29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Pm me your number I'll call you tomorrow?
    SUPPORT CLUBVR-4 TODAY!
    Please do not PM Moderators and Committee Directly, for quicker response times please follow this guide
    HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

My Articles: Fog Light in Rear Cluster - Changing AYC Switch - Changing Drive Shaft - Changing Front suspension
    My Projects: Installing Uprated Clutch - making Gauge Pods (Tri-pod)
    Club Related: HOW TO Guides - HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators
    RIP: Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve - Mauve History | First VR4 - Second VR4 - Third VR4

Profile for BraindG
    Get your own fuel sig in the Garage (Members Only) - Visit my Garage ........What Is Geocaching?

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    Other
    My Garage
    Visit

Barry just sent payment direct to the club's paypal address for 3 entry tickets plus 1 stand place please?

Also sent you a pm regarding the same.

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

All,

I have some bad news, regarding the following.

All,

Unfortunately we have been unable to secure 20 track sessions (10 per session), we are down to 10 Track Sessions (5 per session) - if you are thinking of going out on track I would advise booking early to avoid disappointment - There are 4 openings per session left.
    This morning i received a call from Japfest, who informed me that ALL sessions are now gone, including our 10! - I raised frustration at how this could be possible however this was in vain - I'm really sorry but this was out of my hands

As damage limitation we have managed to get a hold of 4 Sessions, 2 at 09:54 (SESSION D (INTERMEDIATE)) and 2 at 13:30 (SESSION N (ADVANCED)) - For the astute you may realise that there have been 6 sessions paid for - I will come back to this shortly.

I have spent the morning on the phone to a few other club owners, primarily Darin from MLR who has been a great help - unfortunately MLR have a policy of "fend-for-yourself" when it comes to booking track time, MLR members have to book and pay for track sessions individually, rather than the club booking on mass and reimbursing the cash after. Darin provided me a couple contacts who have booked Dedicated Track time, I am hoping that they will respond offering some of their Track time to us, I will keep you posted on this.

Further to this I spoke to Japfest again and asked for the club names who booked dedicated track time, again I have contacted them (not all) with a similar trail of thought, they are.

Z-Club
    RX8 Owners Club.
    Mazda Rotory Club
    SXOC
    Honday on Track.
    Dorset Owners club
    GT4 Owners Club

I will update if I can secure anything.

I do ask at this stage that anyone who is considering track time please tell me now! - This way I have an idea of how much space to request should the opportunity arise.

I know this must be disappointing, I am quite disheartened by Japfests response, especially considering I spoke to the guy last week and confirmed our 10 slots.

Please bear with me, hopefully some damage limitation will come into effect.

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

GT4OC, didn't manage to get any either.
    ZClub have asked to get back to them in march, when they will have an idea of what numbers they have, they booked a dedicated session, or two.

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

That is unreal !

Can't believe the way they have treated CVR4 over the past couple of years, especially as we have supported them since the first event.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Just learned of this, I'm utterly disgusted.

I was really looking forward to taking my car back on track again at Japfest 2012, this has ruined it for me, boycotting it this year.
    Have questions about performance upgrades and ECU tuning? Before PM'ing me, Check this thread first
    Please support CVR4 & become a Full member, you get a full years access to guides, games, chat & much more!

Name
    Simon
    Last Online
    12-04-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    White R32 GTR

Thats not on......

This may not help the club but Castle Combe have their own Action day two weekends before Japfest.

Its CHEAPER, more RELAXED, similar minded petrol heads, great selection of cars, etc.

For clubs, you normally get a number of free entry tickets, large club stands, discounted track time....the list goes on. Have a loook at:-

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/...sp?EventID=368

Japfest is/was great but last years and this years track times seem to have prioritised the drift/display sessions and has lost its way....it was once dedicated to the track day driver.

If any members havent been on track, then theres no better place or time to do it then at a Castle Combe Action Day. From speaking to others, i think that a few other jap clubs will also be attending.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Thanks Simon..

