17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

That certainly sounds like a little belter you have there!

I see what look like red brake calipers - are they Brembos? They won't be if you have the VR-4 16" wheels, although they do look like they could be slightly bigger in the picture?

Anyway, a pearl white prefacelift is usually a COTY (Car Of The Year) model - does it have black leather?

EDIT: Just had a look at the earlier pics - no black leather, and what definitely look like 16" wheels. Sounds like it's had some interesting history though! Perhaps you can make it to Eurospec next month - that's the best way to get a good comparison, and also have quite a few expert eyes cast over it, should you wish!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    21-09-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Depends if the civic is gone by then and i can get the mrs persuaded (doesn't really fit with our spending cutback )

Wheels look standard, think the callipers are just painted. If its light enough i'll get some pictures when i get home. Also the engine bay looked flat white so it may have been sprayed before being imported.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

The engine bay is never the same colour as the exterior of the car, so don't worry about that. Just read the paint code off the plate - that'll tell you what colour it is. There's no pressure to run your car on the dyno if you come to Eurospec. Although TBH if you were going to have a day out just for the social side, maybe the 10th meet would be better?

Name
    gary
    Last Online
    21-04-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    1997 legnum vr4

Sounds like a bit of a score that mate! Why is it you can't take it off your drive until you sell the civic?

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    21-09-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Need to keep it insured so people can test drive it, soon as its gone i'll swap it over, or if elephant want a fortune it renews on the 6th anyway

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    09-06-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4/tdi passat

pearl white pfl is where it's at!!! My engine bay is kind of unfinished whitish colour too. Bring it down on the 23rd - there are people who will be able to give you all kinds of info that you won't get elsewhere. You'll stand watching the displays while others run their cars, your mind will start wondering what if?.......and then yours will be on the rollers before you know it!
    Never argue with a fool – they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    21-09-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

I dyno'd my Prelude at a Dorset Japanese Car Club meet about 6 years ago. It's a great experience listening to your own car accellerate to 90mph while stood next to it

Small problem, the driver of the truck had the alarm going off for the first few miles, so turned the ignition on at the start of the 4 1/2 hour trip down, battery is now quite flat but he jumped it so i could just coast it round the block and onto the drive as he couldn't get the flatbed up the road.

Got home this evening, light wasn't with me. Neither was luck, i accidentally set off the toad alarm getting in to the car when i got home, and since the battery is near dead flat it didn't last long. Still chirps a little but no indicator light for the immobiliser......crap, no running it up. Seems the imobiliser has imobilised, but no indicator light flashing.

Googling toad alarms as i type.

Got a few interior pics before my phone battery got low enough it wouldn't let me use the camera, after i found the actual camera battery had run flat too. Bad day for batteries it seems. And by a few i mean 2.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG148_zpsefd687e0.jpg   IMG147_zps97f7681e.jpg  
    Last edited by Deviant; 15-01-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

I'm guessing the TV thing will be useless in the UK anyway, due to the different system used. Definitely won't work without a battery though!!

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    21-09-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Guessed that much Battery is out, I'll try and scrounge a charger from somewhere over the next few days. Hopefully charging it will sort the alarm problem as I have the codes and everything, and the indicator in the battery is showing 'charge' rather than 'ok' or 'replace'.

Just checked the dyno graph date, 2008 so may not be anywhere near what it's running now

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

If it's a small jap battery, then it might as well be a good idea to get a new decent size one?

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    21-09-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

From the looks of it the dealer replaced the battery allready, this one is spotless, and all the labels are still stuck on and unaffected by heat

Same size as a regular battery, 390 amps starting power and 45 amp hours. Can't remember what standard figures are off the top of my head. Makes a good paperweight.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Yep, that looks like standard warm spec battery specs!

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    21-09-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Doh, going to have to go on the list for next month then. Halfrauds trade card will get some use again at least.

Anyone got the specs for their battery handy? Knowing halfords their little flip book will be useless for the VR4.

Also, provided the civic is gone may well be on for hauling up to Guildford on the 23rd. I'll put down closer to the time when i know for definite. Wife might even tag along, she's never seen a rolling road in action. And since was a student in farnborough for 2 years, i think i remember the area well enough to find my way around
    Last edited by Deviant; 15-01-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

A good spec battery is around 550CCA and 60Ah.

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    21-09-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Manda managed to get pictures on her lunch!

Sorry for using photobucket but on my phone. Notice the aerials on the roof at the back, soon as i work out what theyre for i'll probably have them off.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Aerials will almost certainly be for the telly.

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    09-06-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4/tdi passat

looks good - have a look for some clear side repeaters too - so much nicer looking without those orange things.........

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/38030...ype=pla&crdt=0

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    21-09-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Think starting mods are going to be stuff i can do for free/functional stuff. At least until we get enough of our outgoings gone to start frivolous spending again.

Indicators maybe possible soonish as they're cheap. Foglight bracket is loose at the moment and looking pretty tatty, so plan on taking it off ant making a new stainless one at work, that holds it higher up and will probably tuck it under the bumper some more so it's not so obvious. Considered rewiring the tailgate but it's a lot of work, and if i make a new bracket at least i can do it when i'm getting paid

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

The foglight wiring isn't too bad to do if you have the time. My centre two brake/tail lights are wired up so that they also act as the fog lamps.

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    21-09-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Battery has been off the car for two days, and since the two people i asked to borrow a charger yesterday forgot, and i'm not doing overtime due to snow, i braved the 'arctic conditions' and headed down to halfords to grab a battery charger (saved £9 on tradecard too!)

On charge now, and while i was waiting i decided to check my policy docs for insurance. Found out it's march 6th not feb 6th it ends BUT i also found i have 3 years no claims allready, not 2 as i thought. Quick check on compare the meerkat turned up nothing, then i realised i'd typed the wrong word and went to compare the market, much better, and gives me an idea of what i can expect next month when i start looking. The extra year of no claims (4 not 3) has brought my quotes down from £700-800 to £290!

Well chuffed to say the least

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast