Name
    Alan
    Last Online
    24-06-2023
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    VR-4 Leg & R33

Thanks Nick. I'd rather not drive to you as I'm only doing 6 mile journeys to work at the moment and don't want ro push my luck.
    I'll give the MAP2 dudes a day or so to see what the outcome is from there then I'll give you a shout. Thanks again buddy

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    '97 Legnum VR-4 type S
    DONE - SARD 530cc injectors, SARD AFPR, FMIC, MAP2-ECU, Ralliart air filter & 'Special' MAF, Magnecor leads, NGK 7s, Polyeurethane engine mounts, New lash adjusters, RPW downpipes, Powerflow 3" full de-cat exhaust, Reconditioned turbos, Bespoke AYC gauge, SARD R2D2 BOV, CarPC with EvoScan, Fusion amp & InPhase sub, EBC Turbo grooved & dimpled brake discs, EBC red & green pads, HKS SuperForm Lowering springs, Hydraulic bonnet dampers, Momo steering wheel, Bespoke wideband AFR/Oil pressure gauge thingy, New wiper blades all round!, Amsoiled... woo hoo!
    Growling out 349ft/lb torque, 296 fly HP @ 0.9 bar

Name
    Alan
    Last Online
    24-06-2023
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    VR-4 Leg & R33

Well I got a bit of conflicting info from discussions with the MAP-ECU people in NZ...
    After breaking down on a busy dual-carriageway I thought "feck it, make or break" and got the Mrs to bring me the laptop.
    7 unsuccessful attempts to overwrite the MAP2 firmware ensued before I tried a different USB port through which the firmware loaded first go. Needless to say I wasn't in a good mood and the gorilla in me was certainly on show!
    Loaded my map to the ECU then the car started first time with no clickety-clicking.
    Six journeys later, all of which have been unproblematic, and it would appear the problem is solved
    But.... why did it get it's bootloader in a twist in the first place? I don't think I want to know.
    Thanks to all for your ideas and help along the way. At least whoever buys my car will be getting many new ignition and fuel components... feels like I've given it quite an extensive overhaul of late.

Sent from my Jelly Beaned MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456