This may be of interest to anyone who has the soft pedal after fitting uprated calipers. Have fitted the 1 1/4 inch bore Master Cylinder to the Galant which has always had a soft pedal since fitting the uprated brakes. They worked well but just didn't like the feel. This has been discussed before but thought I'd post my experience with it. Have to say it feels completely different, much firmer and less travel, to me more how it "should" feel.
The EVO cylinders do seem to vary from one model to another, so care when choosing. I think - but not certain - that mine came off a 7 - 9 so had to make new sections of brake pipe as the unions are reversed. Also had to swap the reservoir with my old one as the EVO cyl had the combined brake / clutch reservoir. Other than that bolts straight on but watch out for the pushrod adjustment in the servo. Dont want brakes locked on do we?
Now a little more info which may need verifying - The 4 - 6 cylinder appears to not need the brake pipe union mods and has the same reservoir as the G. Where it is not so good however, it has a different pushrod into the cylinder which would not fit my servo - but ofcourse with this one maybe you could swap the servo aswell.
Seems all a little trial and error as far as parts go, but worth it. Also of note, mine is the V6 servo as opposed to VR4 - not sure if there the same or not.