Rikki
    Last Online
    26-01-2021
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4/350Z/Focus

Road Trip!!!!

Right then guys my missus is half Italian and still has the whole of her fathers side of the family living in Naples. To that end we thought it would be nice to pay them a visit, especially seen as I have never met them. Now, we were checking out flights etc and they were coming back blooming expensive and to justify it we would have to go for longer than a long weekend etc.

Then I started thinking...(i know this is dangerous) that if we are going to take a couple/few weeks of work and spend a small fortune...why dont we drive there and see the what europe has to offer.

Has anybody ever driven in any of the below countries:

France
    Belgium
    Germany
    Switzerland
    Austria
    Italy

Or do you know any driving regulations etc that I would need to adhere to when travelling through them. For example having Hi Vis vest and a warning triangle in the boot etc.

Will an MOT the week before in the UK cover me in these countries

I obviously need the correct insurance of which I am aware of

Any information you may have with regards to the above that will stop me from becoming some fat hairy inmates play thing would be much appreciated.

Name
    Marc
    Last Online
    05-09-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Saab 9-3 TurboX

check out
    http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice...bycountry.html

Im driving to Italy via Paris later this year and found most of the info I needed there

Name
    Rikki
    Last Online
    26-01-2021
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4/350Z/Focus

Cheers Marc will check it out

Name
    scott waker
    Last Online
    22-02-2012
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    legnum vr4,

ive been to france and needed the following,anti-dazle stickeres for lights,gb badge,hi-vis,warning tri-angle,first-aid kit,box of replacment light bulbs,and plenty of euros for the tolls on motorways, hope this is of help. dont forget a camera the senary is breath taking. enjoy, fire extinguisher in some countrys,

Name
    sam
    Last Online
    06-07-2011
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4 legum

Been through all off them. Best thing to do is when on the boat by an all in kit. So much easier. But make sure u have a hi viz for every 1 in the car. Roads will cost a fortune if u go via paiage and the best views are on the back roads. Don't get caught speeding in swiss as it's straight to nick. Enjoy.

Name
    craig
    Last Online
    26-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    galant vr4 s

ive been through a few of the places and germany can be padantic, you need a bulb kit,jerry can of fuel, first aid kit, warning triangle etc and they are funny on tyre depth as mentioned above you need the lens covers to turn right hand drive headlights to left etc also there speed limits are strictly adhered to particulary around towns autobahns are free for all unless you hit roadworks then its pretty much crawling pace through them. insurance wise dont forget your green card and have some form of international recovery before you go or you could end up in the poo. if you do get stopped by the poliziei then its an instant fine and if you dont have it they take you to the bank or jail ya on the spot on the police dont argue with them they are armed and dont mess about at all be polite and listen to them 99% of them speak english but choose not to due to ignorance on our half but they can be all right so long as you play there game. otherwise its a lovely country to drive through. oh if your going through euro port save your money till you cross the border to germany as its cheaper amsterdam is exstorinate particulary for fuel. there is a big aral garage just across the border and thats the main one everyone uses.

Name
    Rikki
    Last Online
    26-01-2021
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4/350Z/Focus

awesome cheers for all the advice guys. I shouldnt get caught speeding as its guna be a chilled out drive admiring the scenerey. Much like the infamous Stelvio Pass:

stelvio_pass.jpg
    Stelvio_Pass2.jpg