Isaurio
    Last Online
    09-12-2014
    Country
    United States
    Car
    Galant

Wtb nardi steering wheel

I want a nardi steering wheel. Any offer send me pics if you selling one. Thanks.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Posting air bags is a bit of a problem in the UK. I would have thought that the same was true in the US. How would you get round that?

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    Other
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann View Post
    Posting air bags is a bit of a problem in the UK. I would have thought that the same was true in the US. How would you get round that?
    Possibly by surface? but doubtful.

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Shipping Air Bags! Our Company has been in the Auto Dismantling industry since 1934. We have seen numerous changes in Environmental and Safety Standards over the years. One such change is our requirements with the shipment of “Air Bags”. We are now under the guidelines from the The Federal branch of the Department Of Transportation which requires UPS to ship “Air Bags” as a hazardous material item. Under I.D. number UN3268. Class 9. We are charged a $20.00 hazardous Fee and must ship them in a burst Proof box at a cost of $7.00. Then we have the actual freight charges. We know others May ship “Air Bags” without using the above criteria but as a large Auto Dismantler we Must comply by the rules we are subject to in order to keep quality used parts in the marketplace. When you create an “Air Bag” on Ebay you will get the following blurb to remind you of the potential problems with shipping them. “Before listing an air bag for sale on eBay, please review eBay's policies and your state's laws on the sales of air bags.Due to legal restrictions and consumer safety concerns, eBay prohibits all sales of deployed or rebuilt airbags. In addition, some states have even more restrictive laws, prohibiting all sales of used airbags, whether deployed or not. “ “Shipping of new airbags is also tightly regulated by the Department of Transportation and many shipping companies have special rules related to shipment of such items. When you list this item on eBay, you agree to comply with these laws. For more information, please discuss this with your shipping agency, and review the following URL: http://www.setonresourcecenter.com/4...9/wcd0096f.asp eBay has also been contacted by state government authorities who have asked that eBay users be informed that some state laws require those who sell air bags to provide to the purchaser of the air bag a written receipt that includes the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the vehicle from which the air bag was removed. If you are unsure of the legal requirements in your state for the sale of air bags, please consult with your local government officials to ensure that your sale complies with your local laws.”

This maybe out of date on the pricing.. But is from a US Company trading on Ebay..

Name
    Isaurio
    Last Online
    09-12-2014
    Country
    United States
    Car
    Galant

So it could be done?

Name
    Michal
    Last Online
    27-08-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Fl LEGNUM/Galan

nothing airbag can't blow, that need a power
    Last edited by mike951; 08-02-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Name
    Isaurio
    Last Online
    09-12-2014
    Country
    United States
    Car
    Galant

Thank you for clearing that out. I was thinking the same thing. Is not that easy a air bag to go off without a sensor or power

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

I don't think it matters how easily it goes off. It is basically a small explosive charge. Understandably, people are funny about shipping.

Isaurio - I would suggest you investigate the shipping and make sure you can arrange a courier to collect. I will have a Nardi wheel to sell in a couple of weeks and I'm sure others on here have got them too. But the shipping of it is a headache I don't want.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    Other
    My Garage
    Visit

One thing you have to be carefull with is if sending abroad & you put your details on that package, if it goes off & injures or possibly worse the sender is in real deep brown stuff.

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

Shipping anything hazardous to the US is a complete and utter mare, they wont even accept food stuffs into the country and if they know it is food they destroy it and some states can get really funny about that.

Airbags are pretty much what Wodj says, you are going to provide the ins and outs of a donkeys arse, and even then there is no guarantee that it wouldn't be destroyed by your IRC.

Shipping over land/boat is slightly easier, but you could be looking at 4 weeks shipping time.

Providing they let it on a plane, then again you would be looking at a significant wait, as you will have to record it as an explosive when being sent air freight, and probably have to provide material safety data sheets.

When I bring in products from the US all the boxes need to be marked flammable with the exact code of the products on the box, same with the corrosive materials I bring in, they must all be accompanied by material safety data sheets, that comply on both sides of the pond, and it takes a few days to clear US customs just to export

And as Steve has just said above, if you don't follow the rules it could have serious ramifications for the sender and potentially the receiver, one thing you never do is piss off any customs officer from any country, especially when it comes to hazardous materials, especially something that contains an explosive regardless how big or small people get sensitive these days.

If you were to go ahead with this then please make sure you check everything out carefully and inform the person sending it to you to comply with all legislation on this side of the pond and the US side

Name
    Isaurio
    Last Online
    09-12-2014
    Country
    United States
    Car
    Galant

I dont mind the witting it most be a way to ship such thing. Ok if anyone will ship it without the air bag im cool with that

No air bag. Just sterring wheel with the center cover.

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    26-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

The airbag IS the "centre cover" - with no air bag, all you'll get is the actual circular wheel frame, with a big, metal gap in the middle.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    Other
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Confused View Post
    The airbag IS the "centre cover" - with no air bag, all you'll get is the actual circular wheel frame, with a big, metal gap in the middle.
    And heres one I made earlier
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    Other
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Confused View Post
    And heres one I made earlier
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    26-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Just like that, Steve!

(Although, the above is of course a Momo wheel, not a Nardi wheel)

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

And Mitsi would probably ask eye watering prices for the airbag on it's own, that is if you can even get one.

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    12-03-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4

If someone wants to send it to me then i could take care of it. Shipped line throwing rockets and flares to many a ship. It will cost though.

Name
    Darren
    Last Online
    10-04-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    COTY

if my test drive goes fine tomorrow i will have a mint condition wooden nardi wheel and airbag of which ill happily look into shipping for ya

Name
    Isaurio
    Last Online
    09-12-2014
    Country
    United States
    Car
    Galant

Ohh i see about the gap. Men thats not cool.

Also do u have a pic of thr wooden one. I preffer the black one. Any pics of the black one guys