Name
    Paddy
    Last Online
    29-12-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    COTY

Maybe it's because it's Kyle, certainly because it's over £8 - but my initial reaction is FFS !!

However he may have a point. Some people may not simply have the desire/necessity to have access to all the members stuff but might need the odd one every now & again. Maybe some PAYG scheme might work. I'll leave it as an exercise for the subordinate to work out how this is done.

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyB View Post
    Maybe some PAYG scheme might work. I'll leave it as an exercise for the subordinate to work out how this is done.
    And we all know that Pay as You Go is a False economy

Name
    James
    Last Online
    28-02-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant VR4

If the only reason a reduced level of membership looks appealing is to save £8 then it just seems silly. If the membership price was £30 then you would want to save £12 and so on and so forth. What you have to look at is the value you get for your money. Eveyone pays the same money to be a full member and some people will use more of the benifits than others, that's just life and the nature of a club. Also I don't know the figures but if the keyfob and the postage are costing that amount of money then the club should be looking for a new supplier! I mean really what will £20 buy you these days? 3 packets of fags? 1/2 a brake seal kit from mitsi? Not even a 1/2 tank of v-power?

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    05-02-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70 T5

I'm quite happy paying £20 and always will

Name
    Dougie
    Last Online
    01-03-2013
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    2000 Galant VR4

I was wanting to find out about becoming a full member its £20 a year huh so does it go by when ya pay it or am i better waiting till start of next year i'm a wee bitty lost lol Plus its the jock in me wanting value for money lol but £20 is cheap as chips and i'll be joining as a full member soon

Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    07-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

Pay today & you will be a member till next December

Name
    Jane
    Last Online
    11-11-2014
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    A black one ...
    My Garage
    Visit

Yep, Derek is 100% correct - you get a full year membership from the date that you join and pay

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

I propose we have the three types of membership just like Kyle said.

associate membership £5 and limited access. Aimed at your other half's!
    full membership £20 with a welcome pack
    half membership £20.

whadda ya think? Iz i cleverz?
    Still here somewhere........

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    09-12-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR2,VR4+Mazda6

We've had these kind of discussions over at our little dutch forum as well. If some users don't want to pay such a small amount of money to support a club (whether they use all or nothing of the benefits) then that's fine: don't be a member, don't support the club. Adding one, two, three or 10 new options would only make things complicated and expensive (for the club), which is not in the best interest of it's members. For non paying members we offer a donation-function on our dutch forum, so that anyone who don't want to be a full member, but does want to support the club/forum can donate any (even tiny) amount. Guess how much that happens: never! There are people who go to great lenghts to get it all for free and there are those who want to pay (again: a small amount) and help themselves and the club. And finally there are people who think they want it sort-of-both; most times free, except when they need it; but then it should be cheap(er).

Imagine that a forum/club should offer a type of membership that will allow you to browse through only the article section. Works for some! But then others wouldn't want/need access to articles, just the resources. Or others: both. Someone else just wants it for 1 day access. And another would want it for a week, or a month. And there will be no end to all the various ways people will eventually want to pay for their specific usage! It'll cause much, much more questions and obstacles compared to:

Be a member and pay (even if it is only to support this great club). Or don't. Keep it simple!

Name
    Lorraine
    Last Online
    20-05-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    ToyotaMR2GTI-16

The problem is basically.... You can't please everyone!! Our club already offers 4 types of membership
    1, Full Member for a very good value amount of £20.00 per year
    2, Associate Member for a cheap as chips £5.00 per year
    3, Registered user for people that just want to browse and not pay for the articles ect for absolutely nothing
    4, Traders designed specifically for those wishing to use the club as a way of promoting and encouraging new customers to there business.

IMHO to then go on and have a fifth type of membership would be a waste of valuble time and effort on the part of the volunteers that keep this wonderful site running.
    Please bare this in mind when asking for things such as this..... To add to, change and improve and generally keep this site up and running involves alot of time and effort of very few people who already sacrifice a lot for this club

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Lillywotsername View Post
    The problem is basically.... You can't please everyone!! Our club already offers 4 types of membership
    3, Registered user for people that just want to browse and not pay for the articles ect for absolutely nothing
    4, Traders designed specifically for those wishing to use the club as a way of promoting and encouraging new customers to there business.

IMHO to then go on and have a fifth type of membership would be a waste of valuble time and effort on the part of the volunteers that keep this wonderful site running.
    Please bare this in mind when asking for things such as this..... To add to, change and improve and generally keep this site up and running involves alot of time and effort of very few people who already sacrifice a lot for this club
    Well said Lorraine !!

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    Other
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Lillywotsername View Post

I also 2nd that!

Name
    alan
    Last Online
    25-11-2011
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    ralliart galant

you think a vr4 is expencive,i just sold a P38 RR 4.6...£375 FOR AIRSUPENSION COMPRESSOR,ILL STICK TO THE RALLIART VR4 EST IVE JUST BOUGHT ,THANKS,
    GET XMAS OVER ,AND I WILL JOIN CLUB FOR £20 NO PROBS,63 YEARS AND RETIRED,HA,,21 AT HEART WHEN IN VR4,,,..

Name
    Scottie
    Last Online
    09-02-2014
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 VR4 Legnum

Well IMHO I cant even remember how much it is to be a member I paid dont even use the articles except the diagnostic one. I just think some people need to realise you get what you pay for dont pay the membership and you can spend a day trying to google an issue that you could of found out in 2mins.

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    12-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    2009 Colt

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    No problem, I just won't send you one - see, it's really not that hard
    can i have it then
    "Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"................ (Gilles Villeneuve)

Name
    adam
    Last Online
    05-02-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    v6 elegance

£20 full membership seems very fair to me,i will be paying for mine very soon. its £20! damm how many times have you ordered a pizza from domino's and it hits over £20 or paid for a small round in the pub,its not going to break the bank

Name
    Ash
    Last Online
    26-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    shogun 3.2 di-d
    My Garage
    Visit

if i hit £20 on a dominos order, id be looking for voucher codes!

Name
    Scottie
    Last Online
    09-02-2014
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 VR4 Legnum

20 pounds that like $40 I cam quite easy spend that at hell pizza or burgerfuel in one outing I'd much rather have a membership for a year and go hungry.. maybe.. no wait id prob just spend $80 and be full and a full member haha I'm not going to lie i think this a stupid arguement / discussion.

Name
    Ash
    Last Online
    26-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    shogun 3.2 di-d
    My Garage
    Visit

lol. maybe in the way suggested is stupid/daft but, if the 3rd type was a life time membership. i'd merrily spend £30-£40 for that!
    ash

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast