Jeyaseelan
    Last Online
    11-08-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    8th Gen VR4 S

Driver's side front drive shaft

Hi there guys, the other day I was full locked and turning left from a side road onto a main road and as I was straightening up just after making the turn I heard a loud noise and then lost power, so car wouldn't move, but engine was running and revving normally. So when I got out of the car to inspect, I found my wheel had atually touched the front wing and dented it upwards and my door was very stiff to open. So that was the problem. Looked behind my now wonky wheel and found that the ball joint on the wishbone had broken and the drive shaft had popped out of the gearbox and I found two metal rings covered in grease on the floor.

So now have been advised by mechanic that they are finding it difficult to get hold of a drive shaft and was hoping someone here has a driver's side front drive shaft. Can send the money via paypal today if price is right, thank you very much for your help.

Also car is: Face lift Galant VR4 TT, 'V' reg Type S - AUTOMATIC

Name
    cccccccc
    Last Online
    18-06-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4

Quote Originally Posted by tjeyaseelan View Post
    Hi there guys, the other day I was full locked and turning left from a side road onto a main road and as I was straightening up just after making the turn I heard a loud noise and then lost power, so car wouldn't move, but engine was running and revving normally. So when I got out of the car to inspect, I found my wheel had atually touched the front wing and dented it upwards and my door was very stiff to open. So that was the problem. Looked behind my now wonky wheel and found that the ball joint on the wishbone had broken and the drive shaft had popped out of the gearbox and I found two metal rings covered in grease on the floor.

So now have been advised by mechanic that they are finding it difficult to get hold of a drive shaft and was hoping someone here has a driver's side front drive shaft. Can send the money via paypal today if price is right, thank you very much for your help.

Also car is: Face lift Galant VR4 TT, 'V' reg Type S - AUTOMATIC
    I got one from a PFL legnum auto - if that's the same I can offer a good price - but you will need to check its right first ...