Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

I hate Sky

Think its time we all boycotted Sky TV

I done away with my Sky cause I refuse to pay around £600 a year to watch repeats & to watch the football.

Now they have the F1 as well its sh1t. I have tried to avoid everything today so I never saw/heard the results of the F1 but just popped on to FB to fined out who won.

Wont be long till they have the World cup & the Euro's If know one paid for it the cost would soon come down & they wouldn't get all the best sport.
    The mighty Leedsnum has gone but the Airtrek mods will soon fill this space

How To:Contact Committee or Moderators.

Name
    Bill
    Last Online
    12-02-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum Ralliart

Andy it's on BBC1 10.30,dont know the reseult so will be watching

Name
    Bill
    Last Online
    12-02-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum Ralliart

Oh, and i got rid of Sky several yrs ago when they kept putting the price up without telling me,I too think there should be a campain to boycott them,it's their fault all these crappy football kickers get such huge wages and ticket prices are so high for the fans

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    05-02-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70 T5

Ive been following F1 for many years but since the move over to sky i haven't watched one race this year !

Ive got Virgin but totally refuse to pay extra to have a Sport channel of Football (i cant stand).

I wonder how much the f1 audience has dropped since the move ?

Name
    ian
    Last Online
    16-10-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    1xVR4 1xAudi A4

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/sport/motosport.html
    quality is fairly good and its live and free (so I've heard!!)
    Mods to date-
    Eerrmm... nothing! Maybe a new engine soon!!!
    Make that a new car!!
    Make that a new Legnum VR4 now on the driveway!!!

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    14-09-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant VR4

we have been sky free since the 2007 floods............only thing i miss is the speedway.....got a couple freeview boxes around the house.....spend more time doing things than watching the box ....

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

I for one think that SKY have raised the bar exceptionally high in the way live sporting events are covered. For example the Formula One is now a more enjoyable experience for me than ever it was before. Plus their HD is way better than any other provider, trust me I was a virgin media customer for years.

Though I do agree if your not into your TV Sports and Documentaries then Sky wouldnt be the best for you.

When you are used to the quality of presentation it makes the likes of ITV and BBC sports look practically amateurish....

My overall Sky package is still cheaper than Virgin, thats phone plus TV....

I still use Virgin for Internet though....that cant be beaten!

As for the Euros and World Cup I can only hope ITV and BBC soon catch up to the HD quality of SKY, its cringing flicking onto a football match on ITV which is billed as HD.....
    Still here somewhere........

Name
    Alex
    Last Online
    24-08-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    Audi S4 Avant

I used to have Sky, so too did my father-in-law who died a couple of years ago. When he died, Sky charged me £150 to cancel his sky subscription plus the bill for the month he died in and hadn't been able to pay!

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerfish View Post
    Sky charged me £150 to cancel his sky subscription
    So will Virgin plus they will send someone around to collect their box which you originally paid for!

Name
    Taff
    Last Online
    01-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum vr-4

i too used to have Sky. we had the basic HD package, unlimited phone and broadband packages when it first came out a few years ago. they slowly, month by month, increased the package price without informing us.

The HD boxes are crap too. We went through 5 boxes in the end. And when the fifth box decided to record whatever it wanted and to delete programs that we recorded, my wife contacted Sky (I was away, off the coast of Libya at the time) to arrange for a new box, they turned round and said, that because we had gone over the years contract (by 3-4 months), that we were not eligible for a new box and that we had to pay for the service engineer to come out and have a look…and then have to pay them more for a new box on top. The wife told them where to stick it. As we thought it was an insult for us paying them so much every month (£60 in the end) for a crap service and only to watch repeats on nearly every channel they provided.

To cut the long story short, I finally managed to cancel the TV package altogether. We still have the phone calls and broadband packages. For our area, it works out to be the best.

I have now built a HTPC (Home Theatre PC) and installed a Freeview and FreeSat TV cards. We now have roughly 150+ channels that we can view. And all the stuff that’s was on Sky One etc, I download off the net. I’ve even set up my downloading side, to download our favourite shows automatically for free…PM me if anyone wants links to the sites that I use.

Name
    Jim
    Last Online
    21-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

I have Virgin and don't want tp pay for SKY sports, have been watching on http://www.eplsite.com/f1.html this is free quality is not too bad, although you do get stops and starts sometimes. You have to clear the ads which is usually no problem.

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    27-06-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant V6 Sport

the wife told me how much the monthly sky bill was last month so i dug out my details and logged onto my online sky account, they have been charging us for upto 6 films amonth that we havent watched some of them 2 or three, sometimes even 4 times!!! WTF the only reason i kept the HD package on which i watch only 3 channels was because i recieved the F1 channel free.... even though it cost me 30 squids a month for the HD package!!!!!

so, the wife rang them today ( after speakiong to them last month with the phone call concluding with sky promising to remove the films we havent watched etc from our bills and to contact us later in the week to deal with the money we have already payed over the last few months) because we have still had no reply from them and are still getting chgargded for films we have not watched!! but this time they wont speak to her because 'thhe password is wrong', again WTF it hasnt changed since we last spoke to them.... i think i will be looking at a freeview box very soon.

Name
    ian
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4/24vc
    My Garage
    Visit

i have sky (the full lot ) i useually cancell
    sky sports when football season finishes till it starts again but due to F1 i have kept it , but i have to hold my hands up and say Sky F1 is much better than the bbc /itv have ever done , so sky must have put the money into its service , as the saying goes you get what you pay for ,
    ian

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

I wouldn't mind paying Sky for the F1 if I could pay a sensible amount and get just that channel. I don't watch much other sport (if any) so the £20 a month would be just for the GP's. As I get all the BBC channels for £12.50 a month with the license and all the ITV, channel 5 etc stuff for free, I begrudge that much money for just formula 1.

Oh, and whilst I don't hate Sky in itself, (not quite, not yet) I do have an ever increasing dislike of Rupert Murdoch. He alone is a good reason to boycott Sky as well as News International.

Name
    dave
    Last Online
    18-06-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    350z/Espace

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann View Post

Oh, and whilst I don't hate Sky in itself, (not quite, not yet) I do have an ever increasing dislike of Rupert Murdoch. He alone is a good reason to boycott Sky as well as News International.
    you would be suprised how many people say the same thing . i hear it daily , not a bad thing for me though as it keeps me nice and busy along with incompetent sky installers throwing customers my way.
    Home Audio / Visual and CB HERE

To contact CLUBVR-4 committee or moderation staff click HERE

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Heh! Yep. I am currently a Virgin customer for TV, phone & broadband. Mainly because of the huge difference in broadband speeds available here via cable. However even if it came down to a simple choice of Murdoch or Branson reaping the profits of my decision, it would still be Virgin getting my custom!

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    12-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    2009 Colt

i think sky is great and the FI is the best its ever been,
    i pay over £80.00 a month but then i dont smoke or spend loads down the pub so for my enjoyment i'm happy.
    and as for broadband i have 2 super fast fibre lines from BT running at 80mg each
    "Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"................ (Gilles Villeneuve)