Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann View Post
    Jason - been meaning to ask you about ecuflash and the openport 2.0. I plugged it in to Richys ECU the other weekend as he wanted to check some stuff through evoscan. That worked fine. I tried to see if I could read his ecu from ecuflash but just kept getting errors. Do I need to so something specific to software somewhere to make it work? I assume as evoscan worked fine the cable is okay?
    Do you know what ECU he had? What errors were you seeing?
    Have questions about performance upgrades and ECU tuning? Before PM'ing me, Check this thread first
    Please support CVR4 & become a Full member, you get a full years access to guides, games, chat & much more!

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

It's a first facelift, so chances are it is a 7202. I can't remember the error, but it seemed fundamental. I had to select what kind of ecu it was and the list didn't give a perfect match. Do I need definition files on my laptop first?

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

have a look at this thread and it should explain everything i went through to get it to work.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthr...=ecuflash+1.43

read through it fist before you do anything as i had a cable issue which caused most of my issues which was fixed at the end of the thread, but i think i explained what was required with screen shots to make it obvious for others to follow.

Bye for Now!

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann View Post
    It's a first facelift, so chances are it is a 7202. I can't remember the error, but it seemed fundamental. I had to select what kind of ecu it was and the list didn't give a perfect match. Do I need definition files on my laptop first?
    Right, there's a small chance it's a H8/539 like mine, which means you'll need MMCFlash. Best get Rich to pop the ECU out and confirm the numbers on the chip.

For reading a 7202, you wanna read it as the following;

And for a 7203 (later facelift) it's the next one down. Also, you'll need the reflashing connector plugged in to read it.

Name
    dennis
    Last Online
    13-10-2022
    Country
    England
    Car
    V6 mr2, vr4

Quote Originally Posted by foxdie View Post
    For all you would-be VR-4 tuners out there;

TACTRIX Openport 2.0 for £95 Incl. Delivery.
    • Those with a 7201 ECU can use this to log and read / clear fault codes on most of the ECUs on the car (not just the engine).
    • Those with a 7202 or 7203 can do all the above plus reflash the ECU using ECUFlash

I've asked the guy if it comes with all reflash connectors and he confirmed yes, including the Mitsi one. I believe it's safe to ignore the part about Mitsubishi being unsupported as it's just a case of uploading the right firmware to the tactrix unit (something Ecuflash and EvoScan automatically take care of).

Forgive me my stupid question here guys and tell me to get lost if u want, but could someone explain to me (a simpleton when it comes to cars) what u can do to the car with this, it really interests me to me to know whats going on with the car but all sounds alien to me
    again sorry in advance

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

This cable allows you to reflash your VR4's ecu, or simply listen in to what the ecu is doing. With the right software you can monitor a fair few inputs and outputs on the VR4, just a few:
    Air flow, air temp, knock, timing advance, throttle position, battery level, water temp, lambda sensor, atmospheric pressure, individual wheel speed sensors, etc.
    You can operate various things on the car, like AYC pump, boost solenoids etc.
    You can also potentially reflash your ecu, which can change the fuelling, boost, timing etc or even start doing things like launch control, switchable maps, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12