adam
    Last Online
    05-02-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    v6 elegance

sport faster than the elegance?

i drove my v6 sport today after not been able to drive it for over a month, i have now got the v6 elegance which i use daily, the sport seemed very quick compared to the elegance.
    is there much difference between them? as they have the same engine is the sport set up different??

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    26-07-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    UK VR4 4dr Auto

Not as far as I am aware. Sport just has different extras bolted onto it than the Elegance
    Possibly the only VR4 that was driven by the current owner before being registered..... & it's a UK car

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Assuming they are both V6's they left the factory with the same powerplant.
    If I'm replying to your thread and helping you out, it is because I like you and want to help out your VR-4 ownership. No other reason

Name
    Philip
    Last Online
    23-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    03 Galant V6

Yep to both of the above posts - same power plant and some slight different kit, for instance sunroof or twin / single front bumper lights and the badge on the boot lid and rear doors being different.

If both V6s really do feel different on the road, try running the fuel down and refilling on 99+ octane petrol on both cars and running them on this for a couple of tank fulls. :-)

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Different age cars have slightly different power levels, due to emissions laws. Don't quote me on the specifics, but I think earlier cars had one lambda sensor which evolved into four sensors on later cars. I'm not sure if catalysers changed too? But trim level should have no impact to the engines output. Maybe the slower car is just running thicker oil, older spark plugs and a dirty air filter?

Name
    adam
    Last Online
    05-02-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    v6 elegance

i think you might be right nick, the elegance is in need of an oil change along with the air filter it is on 83000 miles,so i may aswell do the plugs.
    as for the sport she has coverd 155k on the clock and ive always serviced the car well with good oils and filters etc. they are both v6 engines maybe the sport has losend up alot compared to the elegance? i do love my sport but she is getting on a bit now, it is a rare spec with the twin spot lights on the front bumper. but i must say i am enjoying my new elegance