Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone has a photo of stock VR-4 ECU?

Name
    KiwiTT
    Last Online
    24-05-2018
    Membership ID
    NZ001
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    BMW 330i
    My Garage
    Visit

Mante and Zentac:

This site was created by it's founders to seek and distribute information. It has altruistic beginnings, but it was decided that it was not fair to burden the ongoing running costs to them. A Committee was formed to take over the running costs of the site. We introduced membership fees to cover these costs and these were set at a level that we thought was appropriate.

For this membership you get a wealth of information other members have put together and other benefits. The commitee members determine what threads belong where based on the information they contain. It can be a quite a balancing act.

A quick look at the level of information provided in the members area, will show that a fair majority of the information provided is created by "contributing" members. These members show their enthusaism by both paying, contributing and for some managing the site.
    We work to live, and to live is to drive a VR-4, around corners at speed. But it costs see here

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    28-05-2011
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Cayenne Turbo S

Worth £20 to me any day. The time and effort involved running a site must be mental.
    ECU Remapping, Chipping.

www.norchip.co.uk

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

We are all enthusiasts.
    We all benefit.
    We can all afford £20.

It's not like this is a massive profit making scheme!

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann
    It's not like this is a massive profit making scheme!
    Correct ! Indeed any profit that is made on anything (e.g merchandise) is ploughed back into the club pot.

Last Online
    03-08-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    blue vr4

just to add my pennies worth...

At first I did think it was a bit annoying that all the juicy stuff was hidden from non-members but 20 quid is not hard to come by. Think about it this way, that's one good takeaway meal, or an afternoon in the pub (if your alone that is! ), or half a tank of petrol!!!! (should last about a mile)

It's all relative, 20 quid a year for exclusive content does not seem high at all when you keep everything in perspective. If I had more time and money on my hands I would no doubt spend all my cash on the car, using information obtained via this forum. After all, got some great ideas that just need the nod from 'her who reads the bank statements and shouts accordingly'

I can understand Mantes objections but he's taking it a little out of proportion and reacting like a teenager.

If you join any club and contribute, membership renewal will always be required whether you have personal contributions or not.
    Last edited by d3x; 11-07-2005 at 12:44 PM.

Name
    Val
    Last Online
    15-12-2018
    Country
    Russia
    Car
    VW Phaeton W12

DSMLink is a great option... once it becomes available for our cars.
    Yet Trust/Greddy made a good piggyback even better and most of the features are now available here, on a new e-manage Ultimate :

Front Panel

Toggle Switch (Dip) - 2 independent setting can now be stored and accessed via the “Toggle Switch.” 2 separate maps for the “Injection Adjustment Map” and the “Ignition Map.” (For Rotary engines, 2 separate “Primary and Secondary Injector Maps” and “Leading & Trailing Ignition Maps.”) i.e. one program for “street” and one for “race track”.
    Serial Port - External data (like “GReddy Warning Meters”, and other future optional products) can be monitored and recorded in real time through a data link cable.
    Switch Port - “Data logging” and “Ignition Cut” features can be activated with the use of an optional “Remote Switching System” and “Switching Harness”
    Option 1 & Option 2 - An additional “Option Connector” is added to the previous “Pressure Connector.” Now any two Options (like “GReddy Pressure Sensor”, “GReddy Temp Sensor,” “Multi-Switching System,” A/F Meter, Auxiliary Switch, Factory Pressure Sensor, or Other Analog Input signal) can be selected using the “Option 1” and/or “Option 2 “ ports.
    USB Port - e-Manage is industry first to adapt the USB communication technology. We have improved communication with ability to use standard USB cables. This improvement also enhances the communication speed for more detailed real time monitoring and data recording.

Rear Panel

Because of new Features, there are now 3 “Harness Connectors” (sold separately). The 18-pin and 12-pin connectors and the signal pins are identical to the previous e-manage system, while a new 14-pin connector was added for new features. Additional “Vehicle Specific Plug-in Harness” may also be available for certain applications.

Circuit Board

Many Optional Adapters, which previously need to be purchased separately, are now built-in. The internal circuit board contains 20 “Jumper Switches” to accommodate (previously separate) features, including:
    Mazda Hotwire Airflow Meter Adapter
    Ignition Signal Adapter Socket (Ignition Signal Adapter 1 & 2)

Parameter Setting
    - The biggest change to this system is in the “Parameter Setting” window. With all the added features, the window is now in a tab menu format.

Speed Limiter Cut Feature - This feature will eliminate the factory speed limiter. (May not work on some vehicles)
    Throttle Setting - Any voltage can be inputted directly to set the throttle position.
    Warning Setting - “e-manage Ultimate” can illuminate the Active LED. as a warning light for RPM and/or one additional parameter from the menu, by selecting and setting a warning point value (or an unused “I/J CH” can be used to activate a relay to illuminate an external warning light).
    Ignition Cut Feature - With the installation of a switch (in the “ON” position), ignition can be cut at a set RPM point
    Map Trace
    Protect Feature - Each Map has the option to be password protected
    A/T Shift Compensation Feature - On vehicles with Automatic Transmissions, ignition timing can be compensated at set shift-up and shift-down points
    Channel Change Feature - Vehicles with a distributor type ignition system may able to use group fire or individual ignition systems (Replacement parts and modifications to the wire harness is required) Also, Group injection systems may be changed to sequential injection (Modifications to the wire harness is required).

Map's

Airflow Output Map - Previously labeled “Airflow Adjustment Map” is now “Airflow Output Map”. This can now be used to eliminate the factory airflow meter. This is done by directly inputting voltage or frequency in to this map.
    Anti Engine Stall Feature - The 8 adjustment cells are now upgraded to 16 cells, for even finer adjustment.
    Injection Adjustment Map - Fuel trimming in the previous system was achieved by adjusting the “Airflow Adjustment Map” which could also affect the ignition timing. The improved “Injection Adjustment Map” is used to trim and add fuel directly by controlling the injector signal, therefore it will not affect the ignition timing at all. (However with an internal jumper setting change, the system is still able to trim the fuel by adjusting the airflow signal like the previous unit)
    Acceleration Injection Map - Like the “Injection Adjustment Map”, the “Acceleration Injection Map” can trim fuel by controlling the injector signal. This is used if it is necessary to smooth rapid transitions to wide open throttle.
    Individual Cylinder Injection Adj. & Individual Cylinder Ignition Adj. Maps - It is possible to correct uneven combustion between cylinders, by fine tuning each individual cylinder for more advanced tuning.
    Vehicle Speed Correction Map - Inconsistencies due to differences in vehicle speed (difference in load) can be corrected with this map.
    Coolant Temp Correction Map (Must be Selected with Knock Signal 1) - When the ECU Coolant Temp Calibration does not match the e-manage’s tuning, this map is used to tune the system at various temperature ranges.
    Intake Air Temp Correction Map (Must be Selected with Knock Signal 2) - When the ECU Intake Air Temp Calibration does not match the e-manage’s tuning, this map is used to tune the system at various temperature ranges. This map is also be used when eliminating the airflow meter on a vehicle equipped with a hotwire type airflow meter.
    Rev Limiter Cut - For vehicles with a fuel cutting controlled rev limiter, this feature will drive the injectors past the factory rev limiter. *This feature will not work on vehicles with rev limiter controlled by ignition cut.
    A/F Target Value Map (feedback tuning function) - By inputting target Air Fuel values in this map, “e-mange Ultimate” will automatically make corrections to the “Injection Map,” if an A/F meter (*high quality) is connected to the Auxiliary Output signal. This feature can shorten the tuning time.
    Ignition Adjustment Map - The “Ignition Adjustment Map” can accurately advance ignition timing by controlling the crank angle / cam angle signal.
    Acceleration Ignition Map - Ignition timing can also be corrected for a rapid change in the throttle opening rate for a smoother transition into wide open throttle.
    NVCS Control Map - NVCS (Nissan Valve Control System) can be controlled with out the need for NVCS Adapter 1.
    Analog Output Map - This feature can be used to eliminate the factory boost cut function on vehicles that are equipped with both an airflow meter and a pressure sensor (i.e.: FC3S, Subaru). Also, on some vehicles, the factory feedback range can be adjusted by outputting a corrected throttle position signal.
    Auxiliary Output Map - The fixed 4x4 map on the previous unit is now a fully adjustable 16x16 map. Set your own "ON" and "OFF" conditions.
    Idle Stabilization Map - If the factory idle control valve is a solenoid type valve, this map can vary the valve’s duration to adjust the injection rate. This is used when eliminating the airflow meter.

Other Added Features

RPM Signal Recognition Improved RPM signal. If the standard RPM signal wire cannot be used, an RPM signal can be recognized though a crank angle / cam angle signal. With an internal jumper setting, the system can even recognize RPM from the negative signal of the ignition coil.
    Fouled Plug Feature - When initiated this feature can help clean fouled spark plugs by cutting the injector’s firing at start up. To fix the fouled plug start the engine with wide-open throttle.

Data Log Features

Data Logging - Samplings can be recorded at 20msec on up to different 8 channels on the unit itself and over 30 when using the included software. The data can be recorded even when the PC is not connected.
    TEXT File Feature - The data recorded in the Real Time Display mode can now be save as TEXT file. Organizing the data can simplified by opening the data in Excel and creating a graph.
    Knock Monitor (Future update) - Knock can be monitored and reviewed.
    Ignition Timing Display (Future update) - Ignition Timing can be monitored in the Real Time Display mode.

Name
    Val
    Last Online
    15-12-2018
    Country
    Russia
    Car
    VW Phaeton W12

Hmmm... lots of unreadable text up there...
    To sum it up...
    I will probably go for Ultimate e-manage (while I wait for DSMLink to become available for our platform ).

- It can finally monitor knock...
    - It can be used to get rid of stock MAF and use Trust/Greddy pressure sensor instead...
    - It can use wideband input to fine tune your target A/F ratios...
    - Rev limiter removal? Not sure if it will work on our cars... but its possible.
    - Speed limiter removal - I use Apexi RSM for this... but for many it will be a good feature
    Last edited by valmes; 11-07-2005 at 01:29 PM.

Name
    Richard
    Last Online
    02-03-2022
    Country
    England
    Car
    600+ bhp FTO-VR

I havn`t got a problem paying the £20, I am a member of a number of clubs and am happy to pay the membership of them all what I disagree with is the hiding of information that I may have supplied, hence the statement that I will offer help and advice to anyone who posts up a question.
    Richard Batty
    2.5ltr V6 Turbo FTO

Name
    Bernard
    Last Online
    17-05-2022
    Country
    United States
    Car
    97 Vr4 type V

its no real point to address every single person that decided to chime in, so to sum it all up. The way things are done here, like zentac mentioned any information that I may discover regarding the 6a13 will be moved to the members only area. Thats how it is..being moral and taking the "high" road....ahh okay

I couldnt forget how I came across dsmlink, nor would I try to deny it..respect is given when its due. Valmes that is..

all in all there is an additional page of whining about my actions all in response for a 3 line entry, instead of talkin about this maybe...talk about the car.....hmm yea thats what this site was ment for.

the 20... there is no need to think i may need financial help for it..

-Sites do not run themselves, true
    -forum admins/mods dont get pay checks...true
    -fee's to pay for bandwith,,false (no more then 2000 members, how many are active,,,,guestimate of 200)

sharing knowledge should be done for the love of the car and not if you fit a criteria..

I think I read somewhere that I "gained so much" well, truth be told..I really didnt...when I really really needed help there was noooo response. There is a complaint about withholding info about dsmlink...jeez thats a chip of the iceberg...thats only the engine management depart. Its only a few of people here willing to do something to there car that is not a bolt on...lil here

Lastly I do know how much it costs to run/maintain/upgrade etc if you didnt know Im a moderator at thegalantcenter.net...6000 members roughly 4200 active ones no issues with bandwith, people make donations nothing is forced or implied. I came here just becuase you guys would know more of what Im going through but more and more I hear about certain threads in the members only area, turns my stomach..
    Car best: 11.8
    Personal best: 12.5 @ 112 mph

Name
    Val
    Last Online
    15-12-2018
    Country
    Russia
    Car
    VW Phaeton W12

Ok... I don't mind paying to support this site and VR4 community... but I also don't think that threads started in "open to all area" should be moved to "members only area"... just my opinion.

Special offers, easy to find references, articles in "Members only" is ok, but still this is what this site is for - for sharing information. I guess if more people(non members) find it helpful, more will join(become members) out of gratitude...

We've gone way off topic...

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Mante
    -fee's to pay for bandwith,,false (no more then 2000 members, how many are active,,,,guestimate of 200)
    Bull, we are currently using nearly 12gb a month in bandwidth (and increasing by the day). Recently the site was shutdown by the host company cos we exceded bandwidth (10GB) we had to pay, yes pay.... to increase our bandwidth and get CVR4 back online. If you know something i don't then please tell me, as i would be oh so interested how you know more about CVR4 than me... k, thnx.

Quote Originally Posted by Mante
    Lastly I do know how much it costs to run/maintain/upgrade etc if you didnt know Im a moderator at thegalantcenter.net...6000 members roughly 4200 active ones no issues with bandwith, people make donations nothing is forced or implied. I came here just becuase you guys would know more of what Im going through but more and more I hear about certain threads in the members only area, turns my stomach..
    We are hitting 6000 hits a month, which isnt that much in comparison to the galantcenter site, however for us its pretty damn good. Hosting in America is way way cheaper that the UK, perhaps you should compare prices before coming up with statements like yours.

When we set up the committee we sat down, and discussed what was best for the club, we came up with the current scope. As yet I/we have not heard of any complaints nor grumbles. Seems the only grumble is from someone who is a bit pissed off cos he has to pay for something he gets for free elsewhere.. I'd love to be in your positiion, 4200 active members! donations! yes, sir-eeeee. However we live on a small island and have around 200/250 active members, a far cry from your super Uber 4200 active members. I spent a fortune on setting up this Club, and it could not have continued if we had not done what we decided to do. Please bear this in mind before throwing your toys out of the cot.
    SUPPORT CLUBVR-4 TODAY!
    Please do not PM Moderators and Committee Directly, for quicker response times please follow this guide
    HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

My Articles: Fog Light in Rear Cluster - Changing AYC Switch - Changing Drive Shaft - Changing Front suspension
    My Projects: Installing Uprated Clutch - making Gauge Pods (Tri-pod)
    Club Related: HOW TO Guides - HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators
    RIP: Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve - Mauve History | First VR4 - Second VR4 - Third VR4

Profile for BraindG
    Get your own fuel sig in the Garage (Members Only) - Visit my Garage ........What Is Geocaching?

Last Online
    24-01-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    Evo 5RS 2.3ltr

Quote Originally Posted by valmes
    We've gone way off topic...

I agree with Valmes, we have gone way off topic but it does raise some issues for another thread though (not in the members section...LOL)

As for Mante, I am proud of anyone sticking to their beliefs

you think it is wrong to be forced to become a member because we shoudl share information freely... so why are you refusing to share the information with not only the satanist CVR4 Members, but Valmes...

What has Valmes done wrong to deserve not sharing the information that he helped you find?? Is it because he may share the information with us and don't you think that you're being extremely childish?

You have made your feelings known, you should share the information Valmes though....

Mike
    Gas Flowed Head & Sponsorship by www.whitfieldraceengines.co.uk

Parts & Sponsorship by Indigo-GT www.Indigo-GT.co.uk

Sponsored by T2 Design Solutions www.t2ds.co.uk

550BHP 2.3 Evo 5RS - AMS GT3076R

Name
    Val
    Last Online
    15-12-2018
    Country
    Russia
    Car
    VW Phaeton W12

Hey Mike, thanks... but I am ok ... Really...
    I can get in contact with DSMLink guys directly... or anyone for that matter...
    Hopefully this will solve the problem...

Last Online
    24-01-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    Evo 5RS 2.3ltr

I like your style Valmes... Nice one

While everyone else is losing their temper, Valmes keeps cool... Good luck

Name
    Richard
    Last Online
    02-03-2022
    Country
    England
    Car
    600+ bhp FTO-VR

Quote Originally Posted by BraindG
    We are hitting 6000 hits a month, which isnt that much in comparison to the galantcenter site, however for us its pretty damn good. Hosting in America is way way cheaper that the UK, perhaps you should compare prices before coming up with statements like yours.
    That not really a valid argument is it? If its cheaper to host in america.... then bloody host in america!!!!! This is the internet, countries have no borders on here.... go for the cheapest option. Most of my sites that Ive developed over the years are hosted in america.

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by zentac
    That not really a valid argument is it? If its cheaper to host in america.... then bloody host in america!!!!!
    WHAT!? no, i won't BLOODY host in america.

Last Online
    03-08-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    blue vr4

Quote Originally Posted by BraindG
    WHAT!? no, i won't BLOODY host in america.

calm, calm, think palm trees, gentle streams flowing to the sounds of gentle music...

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    07-08-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Saab 9-5 Estate

I'd pay just to come on here and chat to people, the fact that there aren't many active members is good i think. Everyone seems to know everyone, everyone is friendly and you get a good atmosphere, with 4200 active members, like other forums i've been on you don't get much by way of banter, just pockets of members having their own private discussion.
    The content of the jokes section is worth £20 IMO. I realise i haven't yet become a member, but that's because i'm lazy, i will when i get around to it.

Sorry it's off topic, but i like to get my two penneth in!
    The best things in life have to be lubricated

Last Online
    03-08-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    blue vr4

please note: from now on all my jokes are being published in the members only section..

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    07-08-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Saab 9-5 Estate

Quote Originally Posted by d3x_vr4
    please note: from now on all my jokes are being published in the members only section..

Better get me wallet out then!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast