Last Online
    01-01-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum Type-S

Future owner here

Hi all, just a small intro really.
    I'm Chris from Kent. I don't own a VR4 yet, but I am on the lookout for one and have been in touch with newera to scope out what's available and what's hard to come by (seems my idea of leather with a manual gearbox isn't on the cards yet)

I used to own an FTO a few years back, so I have an idea of how good the Tip gearbox really is

I'm sure I'll be asking around for some buying advice, but I think I'm set on a type-s (facelifted) with either leather or recaros. One question I did have is around the seats... was it *either* leather *or* recaro ? Not an option for both ? If so, that's what I'm gonna look for

Cheers
    Chris

Name
    dan
    Last Online
    13-10-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant Vr-4

welcome to CVR-4 mate

good luck hunting for a car...............even more luck for a manual lol

Dan

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '97 Legnum
    My Garage
    Visit

Welcome to the club.

Leather recaro's were never an option. The pre-facelift cars came with optional biege leather and the Car Of The Year (COTY) came with black leather. The facelift cars had either black with blue fleck or black with red fleck material seats or optional alcantara (grey suede-like) recaro's.

The manual cars are quite hard to find as the tiptronic was much more popular out in Japan. I'm sure, given enough time you can find one.

Newera have a good reputation but are at the top end of the market, their cars are generally stunning ....but so are their prices!!

Good luck with your search.

'97 Manual Legnum in silver with some subtle mods

My first VR4 - '97 Legnum Dark Green & mean ...it was love at first sight - now sold

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    01-01-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum Type-S

thanks for the responses guys, any other agents I should look at other than Newera ?

Manual is a nice to have really, I'm happy with the Tip gearbox (had one on the FTO)