Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Ah, buggery bugger!

Just called the other venue, they don't have the dates available anymore - They do have the following weekend available and it turns out easter weekend is March 31st, I'm going to persue costs etc for the weekend after and take it from there.
    SUPPORT CLUBVR-4 TODAY!
    Please do not PM Moderators and Committee Directly, for quicker response times please follow this guide
    HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

My Articles: Fog Light in Rear Cluster - Changing AYC Switch - Changing Drive Shaft - Changing Front suspension
    My Projects: Installing Uprated Clutch - making Gauge Pods (Tri-pod)
    Club Related: HOW TO Guides - HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators
    RIP: Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve - Mauve History | First VR4 - Second VR4 - Third VR4

Profile for BraindG
    Get your own fuel sig in the Garage (Members Only) - Visit my Garage ........What Is Geocaching?

Name
    nigel
    Last Online
    23-12-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    black l200

Just out of intrest why walsall there a few places around the area with better links to major road network

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Well I started a list of 280 venues in the triangle I outlined in the location thread. All the venues I found of suitable size were already booked or had something missing.

I got through 120 venues, each taking about 10 minutes on the phone, I wasn't getting anywhere. Then I hit walsall on the list and I found two venues, one which we have discarded right away due to a dodgy car park. I wouldn't want to park my car there nor would feel comfortable allowing others to park there.

The venue we have landed on ticks all the boxes, close to major road, fantastic parking. Alternative options for sleeping arrangements. The venue is clean, bedrooms are decent and of a high standard, our own bar, the list goes on..infact the quality and price is just above anything yet found.

What I could do is continue down my list but the chances (based on the 120 already done) of finding another venue which equals or betters this place is, I feel very slim.

I will reveal more once I have further discussed the event with the hotel and agreed on pricing etc.

Name
    nigel
    Last Online
    23-12-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    black l200

how bout drayton manor park they have functions on there and rooms to stay its bit priceie but there plenty of room and think they have a events field they rent out or if the weather is nice and people bring there own we could just turn up at kingsbury water park the kids play areas there and plenty of parking there a camp site just up the road

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

As you say Nige, Drayton is quite expensive.
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by exevoowner View Post
    Just out of intrest why walsall there a few places around the area with better links to major road network
    It's on top of the M6 motorway. It is a stone's throw from the M5 and M54 motorways. It's on the major A road, the A34. Another major A road, the A38, is just a few miles away. It is also not very far from the M6 Toll motorway. Is your definition of 'better links to a major road network' so surreal, that even Salvador Dali would look twice?

A LOT of effort has already gone into the organisation of this event, a large number of factors have been carefully weighed up and considered, and the research already undertaken has been substantial. Please don't undermine it with ill thought out throwaway comments?!

Don't make me press buttons!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    nigel
    Last Online
    23-12-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    black l200

elnevio
    Originally Posted by exevoowner
    It's on top of the M6 motorway. It is a stone's throw from the M5 and M54 motorways. It's on the major A road, the A34. Another major A road, the A38, is just a few miles away. It is also not very far from the M6 Toll motorway. Is your definition of 'better links to a major road network' so surreal, that even Salvador Dali would look twice?

A LOT of effort has already gone into the organisation of this event, a large number of factors have been carefully weighed up and considered, and the research already undertaken has been substantial. Please don't undermine it with ill thought out throwaway comments?!

Don't make me press buttons!

Well it was only a thought some people really know how to turn people away from inputting idea's to try and help out from the above comments i'll be staying away as i looks like its sorted

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    14-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Not a VR4

Sadly not a VR4 owner any longer (sold my baby to WKDNas last year), but can I say what a perfect venue Barry has chosen for the 10th Birthday Party!

It is a perfect location for travelling to from all areas of the UK, has a huge and safe CCTV monitored car park (I have seen many exotic cars are safely moored up there overnight... Skylines, R8's, Fezzas' Porsches, Bentleys etc with no concerns), excellent rooms - bar - restaurant - Starbucks, a first class leisure facility (gym, pool, sauna. steam room, jaccuzzi etc free for residents) and KFC within 1 minute walking distance. I am sure everyone will be more than impressed with the location!
    Best of all it is 3 miles from my house so I can come down and drool over your motors...... might even be tempted back into ownership!

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

The whole point of this bash as I understand it is to get everyone there who can be - past members, current members, brand new members, owners, ex-owners, potential future owners. You should be there regardless if you want to be.

Having been on the advance reconnaissance mission, I also like the venue. It also has a Holiday Inn Express on the same site, which should allow for slightly cheaper rooms for anyone on a budget.

Name
    nigel
    Last Online
    23-12-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    black l200

yes i understand what your saying nick but being in the area and knowing what others are around like stafford showground and alike i was just offering other places

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

No worries, Nige - my comment was more aimed at Dave above as he said he hasn't got a VR4 anymore.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    14-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Not a VR4

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann View Post
    No worries, Nige - my comment was more aimed at Dave above as he said he hasn't got a VR4 anymore.
    Thanks Nick - and even though I am without a VR4 I will be there to drool and have some banter with a top bunch of geezers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12