Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: !HELP! autotraderimports.com ship the wrong VR-4 to me !

Name
    David
    Last Online
    31-01-2021
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

The Chassisnumber on the car, the tax Invoice, the export certificate and the bill of lading are the same! So the mistake must happen in Japan! I have a Mail from Frank with a screenshot of the listing from the car I bought, so somebody hopefully made a mistake.

Name
    Louis
    Last Online
    23-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Legnum Vr4
    My Garage
    Visit

As John said, your paperwork for the car you paid for will have the correct details on it like chassis number, colour mileage and description. If the car that arrives does not match the paperwork you have, then it is totally up to the importer to sort it out at no cost to you. You are paying them to purchase and manage the importing of the vehicle you want, so they have made the mistake, there is nothing you could have done to stop this from happening, as they are in charge of the importing!.
    Just check that the paperwork you signed and agreed to is for the car you wanted. then get intouch with the importer and tell them you were shown the wrong car when you went to pick up your car, and ask them where your car is.
    Is it possible you were shown the wrong car by mistake and that your car has been imported and is there, but someone showed you the wrong one.
    MAin thing is do not accept delivery or sign anything saying that you accept it!, let us know how you get on.
    Updating Soon!! 1998 Legnum VR4, fully serviced every 4500 miles. Fully Amsoil'd. Falken 453's, EVO 8 FQ320 rear diff.

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

If all the numbers match then the vehicle you purchased is the one landed !!!

unless when you placed the order for the car you stated I would like to buy the car with chassis number X (which is the same as the one in the first picture) if not then I can not see what proof you have that they have made the mistake .

Name
    Louis
    Last Online
    23-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Legnum Vr4
    My Garage
    Visit

hopefully you have some emails or paperwork that shows the car you wanted, and you can trace where the error has occurred. (John your avatar is very apt to this thread!), best thing is to get in touch and let them know the situation, don't think the worst of the import company, they may realise what has happened and work out a way to get it sorted out for you, it is very unlikely that they would funny about it. best thing is to start talking to them, and make sure you keep all the emails etc.

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by German-Dave View Post
    The Chassisnumber on the car, the tax Invoice, the export certificate and the bill of lading are the same! So the mistake must happen in Japan! I have a Mail from Frank with a screenshot of the listing from the car I bought, so somebody hopefully made a mistake.
    If this all matches up with the car that landed in Germany then it looks like they have put up the wrong picture of the car they were selling.
    The mighty Leedsnum has gone but the Airtrek mods will soon fill this space

How To:Contact Committee or Moderators.

Name
    dave
    Last Online
    16-07-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4 galant man

if it is the same car i got a hunch they swapped the lights out and the interior and used it alot hence the roof racks and mileage.
    but first get on to the company and explain whats happened that the car isn't anyting like the one you agreed to buy

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Quote Originally Posted by German-Dave View Post
    I tink you're really going to struggle if they all match. As John says you will need some evidence of which car you agreed to order in the first place but even then they may argue you signed up to the chassis number on the paperwork. I'm guessing there's been confusion between white FL models. Are the chassis numbers similar?

I do hope you get it sorted in your favour.
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by funkstardelux View Post
    if it is the same car i got a hunch they swapped the lights out and the interior and used it alot hence the roof racks and mileage.
    but first get on to the company and explain whats happened that the car isn't anyting like the one you agreed to buy
    It is not unknown for parts to go missing between the auction and it landing in the country of destination , but they never add parts and in the case of the roof rack it is not even a quick job to retro fit

Dave do you have both chassis numbers and we can work out what date they were both made on

Name
    David
    Last Online
    31-01-2021
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

The only Chassisnumber I ever get is the Chassisnumber fof the car wgich is in Bremerhaven now. The only things I have are all the E-Mails between me and autotraderimports.com. I asked several times that I really get the car on the listing and frank approve it every time. On the listing is the mileage 80.000km and some equipment like a cd changer which the one in Bremerhaven definetly don´t has. So I will call him this night!

The most depressing thing is that I have already payed 6000€ within all fees and taxes here in Germany and get a car which just have a price of 500€.

