Ersan
    Last Online
    21-01-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    EC5A

Quote Originally Posted by swinks View Post
    Ersan, previous UTCOMs hadn't got fuel level input signal. Fuel tank level was calculated based on injector signal and fuel tank capacity defined by user. So, just like in old version, you have fuel consumption taken from fuel injector and vss signal, then those data plus fuel tank capacity gave you fuel level.
    Thas solution required tho to remember each time filling up tank to put numbers into UTCOM.

Version 3.0 Pro give some chance that if fuel tank floater gives analogue output (range 0-24v depends on type of vehicle), then after initial setup (see above) and set up fuel consumption, then UTCOM can co-relate initial tank floater voltage with amount of fuel input by user. Then even if you forget to set how much fuel you filled in at petrol station, floater signal will give you rough estimate.
    That's how I understand this additional feature, maybe wrong.

Another question is to find out floater signal, voltage and... is it progressive, or different equation? Or is it just a switch 0>1 (full>empty) Legnums. It may simply don't work.

Remember, UTCOM is designed for all broad range of vehicles, some features won't apply to Legnum.

wow wow Tomasz thats beyond my imagination. I think I am gonna skip it for a while and get back when the rest sensor i need installed properly, otherwise i will stuck will fuel tank level

Name
    Ersan
    Last Online
    21-01-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    EC5A

Quote Originally Posted by Davezj View Post
    you could put the VSS signal through a buffer with the correct high/low level voltage on the output.

you would be effectively tapping in to the existing signal and just changing the switching levels so the gadget can read it.
    this would have no effect on the existing car electrics and it would not matter what speedo converter you had fitted as it would change all the switch point to the same readable level on the buffers output.
    that is assuming it is a signal level issue.
    Hy Dave, Any particular reason why we must tap the speed sensor wire on the gearbox, rather than speed pulse wire on ECU? Differ with Galant N/A with analog odometer, maybe thats just because the VR4 has digital odometer?

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

I can't remember it has been years since I fitted mine.
    Maybe you have to use the raw speed signal before it goes through a KPH to MPH converter. But as I said I am not sure.

Bye for Now!

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    21-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    ex-Galant VR4

One of the reason was to get vss signal prior to kph/mph converter, also I've noticed that in some cases vss wire going to ecu was cut to remove speed limit
    Ex: Galant VR4
    Running 268 HP ATW and 443 Nm torque at 0.9 bar
    Now: Lancer Evolution 8 FQ-300
    Running 325 HP ATW and 510 Nm torque at 1.6 bar

Name
    Ersan
    Last Online
    21-01-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    EC5A

Quote Originally Posted by swinks View Post
    One of the reason was to get vss signal prior to kph/mph converter, also I've noticed that in some cases vss wire going to ecu was cut to remove speed limit
    I see, so that was speed converter which become a problem? at the first time I thought it was not speed converter that become a problem because when I tap the speed pulse wire on ecu for HKS EVC 5, it wont shown up on HKS EVC display too, maybe because i tap the wire not deep enough. Well I should try it for sure

Name
    Ersan
    Last Online
    21-01-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    EC5A

Hi Anybody has any suggestion equation needed for stock engine coolant temperature sensor? I tap the D13 ECU wire (ECT) with Adc UTCOMP wire and connnection is okay but shows wrong value. so what is the correct equation?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314