noticed unless i'd said anything.

The unit is plug and play, some minor wiring mods may be needed in order to run some higher functions- map switching, launch control etc etc. You also need to wire in a map sensor in place of the factory maf, and you need to install an AIT sensor in the inlet pipe. Neither of these are major tasks really.

The units have:- Full fuel and ignition control, ability to drive high and low impedance injectors, injector change capability, support for full closed loop fuel control in user definable load zones in either narrow or wide band. (WB02 sensor etc not inc). Fuel and ignition are mappable in upto 5d. Map switching is supported. Anti lag, flat shift, launch control and boost control are supported. They also have an auto tune facility, which if you have a wideband, will allow the unit to self tune the fuel table based upon afr targets you set. The ecu has its own onboard data logger. Realistically, they need professional set up unless you are conversant with the tuning process and able to do it safely.

Units are currently £950 + vat, and you will require a map sensor which is £90 for the 7 bar ones we tend to use. You can use the stock boost solenoid and system, or you can control an aftermarket solenoid. There is a price increase coming through shortly whidh will probably ad 45 to the price, but we havent had it confirmed yet.

We do the units supplied, fitted and mapped for £1495 + vat.

Cheers,

Ben.

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Eurospec
    Hello dude,

A vipec is a fully mapable standalone ecu, it doenst come with a base map, although i have developed my own maps for it. It is compatible with auto and manual, although on the PFL auto you will lose the TCL function. The shift quality on the auto is more solid in feel (not as smooth) as the stock response, but those cars that i have done say that they probably wouldn't have noticed unless i'd said anything.

The unit is plug and play, some minor wiring mods may be needed in order to run some higher functions- map switching, launch control etc etc. You also need to wire in a map sensor in place of the factory maf, and you need to install an AIT sensor in the inlet pipe. Neither of these are major tasks really.

The units have:- Full fuel and ignition control, ability to drive high and low impedance injectors, injector change capability, support for full closed loop fuel control in user definable load zones in either narrow or wide band. (WB02 sensor etc not inc). Fuel and ignition are mappable in upto 5d. Map switching is supported. Anti lag, flat shift, launch control and boost control are supported. They also have an auto tune facility, which if you have a wideband, will allow the unit to self tune the fuel table based upon afr targets you set. The ecu has its own onboard data logger. Realistically, they need professional set up unless you are conversant with the tuning process and able to do it safely.

Units are currently £950 + vat, and you will require a map sensor which is £90 for the 7 bar ones we tend to use. You can use the stock boost solenoid and system, or you can control an aftermarket solenoid. There is a price increase coming through shortly whidh will probably ad 45 to the price, but we havent had it confirmed yet.

We do the units supplied, fitted and mapped for £1495 + vat.

Cheers,

Ben.
    Is it not better to have bigger injectors & IC fitted as well Ben?

Name
    Ben
    Last Online
    03-03-2015
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    Mitsubishi GTO
    My Garage
    Visit

Stock injectors are 390s dude, thats enough fuel to support 425bhp at 100% IDC- 360ish at 85%, in theory.

The reason people have been fitting bigger injectors is to move away from the fuel cut regions when using a piggyback with a stock ecu. With a standalone you tell it where you want boost cut to be, so it isnt an issue.

A bigger IC is always nice to have. More cooling is always better- just dont go so big that it takes the tubs a week to fill it!

Cheers,

Ben.

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Indeed, my high flowed turbos haven't maxed out the stock injectors. I have an autronic which is very closely related to the vipec and my car runs bloody well.
    If I'm replying to your thread and helping you out, it is because I like you and want to help out your VR-4 ownership. No other reason

Name
    Karl
    Last Online
    14-10-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Mits VR4 Super
    My Garage
    Visit

thank you very much Ben and co for a extremly detailed replys and this is something i am very intrested in guessing from the power increse i still need a few mods in advance ie S-AYC intercooler oh and a bank loan lol hope to have two out of 3 before the next RR so will have a chat then Ben thank you very much again ..... Karl