Ian
    Last Online
    19-04-2024
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Audi A4 Tdi

Talking 2 non VR4 owner's

OK we have all done it,weve sat and read through what the "BIG BOY'S" iz doin to there :bow: TT-4WD beast's
    NOW IT'S OUR TURN,what ave you planned for your "NON VR4" from what i can see no-one has done any "over the top mod's"?..so what you got lined up for yer breif?
    anyone thinking like i am?,turbo,nitrous,supercharger? not cheap but...different,add any of these and you have greater power without the hasttle's of a ???..... :rolleyes: "so come on guy's give it to us" :stare:
    E39 BMW SPORT

Last Online
    06-10-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    legnumvr4

Quote Originally Posted by scottish ian
    anyone thinking like i am?,turbo,nitrous,supercharger? not cheap but...different,add any of these and you have greater power without the hasttle's of a ???..... :rolleyes::
    Howsabout............... putting in a Chrysler Hemi? Then you can bolt on all the goodies you like! As anyone who like me have played around with american muscle cars, will tell you " there Ain't no substitute for cubic inches" And as Mopar do some of the toughest and versatile motors around the 'Hemi 's yer obvious choice. :-b

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

I'd like to supercharge Hordak, but that'll have to wait a bit! In the meantime, I have aquired for a very fair price, a fij....Fujus..... Erm:$, Fitjus...... BIG EXHAUST PIPE!

And I'm looking at modding the airbox to take a Cold Air feed to improve efficiency.... When I was preening the other day I noticed how much heat soak there is! :rolleyes5

Name
    Ian
    Last Online
    19-04-2024
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Audi A4 Tdi

:lolz: yeah but would the chassis hold the power? and it would be a bit of a massive task,converting to rear wheel drive......but not imposable ozey: i think i'd go for the HEMI power with a nice big super charger sticken through the bonnet

Name
    DeK
    Last Online
    03-01-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    6Gee n VW4mo

OK we have all done it,weve sat and read through what the "BIG BOY'S" iz doin to there :bow: TT-4WD beast's
    NOW IT'S OUR TURN,what ave you planned for your "NON VR4" from what i can see no-one has done any "over the top mod's"?..so what you got lined up for yer breif?
    anyone thinking like i am?,turbo,nitrous,supercharger? not cheap but...different,add any of these and you have greater power without the hasttle's of a ???..... :rolleyes: "so come on guy's give it to us" :stare:
    An ex VTEC engineer from Japan was trying to sway me to do what some of the other non VR4 owners in japan have done.. transplant the N/A 3 LTR GTO engine in the galant. Imagine that as a conversion :-D It sounds like a mighty lot of work tho...

Quite recently also, I have been to confession to ask for forgiveness as I have been having these nitrous thoughts. :$ would love Jet style boost for the heavy waaagon :-b I really dont know how much work that really is to do.. hmmm.. How quickly will that kill the engine ozey:

Are there any non VR4 galants with nitrous out there??? Who will be the FIRST!!!

Cheers

Pezz

Name
    Ian
    Last Online
    19-04-2024
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Audi A4 Tdi

dont think anyone on our forum's has nitro'd a non VR4,but there are a few done in the states,
    as far as i can tell though nitrous will only push your car faster but does'nt do much/anything for top end power?
    maybe Dave and Derek could add a bit about "pros & con's" on this?

Name
    DeK
    Last Online
    03-01-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    6Gee n VW4mo

dont think anyone on our forum's has nitro'd a non VR4,but there are a few done in the states,
    as far as i can tell though nitrous will only push your car faster but does'nt do much/anything for top end power?
    maybe Dave and Derek could add a bit about "pros & con's" on this?

FAster is good for now I find myself egging the car on in my seat in 2nd gear when in a burn off ..... ozey:

I will see if I can find any stuff about non vr4 NOS. There must be one in the Cardomain site?

What have you got lined up next for your mota?

Name
    Ian
    Last Online
    19-04-2024
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Audi A4 Tdi

look on here for more power from a non VR4 galant.
    http://www.thegalantcenter.net/

i'm also seriously thinking about nitrous,need to wait till after Xmas?
    also does anyone know if the head bolt's from a 4G63 evo engine are the same lengh as the one's on a 4G63 galant and can we get stainless steel head gasket's for the same galant engine?

freeman

Thumbs up

i want to have a decat-pipe from bigdaveakers if he has time to make one for me and change the muffler. At spring i want change the wheel (16'' or 17'' that's the question).
    i have a air filter k&n, change the indicators yet.
    i don't know what can i do more for my 2.0 GLS now?
    certainly not the nitro, i'm afraid for a prematurly death of my engine...

Kieran, what's a "Cold Air feed"?

Name
    Ritch
    Last Online
    17-09-2015
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    '03 Colt 16v &

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran
    I'd like to supercharge Hordak, but that'll have to wait a bit! In the meantime, I have aquired for a very fair price, a fij....Fujus..... Erm:$, Fitjus...... BIG EXHAUST PIPE!

And I'm looking at modding the airbox to take a Cold Air feed to improve efficiency.... When I was preening the other day I noticed how much heat soak there is! :rolleyes5

is the fijitsu exhaust a vr4 one or for the v6?

also can you expand on the heat soak thing?

i want to do loadsa mods - but i am constrained by the hike in insurance and lack of funds!!!
    BMW E60 525i (3.0) M-Sport.

Name
    DeK
    Last Online
    03-01-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    6Gee n VW4mo

:-b
    look on here for more power from a non VR4 galant.
    http://www.thegalantcenter.net/

i'm also seriously thinking about nitrous,need to wait till after Xmas?
    also does anyone know if the head bolt's from a 4G63 evo engine are the same lengh as the one's on a 4G63 galant and can we get stainless steel head gasket's for the same galant engine?
    Ello Ian.

Wow, I feel like I have been sat at the cinema watching trailers for new film having seen the intro sequence for the galantcenter LOL... I dont have sound on this box at work but is there Pearl and Dean music to that ?

I like the anim for the 8th gen galant loox mean :-b

U checked it out? :rolleyes5

Now to read about nitrous

Cheerz

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by ritch_w
    is the fijitsu exhaust a vr4 one or for the v6?

also can you expand on the heat soak thing?
    The Fujitsubo exhaust I've procured is a VR-4 one, so some pipework meddling is needed as the exhaust route is different.

The heat soak issue.... Well, the scoop that leads to the airbox/filter housing has a few problems in my eyes.... It's not the ideal shape, although I think this is an attempt by 'bishi to create a pressure drop/venturi effect. It doesn't get much airflow across it either - the bonnet strut and the design of the bonnet mean that most air entering is by scavenge, and because of the extra heat of the V6, coupled with it's proximity to the exhaust manifold and radiator airflow (you feel where the warm radiator air flows when the fans spin) means that it gets warm, which isn't great for air density and power.

So, I am planning a better induction path!

Name
    Ritch
    Last Online
    17-09-2015
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    '03 Colt 16v &

Did you see mine when we were at dumfries?

I have a pipe taking air from the bottom front left grill into the hole that used to be the resonator

i'll post pics tomorrow if you want

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by ritch_w
    Did you see mine when we were at dumfries?

I have a pipe taking air from the bottom front left grill into the hole that used to be the resonator

i'll post pics tomorrow if you want
    Yeah, I saw that. I'm thinking of a variation on that theme! :-D

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    20-06-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom

I have much wilder plans.......... :rolleyes5

Name
    Ian
    Last Online
    19-04-2024
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Audi A4 Tdi

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaveakers
    I have much wilder plans.......... :rolleyes5
    HEY!!! cheeky you own a VR4 LEGNUM
    anyway while your here,tell us some pro's an con's about nitro?

Name
    bal
    Last Online
    02-01-2014
    Country
    Other

my plans are simple.

tints, lowering and side exit exhaust. my man in bristol is gonna hook me up a custom job so let's see what happens. but first ... pay of my beauty.

oh and we mustnt forget my dent(s) bloody kids !!

B
    VR4s, interesting aint they .....

Name
    bal
    Last Online
    02-01-2014
    Country
    Other

ooo ooo do i get bonus points for, i think, having teh most electricity power boohang up my backside.

2kw sub - 2 batteries - split charge - 0gauge cable straight through - need uprated alternator come think about it. 100amps i think. oh and i need to change the std earthing points on the enginer, alternator and main battery.

pics must sort out teh pics ... on the plus side found a wicked house tonight .... house parties it is secluded behind a church on a river front with a pub 30s away. big big house can you say vr4 meet at my house !!

B

Name
    Ian
    Last Online
    19-04-2024
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Audi A4 Tdi

Bal are you getting any boxes (silencer's) fitted to your side exit?if not,you may loose compression/back presure which will lead to a drop in power.
    when i got my pipe work made for my duel's,they put a sharp curve on it to help keep the presure from escaping to fast through the 2 boxes,and as some can tell you...i'aint loosin a bit of power :-D

also have you any pic's of your sound system,i take it you have BIG plan's to increase it..as for a bigger alternator try finding out if one from a mitsy deisel fit as they put out more amp's.

Name
    bal
    Last Online
    02-01-2014
    Country
    Other

ill get pics up on my cardomain page, havent really got it up apart from to show pezz the wheels.

the sub is sorted, pezz has seen, it is big. uses all my boot. lol. havent sorted speakers for rest of car but have got new speaker pods for the front.

as for the side exit, not being a mechanic i have no idea all i know is that a dude in bristol said he would sort me out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast