Alan
    Last Online
    24-06-2023
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    VR-4 Leg & R33

RTFM dude! lol
    On a serious note, I'm interested to know how this performs but not for my Legnum.... or the Skyline.... just interested I guess!

Not that I'm particularly bothered but is this thread supposed to be in the Resource Library?
    '97 Legnum VR-4 type S
    DONE - SARD 530cc injectors, SARD AFPR, FMIC, MAP2-ECU, Ralliart air filter & 'Special' MAF, Magnecor leads, NGK 7s, Polyeurethane engine mounts, New lash adjusters, RPW downpipes, Powerflow 3" full de-cat exhaust, Reconditioned turbos, Bespoke AYC gauge, SARD R2D2 BOV, CarPC with EvoScan, Fusion amp & InPhase sub, EBC Turbo grooved & dimpled brake discs, EBC red & green pads, HKS SuperForm Lowering springs, Hydraulic bonnet dampers, Momo steering wheel, Bespoke wideband AFR/Oil pressure gauge thingy, New wiper blades all round!, Amsoiled... woo hoo!
    Growling out 349ft/lb torque, 296 fly HP @ 0.9 bar

Name
    craig
    Last Online
    26-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    galant vr4 s

well here is the new video with the proper function of the ebc :-/ and its the right way around now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISltdreB2g4
    UBIQUE
    EVERYWHERE

Name
    dave
    Last Online
    18-06-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    350z/Espace

confusing factor is it reads in both psi and bar. so boost is set in psi and over boost is set in bar? so what does it read in psi or bar?
    Home Audio / Visual and CB HERE

To contact CLUBVR-4 committee or moderation staff click HERE

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    25-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EC5W

Is so much better to watch now, thanks. So if I understand this right you can chose two different boost settings just by pushing one of two buttons?, any chance to see video during drive?
    His FL Legnum VR4 running 238.8 ATW HP and 500Nm @1.05 bar on LPG
    Hers PFL Legnum VR4 COTY see here for full story
    Looking for AMSoil? click here

living in north west?
    would you like to meet with other VR4 fanatics?
    click here

My recent and ex Mitsubishi's

Name
    craig
    Last Online
    26-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    galant vr4 s

yes adam i can do that. t answear your question it does have 2 settings for boost, boost 1 (low) and boost2 (high) you can set both upto 60psi according the instructions i have 8 on 1 and 13 on 2. you also get a safety cut off for both settings aswell so long as you have set the master safety correctly all 3 are set to 1bar.

the boost settings are in psi but the safety boosts are in bar. why i dont know but thats the way it is.

now the boost gauge is on the ebc supply they seem to be marrying up but i do have a noticable difference on boost 2 now the solenoid is around the right way. and the gauge is hovering around the 13 mark but i will get a vid of it driving to post up aswell.

Name
    craig
    Last Online
    26-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    galant vr4 s

Week1 update

well guys its been nearly a week with the deppo and im not quit convinced with it . a couple of things realy what was thought to be a psi reading was a % reading so 8 and 13 was 8% and 13% so a bit of fiddling about and need now need some tech help. which ill get to in a min. the ebc reads bar and bar only the issue im having is it will not go above 0.4bar no matter what i set it to i have followed this link to the letter fitting the ebc originaly

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthr...ontroller-(EBC)

now im thinking i might have the solenoid on the wrong pipe, my thinking is the plumbing section in the link above says to blank off the air intake pipe which ive done with a screw and bit of vac pipe and then fitted the ebc solenoid to the pipe with the red tip removing the other pipe connecting to the original boost solenoid so that is totaly pipeless and the elec conector is still pluged in to it. so my question is

why do we have to blank off the air intake pipe and not in my case attach it to the out port on the new ebc solenoid? as the original solenoid has this pipe going into it and then the actuator pipe coming off the the other side.

im told that the wastgates open around 0.4 barish which is what im probably getting rather than the solenoid doing the job or have i missed something?

ive atttached some pics showing the intake pipe blanked off with the screw is this correct and the other pics are of the ebc solenoid showing the in and out ports are these the right way around? and the last pic of the solenoid shows the pipe its connected to and where its fitted.

the controller is set to 1.0bar on all the saftey things so its not that, i have no split pipes or damaged pipes ive checked and double checked, evrything is nice and tight and dont believe there is any leaks, the boost gauge is reading 7psi ish and ebc is showing 0.4bar. any thoughts hints tips advice. most appreciated.

oh the running vid hasnt been done yet due to above as i wasnt sure it was working correctly and im still sure it isnt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name
    craig
    Last Online
    26-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    galant vr4 s

anybody got any advice for the above issue?

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Kia Sorento :P
    My Garage
    Visit

Hard to say for sure from those pictures, but it looks like you have the In/Out plumbed in the wrong way around.

Name
    craig
    Last Online
    26-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    galant vr4 s

I tried turning it round Kenneth and set the boost as low as it could go and it didn't vent off I turned it round and it started venting which is the way it is now. Out is going to the pipe with the red paint on and I'n is going to actuators like I said it vents at low pressure but won't go past 0.4bar.

Name
    Greg
    Last Online
    11-09-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    mitsubushi FTO

Watching this one. I want a boost controller. Or my car to make standard boost would be nice lol!!!

Name
    craig
    Last Online
    26-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    galant vr4 s

right been out again after reading just about every thread on boost solenoids, ebc,mbc etc etc ive turned my solenoid again and no change, unpluged the batt for 30mins and then reconected it reset ebc checked all vac pipes retightend every other pipe i could find and still no change. i cant find any split pipes and i disconnected the solenoid and tried with out it connected and it still only bossted to 0.4bar ive checked the dumpvalve and blanking plug and all the pipes going to that and they seem good. there is also an adjusting screw on top of the solenoid but im reluctant to mess with that unless someone says otherwise so anybody got any advice at this point as im starting to get stroppy with it now.

ive also got to appologise for my blondeness recently im putting it down to chronic tooth ache and the mother of all abscess growing in my chops causing the pain, which has given me many sleepless nights over the last few months so im gona have to man it and get the sodding thing out, been for the xray just waiting for it to get back to the dentist then he can remove it and i should be back to normal, so sorry again.

Name
    Graham
    Last Online
    01-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ford Mondeo 2.2

The mother of all pains Craig. Get the b**t**d out.

Name
    dave
    Last Online
    18-06-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    350z/Espace

Quote Originally Posted by WOODY72 View Post
    The mother of all pains Craig. Get the b**t**d out.
    what the tooth or the boost controller

Name
    craig
    Last Online
    26-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    galant vr4 s

both mate on the toof pliers and string aint gona work unless im proper knocked out

Name
    Alan
    Last Online
    24-06-2023
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    VR-4 Leg & R33

Quote Originally Posted by sabreuk View Post
    Out is going to the pipe with the red paint on and I'n is going to actuators like I said it vents at low pressure but won't go past 0.4bar.
    I agree with Kenneth. If the 'in' and 'out' are references to flow through the solenoid then the 'in' should be connected to the red-tipped pipe and the 'out' goes off to the wastegate actuators. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as that!
    Here's a doodle, of how I think the solenoid should be connected, which I hope will be of some use.
    EBC connections me thinks.jpg
    Once you're sure it's plumbed correctly I'd start looking at the electronic connections between the controller and the solenoid. The solenoid is plugged into the controller I hope?

Name
    craig
    Last Online
    26-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    galant vr4 s

the bottom diagram is how its now set up mate, all the pluges are plugged in, ive got the boost sensor connected to the pipe off the back of the plenum as you look at it its the left hand pipe, the ebc screen is measuring 0.4bar and the boost gauge is reading about 7-8psi. i have noticed like a little button on the solenoid it clicks in and out but makes no difference either way. could realy do with some one from the hull area to have a look at it a fresh set of eyes realy. looking at your diagram thats 100% the way it is fitted on mine.

Name
    Alan
    Last Online
    24-06-2023
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    VR-4 Leg & R33

The only other thing I can suggest is posting the instructions you got with it on here if that's possible. Might shed some light or possibly something's faulty.

Name
    Ryan
    Last Online
    26-04-2018
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legacy 3.0R

Quote Originally Posted by sabreuk View Post
    ive also got to appologise for my blondeness recently im putting it down to chronic tooth ache and the mother of all abscess growing in my chops causing the pain, which has given me many sleepless nights over the last few months so im gona have to man it and get the sodding thing out, been for the xray just waiting for it to get back to the dentist then he can remove it and i should be back to normal, so sorry again.
    Had one of those once... on the morning of our AWQ I woke up and right side of my face was swollen and I felt like a shower of sh!t - thought I'd the mother of all pimples. Shuffled down to the range by which time I was shivering like sh!tting dog.

Only shot barely a pass and went to the sick bay and doctor had a look at me, confirmed abscess in tooth... Drilled into it and as soon as that pressure was released it felt so good, offset slightly by putrid stench of pus that was oozing out. Sorted tooth out but the end result was that I was quite sick from the sepsis and spent two days in hospital.

The OC and the formation SGT MAJ rocked up for a visit too, just remember feeling like a complete mong bracing in a lying position hehe... In summary though it was probably the roughest I've ever felt in my life without drinking.

Name
    craig
    Last Online
    26-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    galant vr4 s

heres the complete instruction manual word for word.

Before starting installation, please read the installation manual thoroughly. Any damage causing by improper installation will not be in the scope of the warranty.

Please make sure the package has the following parts: a display box, a control box, an electronic solenoid valve, a solenoid valve harness, a bosst sensor harness, t connector, 2pcs copper adapter, a 80mm long silicon tube, 2pcs 3m double sided tape, 3pcs cable ties and an installation manual.

WARNING: the harness can only be used on electronic boost controllers. |Do not use them on other products.
    WARNING: Do not install electronic solenoid valves too far away from the turbine which will cause slow boost reactions.
    When installing an electronic solenoid valve, keep away from high heat or water under the hood.
    WARNING: After installation, please complete the basic operation setting before driving your car on roads. Fail to do so may cause damage .

PAGE2:

BOOST LIMITATION SETTING:

Boost limitation setting is to prevent excess boost pressure which may damage engines or turbochargers. When the boost is over the boost limitation setting the boost value will then return to default automatically.

The boost limitation setting knob is in the back of the control box. Please use a screw driver to turn the knob counter clock wise to decrease boost limitaion while clockwise to increase. When the boost limitaion is set, press BOOST 2 button to confirm setting.

BOSST SETTING:

There are 2 settings to be programmed, boost1 and boost2. Each of them boost gain setting and warning setting. press BOOST1 button to startwith boost1 setting while press BOOST2 to program boost 2 setting.

BOSST GAIN SETTING:
    1. Hold GAIN button for 2seconds to enter the boost gain setting mode.
    2. When display is flashing, press boost1 to decrease the value while press boost 2 to increase.

WARNING: When the decreased boost gain value is down to bottom, the display will show "OFF" and the value will be set as default, which means there is no gain.

3. After 5 seconds of no operationactivity, the unit will return to normal mode.

WARNING SETTING MODE

1. Hold WARN button for 2 seconds to enter the warning setting mode.
    2. When the display is falshing, press BOOST1 button to decrease the warning value while press BOOST2 button to increase.
    3. After 5 seconds of no operation activity, the unit will return to normal mode.

TECHNICAL SUPPORT:

1.How to set boost gain values?
    the boost gain value is displayed in perecentage, not the exact pressure value. The size of the turbine, length of housing, turbo conditions, and etc will all influance the gain valu. It is necessary to try several times to get the preferred values.

2.Display is not working:
    Please check if orange wire and black wire are connected properly. Please also make sure the ground is good.

3. The display box is always flashing:
    1) Please check if the warning value is set lower than the currant boost value.
    2) Please check if the boost sensor is connected tightly and correctly. if the display is still flashing, please change a boost sensor to see if the problem is solved.

4. Boost value drops sharply:
    1) The boost limitaion value may be set to low. Please refer to "Boost Limitaion Setting" to reset it.
    2) Please check the connections of electronic solenoid valve and boost sensor harness if the are disconnected.

5. Unable to increase boost1 or boost2 value:
    please make sure the set boost values are not over the turbochargers range.

thats it a double sided a4 sheet ill post the pics of it and post the pics of the diagrams on it aswell if you bear with me.oh the gain and warn button mentioned are boost1 and boost 2 button.

Name
    craig
    Last Online
    26-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    galant vr4 s

heres the pics

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast