Last Online
    23-06-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

Hi all
    Re model reports,
    Thought it was about time I let you all know how things have been progressing, well as you can see its been a while since my last post on this matter, so it dosent take a genius to work out that its been going slowly. The main problem concerns emisions, but things are looking good, Nick at BMS states if all goes well I should have my vehicle on the road in about six weeks.
    More good news however is that BMS seem keen to take on model reports for the full range of VR4s this is an undertaking for the club and could maybe involve the use of doner vehicles.
    BMS, nick inparticular needs to speak with somone from the club who has a good technical knowledge of the VR4 range.
    PM me for more info.

Having seen and driven (allbeit for just a short time) the black beast for the first time all the hassel now seems worth the effort.

Good news for us all fingers crossed.
    IF ITS WET IT MUST BE GOOD

Last Online
    23-06-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

WOT!! NO REPLIES/ COMMENTS?

I thought this might be of some interest, as it concerns the future of the club.

It seems I was mistaken.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

There is interest, don't panic!

See here.

Do you know what technical info is required? Kieran, (the oracle) is away on honeymoon now, but maybe the rest of us can help?

Last Online
    23-06-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

Hi nick

Yes BMS seem willing to do the model reports, the info req concerns how many types of gearboxes/models, chassis numbers, tyre and wheel sizes, different ECUs?.
    Nick at BMS is of the opnion that he can base model reports on 1996 vehicles as any alterations/upgrades are seen as improvments.?
    Most of the probs are down to emisions the VR4 is not very(green) this also explains why other model report producers have been reluctant to take on the challenge.
    In hindsight I would have imported a TYPE S and made everyone happy, but thats another story.
    Just for the record the mode report being constructed at present is based on a VR4 LEGNUM TYPE V TIPTRONIC JULY 2000.
    And after seeing the car for the first time in the (flesh) last weekend I can say its an absolute stunner.
    And boy will I enjoy driving her home, only another six weeks!!

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

As far as I'm aware, you can cover pretty much every combo of VR4 with a few variations.

The ECU changed on autos for sure after the facelift. Pre-facelift autos are 260 bhp not 280. I don't know if all the 280 bhp cars have the same ECU.

There is obviously the manual/auto option. And also the saloon/estate option. Does the rear axle make any difference? i.e. AYC? If so then type V/S is another option.

AFAIK all VR4's were supplied with 16" wheels, but facelift cars had wider wheels fitted with wider tyres. Is that an upgrade?!

I have a 1997 auto Legnum type S. I don't have the original wheels, but the ones on the car are the right size. I am more than willing to help work out a deal for the club by offering it up if it will help.

Last Online
    23-06-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

Hi nick sounds like the sort of help req, after the long weekend I will contact BMS and see if they can supply a difinative list of wants and or questions.

As you may have noticed my user name has changed as i'm now a full member I thought a new handel was appropriate, I can now be known as SENATOR or more likely him formaly known as ##//#???.

Last Online
    29-11-2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4 estate

model report

Quote Originally Posted by Senator
    Hi everyone, on the subject of model reports for a Legnum VR4, my newly imported motor is sat in Bristol Motor Services where it will be used to generate a model report.
    I cant wait, its been a bit of a drawn out process to get someone to agree to do the report but hopefully everything will now go ahead
    The vehicle is a july 2000 VR4 type V. Hopefully this will be good news for us all.
    did you manage to get a model report for your legnum i have a legnum but it is 2002 and having problems getting it registered as no model report available please help my tele number is 07739533816

Name
    Bernard
    Last Online
    23-04-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Nissan Skyline

Quote Originally Posted by GAZHUS
    did you manage to get a model report for your legnum i have a legnum but it is 2002 and having problems getting it registered as no model report available please help my tele number is 07739533816
    If you read Nick's reply to your original thread on this topic, and follow his advice, you'll find plenty of info on VR4 model reports. It's not that we're beeing difficult, but it's been discussed at length recently, and it's a lot quicker for you to exercise your mouse finger by clicking the 'search' link at the top of the page than it is for us to regurgitate everything again.

CVR4 helps thos who help themselves
    ----
    Dr McCuckoo - Avatar Victim Extraordinare.

The KieranCorp Secret Service continues to viciously abuse and falsely accuse this innocent paragon of virtue. The distress has been so great that he no longer can continue his selfless charitable work with homeless children and abused sheep.

The Kierancorp Secret service is interested in hearing from anyone who has red hair, likes wearing a spook uniform, and enjoys nocturnal barbecues. Funny handshake optional.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    08-06-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '99 Ralliart VR

Also will to sacrifice my VR4 for the purposes of generating a model report.

Last Online
    23-06-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

Hi Brunty

The guy to speak to is Nick Painter from BRISTOL MOTOR SERVICES
    tel 01173 167 888 E: nick.painter@bmsesva.co.uk
    BMS Web: www.bmsesva.co.uk

At the moment my motor is at the proving grounds so slowley but surely the
    day I can drive her/him home comes ever nearer.

KEEP THE FAITH!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345