Thread: Facebook for cars (primarily for UK - but all cars welcome)

Name
    John
    Last Online
    21-08-2011
    Country
    Other

Facebook for cars (primarily for UK - but all cars welcome)

I've made a website that works like facebook, but for cars.

www.maxrevs.co.uk

So basically you can stay alert to updates of other cars and let other members stay alert on updates on your cars.

It covers all your needs for a Garage and much more, and it's a perfect supplement to your user profile on this forum.

If this sounds interesting, and the moderators/admins allow I will post a link.
    My website does not contain a forum nor in any way competes with this site.

Some unique features to my website:
    1) Tired of sharing your project text and images on multiple forums ? Add on my website, and it generates the forum posts for you on multiple forums
    2) Been to carshows and want to upload you 200+ images ? Do it here with one click (bulk upload)
    3) Once your carshow is uploaded, share it on forums with autogenerated forum posts.
    4) Tired of upload websites that expire your image or wont allow hot linking ? My website will has unlimited bandwidth to share your images on this forum
    5) Use your car to customize your own banner for your forum signature.
    6) Has a gaming section where you can enter tournaments and play with your car
    7) Sell your car stuff here for extra exposure
    8) Provide more backlinks to this forum for more traffic to this site. My site is a natural supplement to forums. Many forum owners have chosen my site as their "Garage".
    9) Subscribe to cars or members to receive notifications on updates on car or member activities.
    10)10% off on car care & detailing, 10% off on brembo brakes, 10% off on oil, plugs & filters, 25% off on wolfrace wheels & accessories. These are deals i've made with various UK online shops for the members

Thanks.
    Last edited by maxrevs; 18-08-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Well thanks for asking if you could post this !!!

Kanji Automotive Solutions - Looking after your Pride and Joy

Servicing - Upgrades - Tuning - Pre Used Parts - Undersealing - Advice - Consultancy
    PM or Call me for any work requests or to discuss your requirements
    Ebay Shop -> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sun-wizzard...=p4634.c0.m322

To contact the CVR4 Staff please see HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

To be fair, I can't see that he has posted a link or even said what his site is called. It seems okay to me, although a bit more of a "hello and hope this is okay" at the start would have been better.

Name
    John
    Last Online
    21-08-2011
    Country
    Other

yeh, not a spammer but a fellow car enthusiast. So can i proceed with the link ?

Name
    Shane
    Last Online
    11-02-2022
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    99 Galant VR4

I wouldent mind having a look =)

"The
    KOKENATOR Sent back in time to destroy all inferior tools!"

Name
    John
    Last Online
    21-08-2011
    Country
    Other

Quote Originally Posted by Fully View Post
    I wouldent mind having a look =)
    www.maxrevs.co.uk

Please provide some feedback - positive or negative, as long as it is constructive

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

If I upload a photo of my car that I have taken who owns the image once it is on your server ?

Name
    John
    Last Online
    21-08-2011
    Country
    Other

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter_John View Post
    If I upload a photo of my car that I have taken who owns the image once it is on your server ?
    The uploader owns the image, unless the image was not his/her to begin with.

http://www.maxrevs.co.uk/disclaimer.php

Do you have something specific in mind ?

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    26-02-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4-S

I don't get it?
    What is the point?
    If I want facebook, I go to Facebook...
    If I want cars I come here? Other's are just boxes with wheels?

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

The contents of the MaxRevs.co.uk Internet services are intended for personal and non-commercial usage. All materials published on MaxRevs.co.uk (including, but not limited to, feature articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, also known as the "Content") are protected by copyright and owned by MaxRevs.co.uk,

or the party credited as the provider of the content, software or other materials.

The above section does not make sense as looking at the content provided by a user on your site at no point do you credit that the image uploaded by the user retains his ownership rights - so there is nothing stopping you from selling any image as per an image bank as you claim the copyright via your disclaimer

Your Disclaimer should clearly state that any image uploaded by the owner retains copyright

Also where is your declaration of abiding by the Data Protection Act , and who is the official data registar

These points are to help you not pick on you

But as Andy has said what is your USP as everything you offer is available on facebook ?

Name
    John
    Last Online
    21-08-2011
    Country
    Other

Quote Originally Posted by andyleaves View Post
    I don't get it?
    What is the point?
    If I want facebook, I go to Facebook...
    If I want cars I come here? Other's are just boxes with wheels?
    Forums and facebook is centered around users/members and their contributions. MaxRevs.co.uk is centered around the user's vehicle and contributions for that particular vehicle or other vehicles: eg projects, car shows, etc.

Some forums do this with (some) success by using garage mods, bulk upload feature, etc, however it is not the prime purpose of a forum, therefore the additional mods are somewhat successful. For example many forum owners (of especially large forums) have added upload service, so members can upload their own content and removed it again simply because of bandwidth.

MaxRevs piggy backs on car forums, car blogs, etc as it provide additional value to them, so as such members can supplement MaxRevs features to their forum member profile. A typical example is that a new member, after adding his car, will generate a banner and use it in his forum signature to showcase his car.

If a user visits a member's car all information about that car is there.
    Example:
    http://www.maxrevs.co.uk/cars/citroe...r.php?carId=14

(ignore the chavness)

This page is pretty much a blog for that car, everyone can see the car spec, the car projects (what was done to it), the car images, etc.
    Last edited by maxrevs; 17-08-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Name
    John
    Last Online
    21-08-2011
    Country
    Other

The contents of the MaxRevs.co.uk Internet services are intended for personal and non-commercial usage. All materials published on MaxRevs.co.uk (including, but not limited to, feature articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, also known as the "Content") are protected by copyright and owned by MaxRevs.co.uk,

or the party credited as the provider of the content, software or other materials.

The above section does not make sense as looking at the content provided by a user on your site at no point do you credit that the image uploaded by the user retains his ownership rights - so there is nothing stopping you from selling any image as per an image bank as you claim the copyright via your disclaimer

Your Disclaimer should clearly state that any image uploaded by the owner retains copyright
    I'm not sure how I can state this more clear, a lot of the content on MaxRevs is user generated, and as stated the owner is the provider of the content.

This is very typical in disclaimer, to avoid isues with user uploaded content that is against UK law. So basically if I upload an image, Maxrevs is the owner and responsible for that content.
    If a user upload an image, he/she is the owner, but it is subject to MaxRevs review.

Also where is your declaration of abiding by the Data Protection Act , and who is the official data registar
    Good point, i'll have to look into this.

These points are to help you not pick on you
    I appreciate constructive feedback.

But as Andy has said what is your USP as everything you offer is available on facebook ?
    USP ? Also please see above post

Name
    John
    Last Online
    21-08-2011
    Country
    Other

any comments on what you guys liked on maxrevs.co.uk, what it's lacking, comments on the look & feel, etc ?