Transmission: Manual
    Mileage Total: 95000 approx

M.O.T. Expiry Date: 30 June 2012
    TAX Expiry Date: 30 April 2012

Contact Method: PM or call/text 07707260606

Price: £2000-2500

Car Description

Car History
    Very reluctant EOI for my pride and joy. I purchased this car in Sep 2011 with the aim to get it back on the road and looking like a show car. It was previously owned by a Club Member but had been neglected for a while due to a dodgy auto box. I simply dont have the time and/or money and even the expertise to get the car fully ready and the car gets used so little these days, I'd rather it go to someone who can do the car justice. And with an impending house purchase, every spare penny I have is being squierrelled toward that, meaning the car will just get left to the wayside. Get a super rare combination of specifications with the car in Palma Red, with Thurston Grey exterior trims, and contrasting beige leather interior with moon roof! The rear seats are the UK specification ones with the 3x3 belts and 3 headrests, so perfect for those looking to fit car seats etc.

Price is a little vague, but dependant on whether the Audi Recaros and vented bonnet is required. Possibly even higher that the current market price for a PFL VR4, but I believe the specifications on this particular car makes it a bargain.

In my ownership, its had a manual conversion carried out, FULL Amsoil service about 2000 miles ago, AYC pump/switch replaced, interior replaced with my old beige leather, remapped 7202 ECU (by Eurospec), Momo steering wheel, Evo 7 Enkies with Toyo Proxes fitted.

Other features includes: goodies such as lowered GAB coilovers all round, full 3" exhaust with custom downpipes and Fujitsubo Super Legalis R back section. Carbon effect dash, Sony stereo with USB and Ipod/Iphone compatibility with amp and sub mounted in the spare wheel well, moon roof, supered headlights. Interior fully de-beiged with black carpets, black doorcards with beige leather inserts. My Audi Recaros are currently not fitted but will come with the car if buyer wants them. Currently fitted standard pub interior front seats only. Fitted 'Legnum' aluminium door sills all round and even the tailgate scuff plate to match. With a carbon effect tailgate trim which surrounds the rear numberplate.

Engine is super smooth and quiet and pulls really really well. I expect its running about 270-280 bhp with just the remapped ECU which I am sure can be further tweaked with recent developments in the tuning scene! No dyno print to prove, but with previous experience of my old VR4, I expect it to be around 270-280bhp.

Modifications.
    Mods listed in the general text blurb.

Other information.
    No current pictures at the moment, but if there are any serious interested parties, I am happy to take pics and post them up.
    Comes with a handfull of spare body parts including spare Thurston Grey side skirts, spare 'glass' headlights (one crack but intact and working) with clear indicators. Plus a whole host of random bits including spare gear lever (standard shift - currently fitted is a quick shift), Razo pedals covers, spare Nardi wheel with airbag and plenty of other bits I cant think of.

Also have a GRP vented bonnet to go with the car if buyer wants.

Pictures show the car in its former glory. Number plate not included as no longer with me. Standard P plate on the car.

Would be in the market for a possible swap with a V6 Galant estate as I still need a car.

Bad bits
    Now to the bad bits...
    Paintwork faded in many areas with some areas having laquer peel.
    Manual lever is 'clunky'. The lever does not spring back to neutral position. On investigation it appears that the problem is gearbox side as the selector cables are not 'released' by the box smoothly. However the box runs really well, and no problem with going in/out of any gear.
    Bodywork generally showing signs of age.
    Requires undersealing this year. Beginning to show little areas of surface rust underneath.
    Has a dodgy wheel bearing, but I have a brand new one ready to go on.
    HT leads need replacing, but I have a spare set ready to go.
    Amplifier not working, but easy fix to replace it!
    Audi Recaro seats not currently fitted but will be supplied if wanted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Atik; 21-02-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

What?? Nooooo
    Have questions about performance upgrades and ECU tuning? Before PM'ing me, Check this thread first
    Please support CVR4 & become a Full member, you get a full years access to guides, games, chat & much more!

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Totally gutted you're thinking of selling what is probably in the top 5 rarest VR-4s in the country. I wish I had the money spare to pay you NOT to sell it!

If this sale goes ahead, IF, the new owner will get some serious wellington boot from me if they don't take care of it! *shakes cane*

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

I'm in a weird limbo with this car where I need to spend to get it fixed, and even though I am financially sound, I cant afford to get the car repaired just now. The house purchase to me is more important, so certain sacrifices must be made and unfortunately the car is my only asset at the moment and it must go. I cant afford to let the car fall into disrepair over the next year costing me even more in the long term to get it fixed.

The EOI is to see if there is anyone willing to take the project on and keep this ultra rare specified Legnum in the club. Rest assured, even if the car does not sell, I will keep it off the road for a time when I have the house and can afford to spend on the car and get it repaired. I just dont know how long that would be
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

I'd keep it if there's any remote possibility, maybe your current landlord will let you store the car there for a few months if he's planning on moving into the house himself one day?

Although not a complete list, I'd put it on axle stands, take the wheels off and store them at your new place, and cover the Rednum over with a car cover / tarpaulin. It's only a shame there wasn't a heated garage to store it in.

Name
    Richie
    Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    '97 legnum MT

the car is currently not roadworthy?
    1998 2.0 GLS>1999 2.4 GDI>2001 2.5 sport>1997 VR4 + 2000 2.5 sport
    1997 legnum (manual)
    CUSCO rear strut brace
    BILSTEIN springs on uprated shocks
    3" S/S downpipes and exhaust
    induction kit
    EVO V RS transfer box
    EVO VIII brembos
    HEL brake lines
    V6 sport interior
    laser cut engine cover
    GRP EVO style bonnet
    18" inovite redlines
    HKS SSQV
    2003 Mazda 6 2.0 TS estate

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Still using it daily so its working fine and is roadworthy.

Name
    Richie
    Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    '97 legnum MT

let me know anyway. my car is taxed til september and will be MOTd in a few weeks. its a good reliable car and my focus has always been safety so the front discs are grooved with mintex pads, the back brakes were replaced a few months ago and by saturday, all 4 tyres will be brand new falken 912s. front and rear strut braces. front section of the exhaust was done a few months ago as were the rear droplinks which are now blueprint parts. track rod ends were replaced last year as its only MOT failure

Name
    dave
    Last Online
    18-06-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    350z/Espace

. Am in the process of buying a business which will complete next week now ( 2 months later than i wanted) so not in a position now but if this is available in a few months then i may be intrested .
    Home Audio / Visual and CB HERE

To contact CLUBVR-4 committee or moderation staff click HERE

Name
    nigel
    Last Online
    23-12-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    black l200

atik shame you couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel i know its bein a long time finishing the project off and getting it to what you want but stick with it and you'll grin from ear to ear :-)(might be intrested in a swap for the minster blue one)
    Last edited by exevoowner; 08-03-2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: change