Adam
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum Type S M

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    Sounds like theres going to be some monster VR4's running around soon!
    lets hope so!

Name
    Alistair
    Last Online
    24-03-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 Legnum VR4

Which 4agze pistons are the same size?

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum Type S M

all 4age engines have the same bore. the gze ones are forged from factory where as the age ones are not. there are 2 different compression ratio gze pistons. 8.5 and 9.something.

Name
    Alistair
    Last Online
    24-03-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 Legnum VR4

Ok so any gzepistobs will work excellent maybe forged engine may find its way into my build budget lol

Name
    panayot
    Last Online
    30-07-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4

Hi all what do you think about after market forged rods made it for stock pistons tape ,we can achieve 500hp with stock pistons which is enough for me ,it dose not need to bay AFTR market pistons ( aroun500gb pounds ) after that we have to bay a forged crang as well ( ? gb pounds )after 600hp, most of the people do not want to give that amount of money and they will be hapy with this 500hp power which is goooood power for street car.
    10x

Name
    lloyd
    Last Online
    18-09-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    holden rodeo

im not sure if its been mensioned, i skimmed through and couldnt see it, but theres a crowd in ausie that makes off the shelf stuff for the 6a's cams, cam gears, piston and rod setup, they have some prety cool stuff. http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/ worth a look if you have not done so already

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum Type S M

yeah rpw are known here and on oz vr4 but poor quality and being bad to deal with has got them a bad rep and most people avoid dealing with them. prices are through the roof too!
    thanks for the input though

Name
    lloyd
    Last Online
    18-09-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    holden rodeo

oh, i hadnt got that far as to dealing with them, interesting to know though

Name
    lloyd
    Last Online
    18-09-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    holden rodeo

umm i have some rods for a 6a13tt in my shed, custom made by PAR engineering in aussie, i had them made a touch shorter then std to allow the use of 4g93t wiseco pistons. there had to be a lil bit of machining done to make it all fit in the bore, but it was piss all for memeroy. also have 4 wisecos left. if anyone is interested in taking them off my hands and attempting to coplette, go for gold.
    i had the rods made 5ish years ago, cost a bit but make me an offer.
    lloyd

Name
    Carsten
    Last Online
    22-10-2023
    Membership ID
    NZ019
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Nissan Navara
    My Garage
    Visit

all off us in this thread have already sorted rod's at about 1k nzd + shipping, (Prism)

we're all just after pistons to suit. and the 4g93 pistons are no good for our rods.

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    04-10-2020
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    legnum vr4

I have the Pauter rods. bought through Arias, dealing with Nick Arias.

Also got CP pistons through Arias, its really not that hard.
    He has done them before mine and he will walk you through whatever you want.
    Mine are not stock compression ~9.2:1 static) but thats no reason not to go through them.
    I also got gapless rings, the higher strength wrist pin option, skirt coatings, appropriate valve reliefs and squish area/ clearance (measured my heads) and things like the reservoir between compression ring and oil ring that helps with blow by.

I have the RPW 272/.348" cam, the higher lift of the two 272 cam sets they offer.
    They are hopeless to work with don't buy from them. Don't answer emails before or after the have your money, took ages and the cams didn't come with a cam card even... and they made no effort to get one.
    Not sure who makes them but its not RPW.
    Just go to Kelford cams they should do you fine. Mine got checked out by Kelfords before they were allowed into the build.

edit: also i ordered solid lifter grind and had hydraulic lash adjustment eliminated. (Adam.Findlay if you are still dreaming about 10000 rpm you have no choice but to do this, the hydraulics will pump up at that speed and your valves will not be closing)

Brush up on the theory, the info is out there.

I did make one mistake - the part number for a sohc 4g92 cam sprocket was the same in ASA, number of teeth the same etc, so i went ahead and bought 4 fidanza adjustable sprockets...
    The offset was wrong, they are correct except for being too far from the engine.

Anyway measured up stock ones and gonna get some centres turned and keep the tooth rings since they were OK (after I sent the first lot (not fidanza) back because they had anodized over the machining burrs, yuck).
    "You can tow a trailer with your moped, but you can't tow any other sort of vehicle. Your moped can't be towed by another vehicle." Land Transport Safety Authority Fact sheet 43 -Mopeds

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum Type S M

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyWrench View Post
    I have the Pauter rods. bought through Arias, dealing with Nick Arias.

Also got CP pistons through Arias, its really not that hard.
    He has done them before mine and he will walk you through whatever you want.
    Mine are not stock compression ~9.2:1 static) but thats no reason not to go through them.
    I also got gapless rings, the higher strength wrist pin option, skirt coatings, appropriate valve reliefs and squish area/ clearance (measured my heads) and things like the reservoir between compression ring and oil ring that helps with blow by.

I have the RPW 272/.348" cam, the higher lift of the two 272 cam sets they offer.
    They are hopeless to work with don't buy from them. Don't answer emails before or after the have your money, took ages and the cams didn't come with a cam card even... and they made no effort to get one.
    Not sure who makes them but its not RPW.
    Just go to Kelford cams they should do you fine. Mine got checked out by Kelfords before they were allowed into the build.

edit: also i ordered solid lifter grind and had hydraulic lash adjustment eliminated. (Adam.Findlay if you are still dreaming about 10000 rpm you have no choice but to do this, the hydraulics will pump up at that speed and your valves will not be closing)

Brush up on the theory, the info is out there.

I did make one mistake - the part number for a sohc 4g92 cam sprocket was the same in ASA, number of teeth the same etc, so i went ahead and bought 4 fidanza adjustable sprockets...
    The offset was wrong, they are correct except for being too far from the engine.

Anyway measured up stock ones and gonna get some centres turned and keep the tooth rings since they were OK (after I sent the first lot (not fidanza) back because they had anodized over the machining burrs, yuck).
    how much did you pay for your CP's if you dont mind me asking.

Name
    Tomek
    Last Online
    22-06-2014
    Country
    Other
    Car
    legnum 2002

Hi, a few days ago , come to me Wiseco pistons :
    IMG_0003.jpg
    Price - 880 Euro + Vat (10 weaks waiting)
    they are 8,0:1 but if i planing block & Heads i have 8,5:1
    Turbo are TD04HL - 19T 520CFM... I think that I will get 500HP ATW; Whit E85 600HP ATW...
    Last edited by kochajj; 28-10-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    APEXI Induction Kit, ECU Remap, PRISM rods; Wiseco Pistons 8,5:1, Manual conversion, HKS twin plate clutsch, HKS DLI Twin power Ignition Amplifier; HKS SSQV III, SARD Limited FPR, 2 x fuel pump 340lph, Magnecor 8,5mm, 2xTD04HL-19T, HKS HYBRID PF, Downpipe 2,5>3,5", 2xEGT, Innovite AFR + Turbotimer, BOOST, OIL TEMP, OIL PRESURE, VOLT's, Batery relokation, Super Ground System, Full Head Porting, injectors 750cc, NGK Irydium Sparks, 600x300x90 Intercooler, Hardpipe, APEXI cooler cap, MOCAL Engine oil cooler, MK Gearbox oil cooler, NEW ENGINE, MILLERS OILS, ROTA TORQUE 18", BREMBO 4P 355mm two pices, Steel brake hoses, Tytanium exhaust wrap, TEIN suspension, methanol injection, IC water sprayer,

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    04-10-2020
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    legnum vr4

Quote Originally Posted by Adam.Findlay View Post
    how much did you pay for your CP's if you dont mind me asking.
    i don't remember, maybe 1600 after all those options and tax, or maybe that was rods, wasnt cheap.

i also got offset wrist pin bores.
    it probably doesn't matter but you should be aware that if you are getting pin offset you need 2 sets of 3 pistons. may affect cost.
    pin offset is toward major thrust side, which is the same on both banks, but the intake is on opposite sides on each bank so you end up with 3 offset one way and 3 offset the other.
    again its not really necessary - supposed to soften the transition from skirt to skirt at TDC.
    racers used to (still do in some stock classes?) rotate the factory piston and reverse the offset to get more leverage (rod closer to a right angle) on the crank at the expense of that smooth transition.

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum Type S M

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyWrench View Post
    i don't remember, maybe 1600 after all those options and tax, or maybe that was rods, wasnt cheap.

i also got offset wrist pin bores.
    it probably doesn't matter but you should be aware that if you are getting pin offset you need 2 sets of 3 pistons. may affect cost.
    pin offset is toward major thrust side, which is the same on both banks, but the intake is on opposite sides on each bank so you end up with 3 offset one way and 3 offset the other.
    again its not really necessary - supposed to soften the transition from skirt to skirt at TDC.
    racers used to (still do in some stock classes?) rotate the factory piston and reverse the offset to get more leverage (rod closer to a right angle) on the crank at the expense of that smooth transition.
    awesome thanks for the info. much appreciated.
    intrested to see how you go with your motor. would be wicked if you could put up some pictures of your pauter rods and cp's.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123