simon
    Last Online
    04-05-2015
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Legnum PFL VR4

Talking silly comments/stories

as title, post any silly things someone has said or stories.

I'll start with a couple

Mates ex was preping for her driving test, recent one with the show and tell, he asked her "where is the dipstick" her responce "I'm stood here you tw@t"

Said to same girl as above "what a pig, just got some new 17" alloys, I've only just put new tyres on my 16" ones" her responce "cant you just trim your old tyres to fit the new wheels?"

A different female friend called me and asked how to check her oil level cos the light keeps comming on. Told her how to do it and she said it was on the bottom line. Said I'll be round after work and i'll top it up for you. Pulled onto her drive after work and could see her head under the bonnet. When I got out of the car i could see what she was doing .......... Filling her oil, through a funnel down the dipstick hole, she'd been there for half hour at that point. I did get a sturn slap for laughing at her!

£20 for CVR4 Membership, best money I've ever spent.
    Join here

Jan 2011
    New engine
    Feb 2011
    NJ special ECU - thanks John
    Momo steering wheel - thanks Steve
    Alloys - thanks Jay/Colin
    229bhp @0.4 bar (fix to follow)
    New boost solenoid
    Standard dumpvalve - cheers again Steve
    Decat 3"
    291.5 BHP @ 0.9 bar

Legnum VR4 S-spec

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    Other
    My Garage
    Visit

YOUR SACKED! Sexist towards woman

Hell keep it up!!

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    14-09-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum vr4 type

Friends wife called saying the oil warning light was on.'Fill it up' was the reply. We then get a call to say it's died. She'd filled it up through the oil cap fine,to the brim!!!!

Name
    Brian
    Last Online
    24-10-2012
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    VR4, S60R, GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Nube View Post
    Friends wife called saying the oil warning light was on.'Fill it up' was the reply. We then get a call to say it's died. She'd filled it up through the oil cap fine,to the brim!!!!
    It's not just wimmin - guy that works for me did exactly the same thing with his Peugeot 205!

Also, my former brother-in-law got a puncture when out in the country. Removed the wheel, put on the spare and carried on home. Told my father about it and he said, "no problem, give me the wheel and I'll get another tyre on it". To which my brother-in-law said, "I don't have the wheel, I chucked it over the hedge, I thought it was useless." No wonder my sister got rid of him ...
    S60R | GT-R

artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    12-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    2009 Colt

Quote Originally Posted by sy666 View Post
    . When I got out of the car i could see what she was doing .......... Filling her oil, through a funnel down the dipstick hole, she'd been there for half hour !
    no so strange..on a vauxhall vivaro you do fill and check the level at the same hole
    "Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"................ (Gilles Villeneuve)

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    01-05-2020
    Country
    England
    Car
    Transit&VR-406

One of my ex's, asked me, "Why do all electricians wear blue?"
    Do they, I thought? so i said-, "Thats because Blue doesn't conduct electricity the same as other colours."
    "I thought it was something to do with safety" she replied.....LOL

Name
    Owen
    Last Online
    06-08-2011
    Country
    England
    Car
    97 VR4 Manual/s

Was telling this one to Woody72 on saturday...

A guy i worked with (a carpenter) bought a new washing machine, brought it home and when he was lifting it taught "jaysus thats heavy", so being the curious type he opened up the washing machine to find a big lump of concrete inside it! He taught "Bingo" thats unusual n shouldnt be there! so he got out the hammer and chisel and started hacking away at the concrete! When finished he plumbed it all up and put on a wash, seemed to be working fine so left the house to go shopping.

Returned home later on to find the kitchen covered in water and the washing machine at the other side of the room!!!

Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    07-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

I was in the pub the other day when a couple ordered a meal, & two black coffee's with milk???

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    22-03-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    PFL Legnum VR-4

Sat in the posh French restaurant at the Belfry with our lass, "isn't it funny how all french waitors seem to be called Gaston"

Another one from one of her workmates who actually thought this was the saying, "you're not a help you're a Hindu"

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    12-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    2009 Colt

how many times have you gone into a coffee shop without any seats and asked for a coffee to take away............................or is it just me

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    01-05-2020
    Country
    England
    Car
    Transit&VR-406

We have a lad at work who when he was 18, drove 25 miles to my job to collect the rubbish in a LWB Transit.
    He parked outside the customers house, who lived on a steep hill. He walked in and said the vans buggered because he could only manage 40 MPH on the motorway and it wouldnt pull at all in 5th gear.
    So we went outside to investigate, and found the van had vanished!!! We looked down the road/hill just in time to see the van smash into a telephone exchange at the bottom!!
    We ran down to make sure noone was hurt and found the rear wheels were very warm and smelled burnt! The van survived with a large dent and a broken bumper that was it!!!- the telephone exchange was fooked!!!
    Turns out he drove all the way with the handbrake on!! Needless to say he got bo!!ocked by the boss!!!

But, his bad luck didnt stop there-
    That night with the transit fully laidened, he decided to take the van home Because he was running late to meet his Girlfriend, or something. So he parked it on his drive, and jumped straight into his car parked just in front of the van, only to see in his mirror, the van rolling off his drive down the street....again!!!
    So rather than getting the keys out of his pocket and trying to jump in,- panic'd- and he thought he could stop it himself by using his pathetic 9stone puny body against the momentum of the fully loaded-LWB High-top Transit on a slight incline. He failed and had to leap out of the way before he got squished between the van and his neighbours wall which did eventually stop it-after smashing a couple of windows in the passenger door, and destroying most of the nearside of the van (and the wall)!!!

When I saw him the next day, and asked him what he did this time, he insisted it wasnt his fault, and that he had left it in gear, He said he had even taken pictures on his phone of the interior of the van, while parked on his driveway in gear and with the handbrake on....... sadly he hadn't noticed the broken glass and some broken bits of brick on the passenger seat. Obviously took the pics after totaling the van......

Name
    Graham
    Last Online
    01-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ford Mondeo 2.2

A bloke with parkinsons came in to work the other day to get his wheels balanced, i thought what a waste of money!

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    01-05-2020
    Country
    England
    Car
    Transit&VR-406

Sorry............. didnt mean to write an essay lol

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    01-05-2020
    Country
    England
    Car
    Transit&VR-406

Quote Originally Posted by WOODY72 View Post
    A bloke with parkinsons came in to work the other day to get his wheels balanced, i thought what a waste of money!
    Lol! Reminds me, I once fitted a kitchen for a blind guy who had a Guide dog called 'Dave' ()- Must admit, i was tempted to put his old one back in just slightly differently......

Name
    Brian
    Last Online
    24-10-2012
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    VR4, S60R, GT-R

When I was at college, I worked part-time in a garage (used car sales, coachworks). I was talking to the senior bodywork guy one day when he asked his apprentice to go up to the corner shop and buy him a bridie (Scottish meat pastry) for his lunch. The apprentice asked, "What if they don't have any bridies?" The boss said, "Just get me something else then!" The apprentice came back with a pack of 20 cigarettes! ... and the boss didn't smoke!

Name
    Martin
    Last Online
    16-11-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    97 Legnum VR-4

Quote Originally Posted by SGHOM View Post
    I was in the pub the other day when a couple ordered a meal, & two black coffee's with milk???
    That *sort* of makes sense - perhaps they wanted to be sure NOT to get a Latte.

I used to drink Lime juice and Lemonade - I lost count of the No of times I was given Lime and Soda - they DONT LISTEN !
    Martin Yates

97 Legnum VR-4 , 02 Mazda 6 (wifey's)

Name
    Bill
    Last Online
    12-02-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum Ralliart

I shouldn't say this realy but it's the truth.My wife once said that she bought a certain brand of margarine because it was rich in polystyrene