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Good Luck David , I hope things work out on this

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

David, if the price is so different I thnk you would have a very strong case. You say you have an e-mail from Frank with a screenshot, could you post it so we can see what you had?

Name
    Robert
    Last Online
    21-07-2021
    Country
    Ireland
    Car
    Skoda Superb

Lee, from the other thread you started about the Evo Wagon, it lists the exact chassis number in the advert.

David, any chance you have the original advert of the Legnum you paid for?
    If the chassis number listed there is the same as the one delivered, you may have a Trades Discription case against the company, as the car listed is clearly not the same car as in the pictures.

Really hope you can get this sorted, but I feel it may be a difficult fight, best of luck
    "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."
    Kurt Cobain

Name
    David
    Last Online
    31-01-2021
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

Some news. I talked to Autotraderimports.com. It is a big mistake. The car I have ordered is now in Bolivia and the buyer there doesn´t send any message. I think he makes the better deal. The only thing they can do is to give me the difference of the money between the 2 cars back. The Problem is that I was so happy to get this great looking VR-4 and now I can only sell the Parts to make some money.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Well, it is something, I suppose.

IMO, I would be asking them to refund you in full and take the car back, so that you can start again. They have after all admitted their mistake.

Clearly, it seems that getting the original vehicle is unlikely now, given where it is in the world. But you should be able to get something similar, although you may have to have some more patience.

But yes, I would have thought that you can get them to refund you in full. Quite simply, they have not provided what you paid for. They should bear any associated costs.

In short, don't give up!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Scott
    Last Online
    09-07-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    96 Legnum VR4 T

Agree fully with Nev, they need to own up to their responsibilities.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

I had feared as much, I'm sorry you've been so unlucky.
    Given your concerns about the mechanical noises I would tell them you want to be completely re-imbursed. There's clearly a reason the car was at such a low price in the first place!

I'm still not sure where you stand with the customs side of it and I'm sure it would be easier to deal with if you were getting a refund, you are no longer a buyer and therefore not liable to pay the tax...
    I'd start calculating how much you're losing in interest on €6000 and advise them that you'll be expecting that back too if it is going to drag on. I know they've not done this deliberately but at the end of the day they haven't completed the transaction as agreed and you shouldn't be out of pocket at all.

Name
    Stefan
    Last Online
    30-01-2022
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Legnum 25ST-R

Sh*t!

I do not believe that this is a mistake, TBH. They clearly gave him the chassis number of the car in Bremerhaven on the invoice. Upon this, they mark the cars so that they do not make such faults. I have seen the car he initially wanted to buy earlier on Tradecarview and Goo-Net, every time with the same pictures.

By the way, I could not remind, that the route for RoRo shippers goes via Bolivia from Japan...

Hope you get is sorted to your favour. If you need help with the car, just let me know. We can pick it up from bremerhaven with a trailer und you can get it checked at the Mitsi garage from my friend in Bitterfeld (150kms away from Berlin). He knows much about these cars already. I might also be interested to buy this car off you for a reasonable price.

cheers
    Stefan
    Last edited by crazydriver81; 24-02-2011 at 11:36 AM.
    the one and only...Pearl White Legnum 25 ST-R...registered in Germany - now featuring a 6A13TT engine (unless you know otherwise)

Name
    dave
    Last Online
    16-07-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4 galant man

don't settle for the difference , get all your money back they made the mistake and have admitted it including your tax etc costs.
    then come over to the uk to find a car maybe ..best to see the car in the flesh before you hand over the cash i think
    edit...buying in the uk isn;t that good either for the poor guy with the log book loans stuff...unreal what is happening lately
    Last edited by funkstardelux; 24-02-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Name
    Kenan
    Last Online
    06-11-2023
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Legnum SuperVR4

Oh my God !!!!!!!!!!
    That must really be a nightmare for you

I hope that everything turns to your favor.
    Keep strong nerves just to exist and to your right!!

liebe Grüsse Kenan

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

I agree with the above. Get all your money back then start again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast