Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: One new feature....

  1. #1
    BraindG's Avatar

    Offline
     
    Name
    Barry
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Last Online
    30-08-2019
    Membership ID
    1
    Posts
    23,219
    Country
    Scotland
    Location
    Manchester
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit
     

    One new feature....

    I'm looking for inspiration for a new feature on club vr4, if you could add a new feature what would it be? *Link may be handy if you know of something that's on another site.

    I'm no looking to fix already existing features (that's covered in the me things to fix tread) just new ideas only please.

    Thanks
    Barry
    SUPPORT CLUBVR-4 TODAY!
    Please do not PM Moderators and Committee Directly, for quicker response times please follow this guide
    HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

    My Articles: Fog Light in Rear Cluster - Changing AYC Switch - Changing Drive Shaft - Changing Front suspension
    My Projects: Installing Uprated Clutch - making Gauge Pods (Tri-pod)
    Club Related: HOW TO Guides - HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators
    RIP: Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve - Mauve History | First VR4 - Second VR4 - Third VR4

    Profile for BraindG
    Get your own fuel sig in the Garage (Members Only) - Visit my Garage ........What Is Geocaching?

  2. #2
    Kenneth's Avatar

    Offline
     
    Name
    Kenneth
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Last Online
    22-01-2019
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Posts
    6,952
    Country
    New Zealand
    Location
    Cambridge
    Car
    VR-4 (Manual)
    My Garage
    Visit
     
    Low bandwidth bare bones interface - Would allow me to view from work without getting pinged due to internet usage which tends to be done by total volume of data and then on top website hits. As there are a LOT of hits required per page load, this put Club VR-4 right at the top. Ouch.

  3. #3
    Wodjno's Avatar

    Offline
     
    Name
    Glenn
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Last Online
    04-08-2019
    Posts
    17,863
    Country
    England
    Location
    Peterborough
    Car
    PFL MT Legnum V
     
    Is there anyway of making a linked Video to say You Tube or Pics on Photobucket/Flickr/imageshack, viewable thru the club site at my place of work. They block just about everything now But i have come across sites that have had links to You Tube and i've been able to view the content and then also browse on You Tube further and view other content!

  4. #4
    BraindG's Avatar

    Offline
     
    Name
    Barry
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Last Online
    30-08-2019
    Membership ID
    1
    Posts
    23,219
    Country
    Scotland
    Location
    Manchester
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Low bandwidth bare bones interface - Would allow me to view from work without getting pinged due to internet usage which tends to be done by total volume of data and then on top website hits. As there are a LOT of hits required per page load, this put Club VR-4 right at the top. Ouch.
    Maybe the mobile style could be selectable to members? - this is a cutdown version of the site and would reduce hits considerably.

  5. #5
    BraindG's Avatar

    Offline
     
    Name
    Barry
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Last Online
    30-08-2019
    Membership ID
    1
    Posts
    23,219
    Country
    Scotland
    Location
    Manchester
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Wodjno View Post
    Is there anyway of making a linked Video to say You Tube or Pics on Photobucket/Flickr/imageshack, viewable thru the club site at my place of work. They block just about everything now But i have come across sites that have had links to You Tube and i've been able to view the content and then also browse on You Tube further and view other content!
    Do you have a link to a site where this works?

    p.s. what happens on the threads where the youtube vide has been embeded?

  6. #6
    BraindG's Avatar

    Offline
     
    Name
    Barry
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Last Online
    30-08-2019
    Membership ID
    1
    Posts
    23,219
    Country
    Scotland
    Location
    Manchester
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit
     
    Quote Originally Posted by BraindG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wodjno View Post
    Is there anyway of making a linked Video to say You Tube or Pics on Photobucket/Flickr/imageshack, viewable thru the club site at my place of work. They block just about everything now But i have come across sites that have had links to You Tube and i've been able to view the content and then also browse on You Tube further and view other content!
    Do you have a link to a site where this works?

    p.s. what happens on the threads where the youtube vide has been embeded?
    Bump

  7. #7
    Ryan's Avatar

    Offline
     
    Name
    Ryan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Last Online
    26-04-2018
    Posts
    7,439
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legacy 3.0R
     
    The pager function was really cool, as was vb plaza. I enjoyed changing people's avatars on the sly.

  8. #8
    The Vee's Avatar

    Offline
     
    Name
    Andrew
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    14-04-2019
    Posts
    8,247
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant V6 TT
     
    Carefull on the links for the work thing (Wodj's post). I used to do that thru another forum. That forum is now blocked. Maybe not related but hate to lose CVR4 at work as well.
    Like the site so far?
    Why not become a Full Member and support an ever growing source of information and knowledge of the Galant/Legnum range.

    Join or Renew Here!

  9. #9
    foxdie's Avatar

    Offline
     
    Name
    Jason
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    27-08-2019
    Membership ID
    518
    Posts
    5,010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Car
    Silver PFL VR4
    My Garage
    Visit
     
    I'd like the ability to always be able to edit the first post in a thread I started, regardless of how long it's been since I last edited it.

    I've created several threads with information to other club members now, information that in most cases is now obsolete and needs updating (EFI ECU pinout for example). Because it's been a couple of weeks since I last edited it, I have to resort to adding a reply, and more often than not people seeking that information are in a rush and don't have time to scour through every reply (which there can often be many) to check for potential updates.

    Other forums such as XDA-Developers have implemented being able to always edit the original post and this has proven highly successful
    Want your car tuning? Here's my pricing
    Have questions about performance upgrades and ECU tuning? Before PM'ing me, Check this thread first
    Please support CVR4 & become a Full member, you get a full years access to guides, games, chat & much more!

Similar Threads

  1. Testing new chat feature.
    By BraindG in forum Site General / Ideas
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-10-2013, 12:05 PM
  2. Testing useful feature
    By BraindG in forum General / Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-10-2010, 03:26 PM
  3. My Threads - feature
    By KiwiTT in forum Site General / Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-02-2007, 09:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •