Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Yes LC-1 is installed. I have the e-manage installed too but it's not doing anything (and hasn't now for two years) as I don't know what the hell I'm doing and don't want to blow anything. The only supporting mod I haven't done that I wanted to was the fitment of a quality FPR, all spending on major mods went on hold until I resolve my coolant over 100mph issue. I have a HKS filter, RPW pipes, de-cat, fujitsubo exhaust, TRE pump and new cooler plugs, not to mention I run 102RON all the time.
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Quote Originally Posted by Beastlee View Post
    Yes LC-1 is installed. I have the e-manage installed too but it's not doing anything (and hasn't now for two years) as I don't know what the hell I'm doing and don't want to blow anything. .
    Just log a run on the E-01(or Emanage) of the AFR's at WOT from 1500rpm to 7000rpm(3rd gear pull) And then take some Fuel out using the Air/Fuel Map on the Emanage at 80% throttle and above.. Just start between 2500rpm and 6000rpm.. Then log another run and note the difference.. It is really that simple Repeat and Repeat again untill you get the desired effect on your AFR trace at WOT..

Wodj

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

The bit I don't understand though is what I should be expecting the AFRs to be at the various points. Should be simple enough to do what you said but how much to I take out at a time and what is a safe AFR?
    Sorry to be a pain, this is precisely why I haven't done anything so far.

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Quote Originally Posted by Beastlee View Post
    The bit I don't understand though is what I should be expecting the AFRs to be at the various points. Should be simple enough to do what you said but how much to I take out at a time and what is a safe AFR?
    Sorry to be a pain, this is precisely why I haven't done anything so far.
    How much you take out is dependant on your logged runs.. I would do 3 logged runs from 1500rpm to 7000rpm and compare the 3.. They should all be pretty much the same.. Say for instance that between 3500rpm and 6000rpm at WOT your AFR's are showing to be Mid to Low 10's as i am expecting they will be.. Then Input -5 into all the data points on the Air/Fuel Map from 3500rpm to 6000rpm @ 80% throttle and above.. This should the have the affect of leaning the AFR out a bit in those sectors. Log a run and compare with the 1st runs.. You'll soon get a feel for how little or how much fuel you can subtract at various points. If yo head for an AFR of around 11.5 in that area, it with should give you a good gain in power and safe at that..

PS.. You can select the whole block of data points from 3500-6000rpm and 80-100% throttle by clicking left mouse and dragging accross those cells. This should be fine to deduct 5% on the 1st trim. As long as the AFR's are down in the 10's..
    Last edited by Wodjno; 06-04-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Thanks Glenn, will give it a try but perhaps not until I get back from the UK after Easter. I think I have a logged run stored and I need to to a calibration on the LC-1 so all should be good if I set some time aside. Will tweak the e-01 in the RVR first as that's doing the UK run this year. I think I need to get across for a RR day with mine but you lot keep setting them for dates I just can't make.

I can't select the cells as I have the e-manage and the e01 linked together. I know it's a complaint most people have about the e-01, they can't select a set of cells to modify.

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

I would not rely on the logged run you have stored.. Things can change Do a fresh couple and take it from there

You can still plug a Laptop in and Map it from there Lee.. It's only a matter of a USB Cable. Then you can selct a block of cells It would be best to start on the Lappy to get a Base Tune. So much clearer to see. And then fine tune and tweak with the E-01.

Cheers

Wodj

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Appreciate what you're saying, wasn't going to tweak based on that log, more get a feel for what you've described above.

Will 'obtain' the e-manage software if I don't already and do what you've mentioned. Rep given for being helpful as always

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

No worries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12