Quinton
    Last Online
    25-06-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Built VR4 Leggy

Exclamation Carbon Engine Covers

ok due to the lack of communication over the past month or 2 some people ar easking questions,i am having difficulty trying to communicate with others so this way its easier for all to communicate.

i was VERY impressed with the pictures on CVR4 re these engine covers,but sadly let down when i recieved my 2 after paying TOP $$ for them.
    i notice dthe following:

Matt Sanded Finish on the top and 180Grit sand markes on the side walls
    Un evenly lapped Carbon layering round oil fill cap
    Thick milky areas where theres to much clear gelcoat laid.
    Pin holes all over
    Cutting Marks around the areas needing opening etc...
    Cutout for Y-Pipe totally off course by 20mm or more as per pic.
    Holes not totally lined up in correct positioning.

from what was advertised this is clearly NOT what i paid for.
    i have emailed him in the past,bout a month ago and had a reply (he may be away from pc for 2 weeks or so and is busy with the new mold that week and id get replacememnts from that,and that this was the first CF items he has done and is new,of wich i was very accepting to that a si know what its like being new at something)
    since then iv heard Squeeeeek

i am not in any way Badmouthing or causing any problems,just want to clarify for those whom wish to buy or who did buy and may have the same as what i have,and for those wanting to buy my ones i have

i trial fitted 1 and am leaving it on for a week to see the heat damage if any ,then i wil lpost pics aswell,but the bonnet is vented so the heat wont be nearly as much as a shut top bonnet.

again this thread is NOT for bullying,bad mouthing but simply a general insight and info line for those interested in these covers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name
    Karl
    Last Online
    14-10-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Mits VR4 Super
    My Garage
    Visit

can i just say that i received my cover in promt time tip top condition altho there suppose to be a fault to which i was advised about and was hugely discounted for due to this there was an issue with heat and the stickers on a polished surface once this was addressed to peter he again promtly sent out new stickers im sure that he has an internet issue and not avoiding anybody intenionaly please be patiant
    Mitsubushi Legnum Super VR4 # 59/283

Remapped ECU
    Blitz dual selenoid Electonic Boost Controller
    600X300X76 FMIC
    Magnecor KV85 competition HT Leads
    NGK Iridium spark plugs
    Custom made hard pipes
    S-ayc diff
    Selby ajustable sway bars
    Poly utherain bushes
    Sard 265lph fuel pump
    Sard fuel pressure regulator
    Daiyama adjustable coilovers
    236mm 13 row transmisson oil cooler
    Custom made rear strut-brace
    plx wideband sensor & gauge
    Evo VI 3" Decat
    Enkei Evo VIII alloys
    Evo VIIII brembro calipers & discs all round
    Zenon HID headlights inc high beam and fog lights
    Carputer
    2x genesis amp's
    Rainbow and focal door speakers
    AMSoil fluids
    K&N panel filter
    Opie oils air freshener

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Karl, I'm sure we all appreciate you point but unfortunately it has been a month since Peter was last online and given his committments due to the fact people have paid for goods they haven't recieved it simply is't professional. If he has no internet at home there are plenty of other ways to get online and advise someone of the potential delays. Given Ken was his biggest advocate and is also conspicuously absent there is the natural tendancy to believe something is awry. I may be wrong, I normally am, but not when it comes to stuations like this. Hopefully Peter will turn up and everything will be good again.

Q, given the major fault in the design I certainly wouldn't be happy with the situation were I in you shoes. Thank you for offering me the opportunity to have one of the covers but at this moment in time I must decline.
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Not to add fuel to the fire & I'm sure everything will sort its self out but I do know that Scott(dinger) had a few issues with the body kit he got from Peter as well.
    The mighty Leedsnum has gone but the Airtrek mods will soon fill this space

How To:Contact Committee or Moderators.

Name
    Quinton
    Last Online
    25-06-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Built VR4 Leggy

thanx aboo for that point taken but remember the kit is prolly not peters fault at al las he prolly imported it and it was a copy of a copy of a copy,
    let me take a minute to explain,any fitment issues like,too small9typical first problem with FG items),warping,stretched or shrunk in at the ends usually means its been copied a number of times and aswell the mold was used high tempratures to produce them faster to make more muny..

back to topic here there is some suspicion due to the lack of conversation or attempt of compensation from his part to wwich i am upset about but i will remain and await a response .
    at the end of the day the items ARE Defective IMO being warped,if you sat the cover on the engine youd notice it sits flat on on top but then its lifted on the bottom wich is due to the type of item molding needs to be affixed to the correct angles to ensure the mold stays at the correct angles wich i doubt this was ,pin holes,matt finish,im also CERTAIN theyv been sprayed with a clear laquer to gloss it up aswell but the heat form the engine bay will SOON reveal the truth of that.

never the less id like to WELCOME ANYONE whom purchased a cover from Peter to please attend this thread and comment on your findings please so we can all stay on target here and keep on the COVERS only not any other item please guys.

im sure Peter has a very good reason for not being active(family,work orders for year ending,etc)

thanx guys
    ~Q~

Name
    Karl
    Last Online
    14-10-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Mits VR4 Super
    My Garage
    Visit

Q i hate to say this but i think you got my cover and i got yours tbh peter advertised 1 cover that wasent perfect around oil filler cap ect so couldent sell it for full price so i bought it at a hugely discounted price peter sent me pics of the issues and thb the pics look just like the ones above but when i received the cover i coulden't see any faults in fact it was in perfect condition i did mention this to Peter but tbh can not remember what his reply was i think he thought i was just happy with the cover which i was and still am so makes me wonder if he has accidently mixed packages up sent me yours and you mine init .....

Name
    Quinton
    Last Online
    25-06-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Built VR4 Leggy

Thanks Karl but i think we purchased ours at seperate times tho my friend,
    doesnt matter anyhow,it will all get sorted in due course im positive about it,and atleast Peter will ave this thread to go by when ironing out the faults then,so i hope it will go down well and no meanness as i do not intend any harm or bad mouthing at all

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Quote Originally Posted by VR4WGN View Post
    Thanks Karl but i think we purchased ours at seperate times tho my friend,
    doesnt matter anyhow,it will all get sorted in due course im positive about it,and atleast Peter will ave this thread to go by when ironing out the faults then,so i hope it will go down well and no meanness as i do not intend any harm or bad mouthing at all
    I'd like to re-iterate that from my side of things, it's not my intention to paint anyone in a bad light.

Name
    Robert
    Last Online
    21-07-2021
    Country
    Ireland
    Car
    Skoda Superb

As with all good business, it's good communication that completes the package.

Hopefully all issues can be resolved, once lines of communication have been renewed.

Anybody tried "snail mail" to get a reply?
    Might be quicker if internet access is an issue.
    "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."
    Kurt Cobain

Name
    Darren
    Last Online
    10-04-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    COTY

would the committe not have a contact number? or perhaps a facebook account which may reveal a different story on internet activity?

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Have you emailed peter using the email function in his profile ?

Due to the data protection act we are unable to give out users detials unless authorised to do so

Name
    Robert
    Last Online
    21-07-2021
    Country
    Ireland
    Car
    Skoda Superb

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter_John View Post
    Due to the data protection act we are unable to give out users detials unless authorised to do so
    But could you use those details to point out the issue at hand?

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

I've tried PM, e-mail and getitng the new owner of his car (one of our Dutch friends) to call him but no response.

As per Roberto's comment can you not contact him directly (although I know nev mentioned he's sent him an e-mail too? Whilst he pays for the services provided to a trader by the club & committee should the same not be true of the customers of registered traders?

Name
    John
    Last Online
    21-03-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum

Traders on ebay, for instance, now have to give their full name and address and I think this is a requirement for all forms of "trade" advertising so should not traders on this site have to show theirs ? THe law requires in most places an address where official documents can be served.
    Proverbs 20:29

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

I imagine the difficulty here is that Trader is more of a forum thing than necessarily an official trader. A trader such as Peter may just be someone who works from home and sells a lot of items on here, hence providing the contact details may compromise his home safety. I think the issue is what part does he change from a Trader to a business, not just from a forum but a legal standpoint. All of this is going too in depth for the time being I would suggest.

Name
    Quinton
    Last Online
    25-06-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Built VR4 Leggy

Agree with Lee there,better yet does anyone live near him? i dont mind giving some gas money for a road trip??,.or let me rephrase that a SNOW TRIP?? lol

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Without wanting to detract from the original point of this thread I'm going to ask that the Committee consider that there is currently nothing in the T&Cs that refers to Traders nor is there anywhere else, that I've found, that describes the entitlements and regulations laid down to Traders. If the packages merely server to generate revenue to fund the club services that's fine but it would be best for all involved if we know where we all stand.

Name
    Quinton
    Last Online
    25-06-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Built VR4 Leggy

its more advanced than that Lee,its got to do with The government of your country and their rules and regulations regarding Pirvacy acts and information being available,if it was that easy to give out information id be in jail for numerous assault charges and id be rich,claiming my property and money from liers and theives who do me over and never send goods etc ,but thais infact the exact reason for such by laws my friend," A Safer Community", Tui.............

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Clubvr4 sent Peter an email last Friday as yet no response has been recieved

As for the Trader packages these have been under review for a while now and we expect them to be completed and in place by the start of the new year

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Right I have spoke to Peter on behalf of the club and he has explained his absense from the site during the last month , this has been down to his broadband supplier disconnecting him and only giving him a date of 18th Dec for reconnection , his computer has also crashed meaning he doesn't even have access to any conatct details for people .

I have informed him that there has been a few concerns over his products and that people would like to discuss this with him and he had no problem with any committee member providing his mobile number to any party requiring contact , if you have a genuine reason to speak to Pater then could you please send a PM to one of the Committee explaining the reason why you need contact ( this is to protect us from just giving out his number to anyone )

He assured me that he will be back online as soon as possible and wanted to do everything he can to resolve things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast