Frank
    Last Online
    17-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    97 Legnum VR4

Cobra Alarm Problem

Hi, i seem to have developed a problem with my Cobra Alarm. When i park up and press the button on the alarm fob the doors do not lock and with a lot of pissing about i eventually get them locked. When i press the fob button the indicators all flash, but the doors dont lock, then when i open the rear doors/boot i get an alarm tone to say the door is open but this doesnt happen with both front doors! Has anyone experienced anything like this before. Has anyone got any ideas
    Cheers
    Frank
    I"m not speeding i just look fast...............

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    12-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    2009 Colt

may be a sily question but have you changed the battery on the fob could be on its last legs
    "Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"................ (Gilles Villeneuve)

Name
    Frank
    Last Online
    17-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    97 Legnum VR4

Quote Originally Posted by ANTHONY View Post
    may be a sily question but have you changed the battery on the fob could be on its last legs
    the last year ive had about 4 batteries in the remote, not because they were dead, i thought that was the problem myself

Name
    Louis
    Last Online
    23-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Legnum Vr4
    My Garage
    Visit

check when you close the doors that the "door open" light on the dash is going out. If the alarm is not arming or you are getting a singe tone, it maybe the alarm thinks you have locked the car with a door open.
    Make sure your interior lights are set so that they come on when the doors open, all of them, as this will draw current and make the voltage more noticable to the alarm system. it could be a door switch needing some WD40 or cleaning?.
    Updating Soon!! 1998 Legnum VR4, fully serviced every 4500 miles. Fully Amsoil'd. Falken 453's, EVO 8 FQ320 rear diff.

Name
    Richard
    Last Online
    11-12-2012
    Country
    New Zealand-Maori
    Car
    7G galant vr4

wd40= good idea. do all 4doors while your at it. check each switch is screwed in nice and tight.

central locking problem could be?.. with all the opening and closing of the drivers door, the 2 central locking wires could have a break in them between the car and the door? it could also be the door motor its self. first you will need to determine if its the motor.. you will need a test light to check the motor is receiving the signal from its control module check at the motor itself first if it has no power check at the plug in the car before it gos out to the door. if theres no power there its the control module (i doubt it) if theres power there its the wires.. if theres power at the motor its the motor.