Trent
    Last Online
    08-11-2021
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Legnum (Manual)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann View Post
    How many people would really use Valet mode? It implies you are giving your car to someone you don't trust...

tyre store, insurance assessor, actual valet.. etc.

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Kia Sorento :P
    My Garage
    Visit

I wouldn't really use valet mode myself, though I would definitely have one of the maps as a de-tuned map in case the car was being used by someone not myself. Lol, such as my wife. Not that I don't trust her, she would just rather not be driving the car when it is set up too aggressively.

The maps that take up the room are the fuel and Ignition maps. I could save some room by not using warmup ignition retard, or having just one. That would at least give the option of a warmup map then at full temp switch to another map or some such. The thing I see there is that if you run duel fuels, warmup retard might be quite useful on 2 maps.

Valet mode could be implemented on top, though I am not keen to do so seeing as this system will support that sort of thing without having to run another code path.

Name
    Bill
    Last Online
    20-07-2022
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    2000 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by foxdie View Post
    Am I right in presuming that, even if we could access a serial SRAM IC such as this (should store all the tables and more!) with a spare GPIO, there wouldn't be enough bandwidth to read it as quickly as the ECU would require it?
    i might be able to whip something up, not using that specifically... i just need to work out what pins are unused internally, then tack on something.

I've got a couple of ideas in my head.

Name
    Bill
    Last Online
    20-07-2022
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    2000 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Valet mode could be implemented on top, though I am not keen to do so seeing as this system will support that sort of thing without having to run another code path.
    Ken,

Why would jumping to another code path be a problem?

All the important things in the ECU are triggered by Interrupt, it should have enough spare cycles to jump to another routine in page2.

Name
    Bill
    Last Online
    20-07-2022
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    2000 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by foxdie View Post
    Am I right in presuming that, even if we could access a serial SRAM IC such as this (should store all the tables and more!) with a spare GPIO, there wouldn't be enough bandwidth to read it as quickly as the ECU would require it?
    I rekcon i could try whip something up, but not using that specifically. I need to find what pins aren't used on the processor internally to see if it's feasible. the only problem i forsee with offleading this to something external is access speeds. ROM will be faster than having to output then wait for input. might be the difference between it working or not as the ECU will have to wait for a reply (except for interupts), as opposed to adding extra features which seem to be a 'best effort' approach (ie, ecu will eventually run these routines but can do other things in it's idle time)

i also need a spare ecu lol

Name
    Bill
    Last Online
    20-07-2022
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    2000 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by lathiat View Post
    Or just have a 3000RPM rev limiter as valet mode.
    I reckon thats do-able, could have something whipped up if it's just rev limiter based.

Name
    Carsten
    Last Online
    22-10-2023
    Membership ID
    NZ019
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Nissan Navara
    My Garage
    Visit

tyre store, insurance assessor, actual valet.. etc.
    i wait for my tryes to be fitted. and this is done maybe once every 2-3 years?
    if he's looking at it the cars ****ed,
    does anyone do this in nz,

for me valet would be pointless, no one drives it but me,
    and if some else is, im in the passenger seat.

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    My Garage
    Visit

I don't see there is any problem with it, just that there is no need.
    Not only that, having it mappable and able to set conservative timing, boost and what not means that there is enough configuration available to set the level of performance without making it obvious that you have crippled the car.

Quote Originally Posted by BCX View Post
    Ken,

Why would jumping to another code path be a problem?

All the important things in the ECU are triggered by Interrupt, it should have enough spare cycles to jump to another routine in page2.

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    My Garage
    Visit

The current ECU mods can do that already.

Set the NLTS table to be 3000RPM across the board. Put the TPS comparison value to 1% and configure the bit masking to activate when one of the inputs is switched and install said switch. Done.

You then lose NLTS (most don't use it anyway) of course. You could do the same with the LC too if you preferred but you would have to set the cut off speed very high and then you would lose both LC and NLTS.

Quote Originally Posted by BCX View Post
    Or just have a 3000RPM rev limiter as valet mode.
    I reckon thats do-able, could have something whipped up if it's just rev limiter based.

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    15-03-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    8G VR4 + Colt

I would personally just use valet mode for my girlfriend - she is used to driving a gutless Pulsar, so jumping in the Legnum and having her put her foot down = pretty damn scary proposition!

Kenneth - I thought the warmup cat map had been removed in your mods anyway? How many of us still have cat converters

Name
    Lauri
    Last Online
    31-10-2018
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Galant Vr4

offtopic: whats the use for cat warmup, it'll warm up by itself for testing purposes even if you try long enough, if driving only short distances it'll only spend more fuel...
    -00 Galant Vr4 Type-V
    + Equipped with Type-S arches, genuine wind deflectors. only thing missing is the sunroof
    + Red interior with recaro front seats
    + Momo steering wheel
    + 600x300 FMIC, Custom hardpipes
    + Custom Downpipe+ Fujitsubo Legalis Super R slighlty modified/Custom catback + custom decat + Custom air intake with big K&N cone filter
    + BC Racing Coilovers
    + Advan RCII 17"x7,5 rims
    + Flexifuel /Gasoline + Ethanol E85, 850 cc injectors
    + Manual conversion with evo clutch (a standard clutch)
    + 2 x TD04-13T
    + Adam's 262 -cams
    + Xenon -projectors
    + Carbon fibre hood
    + About 450bhp/ 570Nm at the moment....with stock internals and clutch...

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    15-03-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    8G VR4 + Colt

It makes the ECU dump more fuel into the engine in order to get the cat warmed up quicker for emissions. At least that's what I remember.

Name
    Ryan
    Last Online
    23-04-2020
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Car
    Legnum

So I flashed this ROM to my car and disabled LC for the autobox.....the other day I was in a mall car park waiting on my girlfriend to come back from the ATM. The motor was idling and i was revving up release the gas then stepping on and off the brakes I did that a few times without thinking then low and behold LC switched and it worked in park and neutral. It sounded really good then I switched of and restarted and tried again but it was gone. Have been trying to get it back but no luck yet

Is it a hidden feature?
    Faster Than A speeding Ticket

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    My Garage
    Visit

No, there are no hidden features. If the LC came on after being turned off (I assume NLTS was off too?) then it was definitely a problem. If you can re-create it that would be good to know how you managed it.

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    My Garage
    Visit

Switched maps are not far away now. It has taken me a little longer than expected as it was difficult to fit all the maps within the 0x0 - 0x4000 ROM area.

There are 8 maps for each
    • Fuel
    • Ignition
    • Load target
    • Wastegate duty
    • Load Limit

8 values for
    • Which of the above maps to use for high/low octane (except load limit which does not have high/low octane)
    • Mods setup (allow CEL on KnockSum on/off as well as some others.)
    • Injector Size
    • RPM Limit
    • Speed Limit On
    • Speed Limit Off
    • Max Ignition retard
    • CEL on KnockSum
    • Stationary RPM Limit (Undecided about this one... might not make it as not strictly necessary)

What this means is that you can have 8 map setups and run a combination of maps. I'll set it up initially to be 4 low octane and 4 high octane of each, you could have 7 High octane and 1 Low octane though.

Specific NLTS and LC will be removed. If you want these, you can configure the maps to switch at the correct point to give RPM limit, timing and fuel delivery.

Warmup ignition retard map will be removed. If you need this feature, setup a map to run on warm up which has the retard values built into the main ignition map.

Map decision will be done based on 2 things
    A list of up to 7 variable and value pairs. So you choose a variable, such as 0xF07A (TPS and assign a value to match against. Once variable value is greater or equal to the matched value, then it will test the next pair, if not it will go to the next map and start testing.
    If the next variable is 0xFFFF then it will stop comparing and move to Input bit masking (as it does now for NLTS). If all this works out, that map will be chosen.
    If no map match is made, the last one will be used by default.

I think that is about it. Only other thing I was thinking about at this stage was adding an option in the mod setup to enable/disable closed loop.

Name
    Richard
    Last Online
    08-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Mini Cooper S

Nice one Kenneth you've obviously been busy - I new there was a lot of white space in the rom but I didn't expect an additional 6 map sets could be squeezed in there.

Name
    Lauri
    Last Online
    31-10-2018
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Galant Vr4

Disabling /enabling closed loop would be nice. When driving with one fuel you dont need so many maps but when for instance if one wants to use RE85 fuel those would come in handy when swithcing. Really nice work!

Could there be a possibility to control WGDC with TPS so that bigger TPS gives bigger WGDC

One question about the original 1.03 version. There is "all mods off" and the options are . Off /enable. Does this mean that if I have chosen enable all mods are On?

Name
    Trent
    Last Online
    08-11-2021
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Legnum (Manual)

Sounds good.. interesting idea to switch to pure maps only I guess that will work even for the other mods.

WRT stationary rev limit.. I guess the only use that might have is if someone wants launch control without the antilag and also to save on maps used (i.e. not 'waste' 1-2 maps for lc without antilag).. so seems a rather unlikely use case.

Only thought is a <= match will be useful you might need a 3 column match.. for example <= speed.. then again i suppose you could condition the othermaps to >= a certain speed... hrm.. maybe i'll leave all the smart thinking to you, you've clearly already thought this out. :-)

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by lateshow View Post
    One question about the original 1.03 version. There is "all mods off" and the options are . Off /enable. Does this mean that if I have chosen enable all mods are On?
    Think of it as a master switch, when it is set to Enabled then all the mods can be enabled (providing they are also selected).

ksmods-bitfield.jpg

The above shows all mods enabled.
    Have questions about performance upgrades and ECU tuning? Before PM'ing me, Check this thread first
    Please support CVR4 & become a Full member, you get a full years access to guides, games, chat & much more!

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    My Garage
    Visit

Only actually 4 extra maps, since there were originally 2 for each high and low octane fuel and ignition (which are the ones that matter in terms of size).
    Cutting out the warmup retard also freed 2x ignition map space.
    So 4 fuel + 2 ignition was all the extra maps of significant size. It still took a bit of working as to what to put in which space though!

Quote Originally Posted by kinkyafro View Post
    Nice one Kenneth you've obviously been busy - I new there was a lot of white space in the rom but I didn't expect an additional 6 map sets could be squeezed in there.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast