Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for recent pics from NZ meets.

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Looking for recent pics from NZ meets.

Anyone got pictures of some recent gatherings in NZ?

I'm looking to bulk out the photos for the Club and unfortunately NZ is lacking recent pics

if you have some, please (if you don't mind) provide a link to say a 3rd part picture hosting company and ill grab them from there. Otherwise, please create a new thread and upload them.

Thanks in advance.
    Barry
    SUPPORT CLUBVR-4 TODAY!
    Please do not PM Moderators and Committee Directly, for quicker response times please follow this guide
    HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

My Articles: Fog Light in Rear Cluster - Changing AYC Switch - Changing Drive Shaft - Changing Front suspension
    My Projects: Installing Uprated Clutch - making Gauge Pods (Tri-pod)
    Club Related: HOW TO Guides - HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators
    RIP: Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve - Mauve History | First VR4 - Second VR4 - Third VR4

Profile for BraindG
    Get your own fuel sig in the Garage (Members Only) - Visit my Garage ........What Is Geocaching?

Name
    Carsten
    Last Online
    22-10-2023
    Membership ID
    NZ019
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Nissan Navara
    My Garage
    Visit

Ha... What meetings. We don't have them anymore

Can't even remember the last "big" one?

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Aaaw, why not ? - Have there not been any workshop meets, or minimeets of late?

How can we promote this a little more if not?

Name
    David
    Last Online
    10-02-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Corvette
    My Garage
    Visit

Problem is just getting enough people to attend. In the old days we use to get heaps of people turn up, and most of them were the "usual suspects".

Life changes tho. Myself, I'm at work most weekends. Brad, who had the massive garage we had the workshop days at no longer lives at that house, and had in general fallen off the face of the earth.
    To contact the CVR4 Staff please see HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

Name
    Jeremy
    Last Online
    29-05-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    98 VR4 | 01 CF4

We havent had any since our last photo meet. The last big one before that is was dyno day here in Welly.

Usually we dont tend to have "club meets" just usually club members meeting up and doing stuff/going somewhere as part of our normal life..

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    13-08-2021
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2000 VR4 Leg MT

We have mini meets every so often. Just the 4 nice legnums in the wellington area

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

cool, any pics? - if not, make sure to take some next time, if you don't mind.

Name
    Carsten
    Last Online
    22-10-2023
    Membership ID
    NZ019
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Nissan Navara
    My Garage
    Visit

yep as above, no one shows to "meets" anymore, it was just the usual suspects,

but most of us are older/wiser, are just doing different things now, and moved apart.

clubvr4 nz, is dead in the water, and has been for a long time.

Name
    Zal
    Last Online
    25-11-2017
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Evo V, WRX Wag

Guess as time has gone on and prices have become cheaper, the cars get purchased by bogans and not people the will look after them/join a club etc.

Name
    Richard
    Last Online
    08-03-2017
    Membership ID
    NZ138
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    97 VR-4 + 05 R6
    My Garage
    Visit

yeah people arent really keen to attend meetings anymore,but if someone was keen to organise one in the future,the club can cover some of the costs.
    OnBoost!

Why not become a full member of CVR4,and enjoy the additional benefits? Information here.

To contact the CVR4 Staff please see HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

Name
    Ryan
    Last Online
    26-04-2018
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legacy 3.0R

I'm just too far away now

Name
    Reece
    Last Online
    14-04-2022
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Manual Super

Yeah I'm pretty guttered about this

Found the club while researching about VR-4s, joined up and finally ended up getting a VR-4 lol and yeah. Would be awesome to meet everybody and have workshop days like I've read about. But yeah. Oh well everyone's still friendly, helpful and awesome on the site

Name
    Shane
    Last Online
    11-02-2022
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    99 Galant VR4

Pretty sad really.
    Last meet in Chch I was the only one to show up

"The
    KOKENATOR Sent back in time to destroy all inferior tools!"

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

I've been taking the time to gather my thoughts since reading post #8 - I’m not sure how to best word my respons, so excuse if it comes across wrong.

clubvr4 nz, is dead in the water, and has been for a long time.
    They say “you get out what you put into it”, this is also true in this instance. If no-one bothers to put some effort in then there will never be any change.

Don't get me wrong, the same has been seen in the UK, economy is affecting us badly, so much so that cars are being broken rather than sold, National events are down to 3 a year with really low attendance (in comparison to previous years). Anyways, as mentioned earlier in the thread things here in the UK aren’t too dissimilar, things change, we get married, we have children we move homes, we change or lose jobs - yet, on the surface we somehow seem more active.

We are all human at the end of the day, we all have ability to make change but you have to want to.

I’m not saying that you must attend all national events, you must get more pictures, we need more exposure - however, I do think it’s important to have mini-meets, locals meeting up, going for a coffee, changing car oils or a little spin in the country with a few like minded owners.

The NW Meets started with a few small gatherings at krispy kreme, now, luckily we have Karl’s place to visit and have some proper workshops.

Another point from above, if there aren’t many (or any) attendees to the first attempt to meet, that’s ok, continue to promote the next one, keep at it – if you don’t then it will just fall apart, you have to put in to get out.

Name
    Jeremy
    Last Online
    29-05-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    98 VR4 | 01 CF4

Quote Originally Posted by BraindG View Post
    I’m not saying that you must attend all national events, you must get more pictures, we need more exposure - however, I do think it’s important to have mini-meets, locals meeting up, going for a coffee, changing car oils or a little spin in the country with a few like minded owners.
    These things are happening in the background here in Welly(groups head to track days, occasional country drives etc), but there is a completely different demographic on who own VR4's these days, and a club and resource like CVR4 is not something that they are looking for.

Most people are part of car clubs that suit their social circles, not the make/model of car(nzhondas and Toyspeed being exceptions that I can think of). Also the small size of the cvr4 people in NZ vs the UK(also the widespread-ness of the member base) make it hard to get a decent number of people together. Most forums I am aware of have actually dropped off over 75% of their members due to the whole change in economy etc nz has gone through. Also most people seem more happy to use the likes of facebook than actual forums these days.

The I know Auckland used to be able to get 15+ cars together for a meet, here in Welly we are usually lucky to get anything nearing 10 in the old days. Even our big meet up in Taupo was only 10-15 cars due to the distance & time(4+ hours and 370k's away).

Even if I do organise meets, usually we get a lot of people keen to go, but then pull out prior to the even so it becomes the same 3/4 members heading along, basically meaning it becomes like our normal social lives.

This above is just my observations from what has changed over the 5ish years ive been in the club.

Name
    Wynn
    Last Online
    08-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 (x2)

Further to and to expand on what Jeremy has said above.................

Being part of the 'Welly crew' referred to in his post above, we have found that, what can work well and has for us in the past is to amalgamate some actives with like-minded car enthusiasts from other car clubs.........

This first came about quite sometime ago when an event/run we were organising started to suffer the usual fate where the numbers dwindled as the date for the run approached. Then we were approached by several members of the local arm of the Toyota MR2 club asking if they could tag along with us. This arrangement proved really successful and they responded by inviting us along to a number of their events and runs.

The same arrangement has been done with local BMW club as well....................

This has a number of advantages, not the least of which it ensures enough attendees to make the event worthwhile and also means we get to meet other car enthusiasts as well. People do need to be mindful though that the organising club doesn't get 'overwhelmed' by attendees from the invited club which could cause some resentment. Parity in numbers can work but those invited need to be aware they are 'guests' and aren't there to takeover proceedings.

This is not ideal but does work and maybe something others might like to give some thought to with the view to help generate some social 'go forward' if the numbers attending CVR4 events is so few as to not be worthwhile.

Just a thought..............

Name
    Rory
    Last Online
    08-06-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 Galant VR4

If there were auckland meets, id come!

Name
    David
    Last Online
    13-06-2016
    Country
    New Zealand-Maori
    Car
    A white one :-p

i vote for party @Gly's house, we just wont tell him..... or invite him hahah

Name
    Graham
    Last Online
    01-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ford Mondeo 2.2

Will be visiting Auckland next February (without car), so it would be nice to have a mini meet with one or two of you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast