Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Scooby thing..
    My Garage
    Visit

The helpful post...

With the old system of Reputation you could give positive rep' and state it in the thread but it was so much more fun to get negative Rep' without being told that it had been done, by whom or why...

Until you discovered it amongst the personal bio/profile stuff - found my negative rep' by accident - quite an interesting read...

And I never thought of doing that at all, I usually made comment in a post so that it was clear that the post/thread was perhaps unjustifed, unfair or racist as has been evident at times

And now we have the 'helpful post' feedback...

Suddenly a 'notification' or three that a post has been considered unhelpful - no comment or feedback...

It seems that disagreeing with a post or with a thread may now result in lots of 'unhelpful' feedback...

I just wonder if we are losing the ability to give feedback within a thread and debate differences, resulting in anonymous judgement and notification of our unhelpful ways...

This is just as bad as the negative rep' technique...

I can imagine eager clicks on 'unhelpful' for any post/individual who is at odds with another person or thread...

Conflict about not using cone filters, use of AMSOIL, additives, BOV's, unbelievable RR figures or whatever

Maybe I am out of step, my instinct about this may be wrong, and other sites may be doing it but IMO not such a good feature of the Forum...

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

*gives rep*
    If I'm replying to your thread and helping you out, it is because I like you and want to help out your VR-4 ownership. No other reason

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Abuse of the system (including reputation system) will not be accepted, this has been noted in the T&C's and infractions will be awarded should this be the case.

The idea behind (although not documented yet) is that it will help people in Technical area (and only the technical area, which should be for random chit chat anyways) of the site know which answers/response from other members are valid and/or helped solve an issue - For one this will also allow easy movement between forum and resource area i.e. if 10 people say yes this is the answer that solved my issue then that's the question and answer that will be moved to the resource library. New people coming along to the site who find a thread (using similair threads) will be able to easily scroll through a thread, find the response which was the most helpful and start there with their investigations into their issue - that’s the idea anyways.

UPDATED: I can remove the negative notification feature but that’s not the point, this system is designed to help others know which is the right answer and which isn't within the technical area of the site.

Reputation is something completely different and is a tool used to show a members overall input to the site, rather that input to an individual thread/technical question.
    Last edited by BraindG; 28-10-2010 at 08:12 PM.
    SUPPORT CLUBVR-4 TODAY!
    Please do not PM Moderators and Committee Directly, for quicker response times please follow this guide
    HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

My Articles: Fog Light in Rear Cluster - Changing AYC Switch - Changing Drive Shaft - Changing Front suspension
    My Projects: Installing Uprated Clutch - making Gauge Pods (Tri-pod)
    Club Related: HOW TO Guides - HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators
    RIP: Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve - Mauve History | First VR4 - Second VR4 - Third VR4

Profile for BraindG
    Get your own fuel sig in the Garage (Members Only) - Visit my Garage ........What Is Geocaching?

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

It's only threads in the technical area (e.g. VR-4 Questions, etc.) that have the 'helpful posts' function activated at present. Not that it's a trial - it's just there at the moment.
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.