Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    07-12-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4-s

doing it myself mate it is easy.first one i did was daunting cos didnt know what to do,all trial and error.if i can help anyone in the club i will do so no prob.if it fails s.v.a at least you get to get a passto know what to do to get a pass.not done a model report one yet

Name
    Bernard
    Last Online
    23-04-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Nissan Skyline

Quote Originally Posted by westy
    doing it myself mate it is easy.first one i did was daunting cos didnt know what to do,all trial and error.if i can help anyone in the club i will do so no prob.if it fails s.v.a at least you get to get a passto know what to do to get a pass.not done a model report one yet
    I'm inclined to do it myself too. The only thing is, what are you doing about the odometer? Will you just leave it as is, and let it add miles to the km's logged? Have you got a cheap source for the bits?

Charlesworths have quoted 550 for prep+SVA. So that would be 180 for the SVA, about 100 in parts... 270 for labour seems pretty easy money to stick in a foglight, petrol filler and adjust the speedo.... I must find out whether they replace the speedo dial, adjust the odo kms to miles and warranty it...

Picked up a car transporter trailer today. Needs a bit of work on the brakes and a couple of tires, and it'll be good to go. c'mon c'mon c'mon!

Pics here...

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    07-12-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4-s

regarding the speedo, you can buy a speedo converter that you solder to the speedo head. this slows the speedo down to mph speed.it then registers m.p.h.also it de-limits the speed,if yourtrailer fails, dont forget i have a transporter if leggy comes to liverpool.will collect at cost.have you actually driven a legnum? i have not yet even sat in one!hope not disappointed when arrives

Name
    Bernard
    Last Online
    23-04-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Nissan Skyline

Quote Originally Posted by westy
    regarding the speedo, you can buy a speedo converter that you solder to the speedo head. this slows the speedo down to mph speed.it then registers m.p.h.also it de-limits the speed,if yourtrailer fails, dont forget i have a transporter if leggy comes to liverpool.will collect at cost.have you actually driven a legnum? i have not yet even sat in one!hope not disappointed when arrives
    I know about the speedo converter, but it's the odo I'm thinking about - mine'll come saying '66000km'. I assume with the conversion, it'll then start adding miles to the 66000km. I've read of places that will convert the odo reading to miles, and give you a certificate of authenticity, all BIMTA approved etc.

Thanks for the offer of the transporter. The car should come to Liverpool or Bristol (both about the same distance from me). Hopefully the trailer will behave though! I'll be yelling for you if it does die!

I've only driven the saloon VR4 - about 5 years ago I drove one that ralliart had imported from Japan (not the official UK flavour). Unfortunately it was white, and the wife said no! Under the thumb, me? So the estate version will be a first for both of us.

Last Online
    03-02-2009
    Country
    Japan
    Car
    Legnum VR4

This is probably a little late, but for future reference, if anyone needs help locating a car in Japan, I am an exporter (mostly Australia & New Zealand) and a Legnum Owner, so I know what they are like and what to look for.

If I can help at all, just ask. Might be able to help out on the parts side of things also, but would need to be group buys or good volume, otherwise its too hard logistically to get the shipping at the right price.

Cheers....
    For Sale - AUS - VR4 Click Here

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    20-06-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by LegnumVR4
    This is probably a little late, but for future reference, if anyone needs help locating a car in Japan, I am an exporter (mostly Australia & New Zealand) and a Legnum Owner, so I know what they are like and what to look for.

If I can help at all, just ask. Might be able to help out on the parts side of things also, but would need to be group buys or good volume, otherwise its too hard logistically to get the shipping at the right price.

Cheers....
    Now this is very interesting! We have been looking for you for some time!

Can you give examples of typical parts availability and prices? Both for OEM and aftermarket items.

Cheers!

Last Online
    03-02-2009
    Country
    Japan
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Its probably easier to ask me for a specific item. I am sure I can get just about anything, but for me to make a list would take forever. :rolleyes5

There is more aftermarket bolt-on performance here than you can poke a stick at, so no matter what it is that you may want, it will be here. My Legnum didnt have too much in the way of High performance mods, but they are readily available.

The most common stuff would be;

Computers, Mufflers, Trim parts in Carbon Fibre, Lower arm bars (sway bar), lowering kits, aftermarket mirrors (like M3 style or with indicators in them), air cleaners, front mount intercoolers etc. the list just goes on and on. Now you can see why I dont want to make a price list.... ozey:

Popular brands such as Greddy, Apexi, HKS etc...

You name it, its here... Let me know if there is anything in particular you are interested in and Ill check out the prices for you...

Cheers...

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    20-06-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom

OK, lets kick off with just 3 items

Front Mounted Intercoolers

and

Intercooler hard piping kits

and

Computers.......sounds interesting, what sort of power are we talking?

Last Online
    03-02-2009
    Country
    Japan
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Off the top of my head...

Intercoolers range from 70,000 yen to 120,000 yen depending on brand, they usually include all plumbing required.

Aluminum pluming for the Legnum usually runs around 10,000 yen, but depends on how much of it you do. I will look into that one on a per piece basis.

Computers will give 30 to 40 Hp just from the ROM change, one brand that is quite popular with the Legnum is K'sRom, price is about 95,000 yen. pretty cheap for 40 ponies... that and an intercooler and you would definitely notice some vast improvements...

Last Online
    03-02-2009
    Country
    Japan
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Here are a few pics to wet your appetite... :-D
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    28-05-2011
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Cayenne Turbo S

Do you have any more info on the K'sRom, or even a site where we can have a look at what it is all about. £500 is not bad. but it depends on what it does. You can get an extra 30 to 40 just by turning up the boost to 1bar. If this thing gets rid of the fuel cut and is mapped for higher boost it may well be worth the money.

Paul
    ECU Remapping, Chipping.

www.norchip.co.uk

Last Online
    03-02-2009
    Country
    Japan
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Paul,

The KSROM actually raises the boost to 1.1 to 1.2 Bar and has a new MAP installed, it also kills the limiter, so to answer your questions, it does everything you need.

There are other MFG on the market as well. I will see what other info I can get... Mines are a good brand also, but usually pretty expensive...

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    20-06-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom

The KSROM actually raises the boost to 1.1 to 1.2 Bar and has a new MAP installed, it also kills the limiter, so to answer your questions, it does everything you need.
    There have been many discussions about the standard turbos becoming inefficient at these sort of boost pressures, is this why only 40BHP is achievable? I am seeing that sort of increase with only 0.9 Bar.

Speaking of standard turbos.......any bolt on upgrades apart from the Buzz ones?

Name
    Ritch
    Last Online
    17-09-2015
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    '03 Colt 16v &

Aluminum pluming for the Legnum usually runs around 10,000 yen, but depends on how much of it you do. I will look into that one on a per piece basis.

if this is for a full pipe kit - bobby bargain 10,000Yen = 52 of her majesty's drinking vouchers
    BMW E60 525i (3.0) M-Sport.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Can I ask the price of rear mufflers please?

I too am interested in the computer option. Could you supply more details? Would it cope with 97/98 ron? How does it affect fuel consumption?

What's it like to be so popular within moments of registering?! :rolleyes5

Last Online
    03-02-2009
    Country
    Japan
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann
    Can I ask the price of rear mufflers please?

I too am interested in the computer option. Could you supply more details? Would it cope with 97/98 ron? How does it affect fuel consumption?

What's it like to be so popular within moments of registering?! :rolleyes5
    heheh.. yeah. I am the new kid on the block with instant friends....

Not sure on the fuel question. but I think that the high octane fuel here in the gas stands is about 98 RON.

I will do some more research on all, as locally I can get as much info as I want.

I would assume that with a horse power increase would definitely come some fuel efficiency sacrifices, its just par for the course IM afraid...

I'll let you know what I come up with...

sorry, forgot your first question, Mufflers run between 29,000 yen to about 60,000 depending on brand, personally, I dont think there is a major difference between any of them, it really comes down to wich one you like the look of... I personally like the longer cylinder style ones... Ill try and post some pics later..
    Last edited by LegnumVR4; 26-01-2005 at 01:45 PM.

Last Online
    03-02-2009
    Country
    Japan
    Car
    Legnum VR4

What kind of money would you guys be paying for front mounts in the UK, or are they just not available?

What about custom made, how much?

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    20-06-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom

I am waiting on a price from Forge Motorsport for a custom front mount.

Specs for the core are 600mm wide by 180-210mm high and 65-75mm thick. End to end will be around 800mm.

Price? Somewhere in the £250-£300 region I guess but this is without any pipework.

Last Online
    03-02-2009
    Country
    Japan
    Car
    Legnum VR4

That Greddy kit above runs about 98,000 yen RRP, Im pretty sure I can get that kit for 78,000 yen. It comes with all the plumbing as pictured..

Core Dims are

600 x 186 x 76

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Ok, let's have a go at 'Name that Part'...:-D

I have an EA5A Galant V6. I think the nearest Japanese equivalent is the EA5W Legnum ST or 2WD EA5W Legnum ST-R.

I want to know if:

Manifolds and down pipes are available & Prices

Suspension braces (not just strut braces) are available & prices

Upgraded engine mounts price/availability

Upgraded (polyurethane) suspension bushes price/availability

And maybe...

Supercharger or Turbo Kits?!

Improved Intake manifolds?

Erm...

That will do for now!!! :$
    Last edited by Kieran; 26-01-2005 at 05:06 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast