Thread: hi there. i just picked up a 12/98 Legnum VR4 auto with leather interior.

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    20-12-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    1998 Legnum

Smile hi there. i just picked up a 12/98 Legnum VR4 auto with leather interior.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to disconnect the front wheel drive for some drift/burnout action. I saw a legnum smoking the rears in a donut pad and wondered how its done. Cheers and merry xmas everyone!

Name
    David
    Last Online
    10-02-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Corvette
    My Garage
    Visit

You buy a RWD car..... Otherwise you first need to upgrade the rear diff or you will blow the AYC up. Or you need to lock the transfer case. It's not just a case of "I'll turn the front wheels off, do some skids then turn them back on...."

Kenneth has built a rear LSD and made a hybrid transfer case with evo bits in it. I don't know how that's going. But as I said, if you want to do skids you should have purchased a commodore or a falcon.

/edit - I just saw your car is auto so not exactly the beat car to be doing skids in!
    To contact the CVR4 Staff please see HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    20-12-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    1998 Legnum

I am totally new to awd and turbos and have been down the V8 path. bought the leggy as i now have a son and needed a wagon and wanted something different. I dont think my car has ayc as i cant see any warning lights or fuses for it anywhere. Thanks for the info anyway and any tips would be great. Cheers

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Hi & welcome to CVR4.

Do you have 3 green lights that light up on the dash when you start the car? If so thats your AYC.
    The mighty Leedsnum has gone but the Airtrek mods will soon fill this space

How To:Contact Committee or Moderators.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

i am still gob smacked that people buy VR4 and know nothing about them before they buy them. if the AYC is knackered then it could cost thousands of dollars to put it right.
    but i would not put anyone off from buying a VR4 they are fantastic cars. but for god sake do some research before spending you hard earned cash. who knows you might have bought a tarted up V6 with a VR4 badge on the back.

buy the way hi & Welcome!
    all the info you need is on this site, and the £20 membership fee is worth it's weight on gold.
    i would suggest reading the introduction page, and then do a search on "AYC" there are hundreds of threads.
    sorry for rant it was not directed at you just a general OMG moment. i am nice really (see below).

is it a facelift 1998. as it could be a Tpye-V (no ayc) as opposed to a type-S (ayc)
    see Bradc post 26 and 27 in the thread below it explains all the options and types.
    http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthr...=type-v+type-s

Bye for Now!

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    20-12-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    1998 Legnum

No green lights. cheers

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    20-12-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    1998 Legnum

I jumped on this particular car as i have been looking for ages and it was the nicest one i came across. The link will be very useful thank you. Will let you know what i have.

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    20-12-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    1998 Legnum

Ok i think what i bought is a V spec as i have no ayc,no traction control and i am sure the rear diff is open too. It has the old skool dash as well. I had a magna on gas before this for nine years and it was brilliant so thought a legnum would be ok as i really need a wagon and like the fact you don't see them often in sydney.
    Last edited by campy1972; 20-12-2010 at 05:01 AM.