Btw, you wouldn't happen to have used tape on the back of a hatchback writing something like 96 BHP, gone on CC and then obliterated everyone would you? Nick Mann spoke of someone like you, wondering if it actually is

Edit: Sadly just saw the date for that event, falls on someones birthday, drat

Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    07-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

castle coooooombe is right.... right....right.... right.... right.... & right again. OH, we're back at the start line

Donnington is an F1 circuit with ' proper ' bends & undulations

Name
    Simon
    Last Online
    12-04-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    White R32 GTR

Please dont believe everything Nick tells you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SGHOM View Post
    castle coooooombe is right.... right....right.... right.... right.... & right again. OH, we're back at the start line

Donnington is an F1 circuit with ' proper ' bends & undulations
    There are at least 3 left corners at Combe! Donnington is a much better track, Combe is a good track to cut your teeth on. It was only a suggestion... there are other Action days after Japfest... I only mentioned it because of the let down from Future Publishing.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

PMSL!! Don't believe anything I say, especially when it is true! I was out as a passenger in a VR4 on one of those sessions and I will never forget an evo coming past with a certain Almera on it's tail. The better thing was the next corner (it might have been a right-hander, D!) where the afore mentioned Almera was considering getting the undercut on the Evo whilst having it's inside rear wheel off the ground! Brilliant entertainment!

The info about the action day is interesting - I might be up for that instead if others are?

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    14-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Scooby thing..
    My Garage
    Visit

If I understand correctly, if we are still attending as a club, we have four sessions only and as I bought two originally, I will have one session, if possible, and hopefully the intersted drivers can all get on track...

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

Just looked at this for the first time in ages, and was shocked at how poor the current attendance list is ! Normally the stand is all but full by now. Another sign of the times I guess.

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Received the following email this morning - I'll get on the case however, the lack of interest in this event does make me wonder, what would peoples thoughts be if I persued this?

Good Afternoon Barry,

Further to our conversation last week regarding Club VR4’s attendance at Japfest, I have been looking into this with my colleagues and I have some information regarding this.

As part of the 10th Anniversary celebrations, you will not only be in a prime display space within the main paddock, but also be a part of a 10th anniversary cavalcade – an opportunity to join the 3 other clubs in celebratory laps of the circuit. This would give your club members the chance to get out onto the track in this exclusive part of the day, at 4:30pm.

Not only this, I have been in conversation with my colleague who organises the dedicated club track time, and there is a high possibility that one club will be cancelling their allotted time. I have agreed that you will get first refusal on this if it becomes available.

I hope you are happy with the above. I understand the disappointment caused by the track time being unavailable, but I hope the above will remedy this as we are keen to have you involved with the 10th anniversary celebrations at Japfest this year.

Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in,
    Last edited by BraindG; 05-03-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

I can't help but feel this is rubbing salt in the wound, first they treat us like dirt despite supporting them for many years, and then they have the nerve to offer us "scraps".

I certainly won't be attending this. I'll be doing JF2 though.

Name
    Matt
    Last Online
    11-06-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo 4 GSR

Barry,

What happens to the 38 un purchased tickets ? Has the club bought them already?
    '97 EVO 4 GSR

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Yep, we bought all the tickets.

Name
    Andrew
    Last Online
    27-02-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant V6 TT

As a regular attendee with the club for most if not all of these, I can't make it this year. Nothing to do with the current goings on, just not able this year due to other commitments.

/ Damn, went straight to post 34 and responded. Just noticed I should be in the other JF thread.

Name
    Colin
    Last Online
    31-05-2022
    Country
    England
    Car
    Galant vr4

"an opportunity to join the 3 other clubs in celebratory laps of the circuit" Aren't there more than 3 clubs there? Is this just a gentle parade around or like track time where you can go as quick as you like? I assume there is still an additional cost for this?
    Still I'd be interested either way.
    Sorry for all the questions.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

I'm interested in coming, but the lack if track time is putting me off. I'm assuming a parade is not a track session?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast