Richie
    Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    '97 legnum MT

how much attention do you get?

im not talking about chavs wanting a race or bmw drivers thinking their car is superior to everything. i mean in general. car drivers, pedestrians, whoever. i have noticed in the last few days that i get a LOT of attention from just about everyone even people walking past my home. i dont know if its admiration, curiosity or mabye even fear but something about the car is grabbing peoples attention and thats without the new super loud BOV committing geriatric genocide when i pass bus stops. i know these are rare and very aggressive looking with a FL front end but most people mistake them for EVOs (especially with a vented bonnet) which are common so why all the interest?
    1998 2.0 GLS>1999 2.4 GDI>2001 2.5 sport>1997 VR4 + 2000 2.5 sport
    1997 legnum (manual)
    CUSCO rear strut brace
    BILSTEIN springs on uprated shocks
    3" S/S downpipes and exhaust
    induction kit
    EVO V RS transfer box
    EVO VIII brembos
    HEL brake lines
    V6 sport interior
    laser cut engine cover
    GRP EVO style bonnet
    18" inovite redlines
    HKS SSQV
    2003 Mazda 6 2.0 TS estate

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

A lot!

I get plenty of long looks when on the motorway. People craning their necks to get a good look.

Had a few people ask about the car when at petrol stations. Usually get a response like 'wow, never seen one'. Had one kid a few years ago ask about it and when I said it was running 300hp, his jaw hit the floor. He was a new driver and just got his first car and loved the likes of the Golf GTi, Megane Sport etc. After a quick chat with me I think I tuned him to the world of Jap power cars. Suggested there are much better options from Japan that look better and give better power.
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    14-09-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum vr4 type

Same here, always people lurking and watching,lots tend to give it the walkround. Think maybe it's the same reason we love them, aggressive looks and stance. Was looking at mine as it got dark the other evening thinkig that it always seems to be lurking ready to pounce!!!

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    26-07-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    UK VR4 4dr Auto

With anti-lag, lots
    Possibly the only VR4 that was driven by the current owner before being registered..... & it's a UK car

Name
    nigel
    Last Online
    23-12-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    black l200

None as i dont look to see if anyone is looking even at traffic lights i dont look at whats beside me anymore just floor it off the line to get in front

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    26-07-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    UK VR4 4dr Auto

Quote Originally Posted by exevoowner View Post
    None as i dont look to see if anyone is looking even at traffic lights i dont look at whats beside me anymore just floor it off the line to get in front
    T5?

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    04-08-2023
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    '96 Galant VR-4

Quite a bit. Especially with all the poping & banging mine does when i lift off. (Potential flames once the Td04's are on)

Almost caused an old woman to crash her car today in Aberdeen, driving up North Anderson Dr shifted from 2nd to 3rd and the dump vlv went off right next to her open window. Ooops! Wasn't intentional, was just making progress through traffic.
    '96 Galant VR4 manual
    Uprated intercooler
    Siebon Carbon bonnet
    Carbon roof
    Custom 3" straight through Exhaust
    Tein Super Wagon coilovers
    BBS alloys
    Mintex 1155's
    Hell braided break hoses
    Gizzmo IBC
    DE-restricted
    Dump vlv.
    Td04's
    Custom exhaust manifolds
    Custom 2.5 - 3" downpipes
    Custom intake pipework
    Twin filter set-up
    Vipec ECU
    SARD FPR
    RC Racing 550cc injectors
    Modified fuel rail
    HRC HR342 fuel pump (340lph)
    Relocated battery
    A/C removed
    Slim push fans x2

'97 Legnum vr4
    Evo Enki's
    Custom cat back exhaust
    HKS mushroom filter
    De-restricted
    Brembo's on front
    Now breaking for spares

More to come, eventually.

Name
    Rikki
    Last Online
    26-01-2021
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4/350Z/Focus

Quote Originally Posted by Kryton View Post
    With anti-lag, lots
    I love playing with the anti-lag at lights

One night I got pulled over by plod, everything was in order and I wasn't speeding so had no idea why he pulled me. He walked up to the car and said 'are you English?' My confused reply was 'yes'. He then asked if the car was mine and again I said yes. His next comment was 'so what the hell is it then? It comes up on the pnc as Legnum, what the hells one of them?'

We then chatted for a few minutes and I educated him a little then we went our seperate ways. One of my more pleasant encounters with plod I must say.

Name
    Jay
    Last Online
    03-05-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    98 Legnum VR4

I had the local cops in an insignia vxr today chatting to me bout the vr4, asking would I be up for a race sometime lol

Name
    gary
    Last Online
    21-04-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    1997 legnum vr4

Mibe gets very little attention with its stock wheels and quiet exhaust. Only the eagle eyed that spot the bigger aftermarket FMIC start looking round it! I leave the attention seeking to the poppy-bangy astra vxr brigade of which there are many around here, all of which get thoroughly slapped by my nondescript 17 year old estate car!

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    09-12-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR2,VR4+Mazda6

The VR2 gets it's fair share of attention. It seems ever since I fitted the vented front fenders it's even more. I don't mind, actually, seeing how rarely you see a Galant over here, I like it to have people wonder why they all drive their boring euro cars

Name
    Sean
    Last Online
    16-03-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum VR4

i dont think i get much, legnums arent exactly rare over here, but, out of the people who have commented, its all praise, accept for one chick, we arent friends anymore lol, i wouldnt be surprised if my bov turns heads though, and the exhaust aswell, dont know how much the neighbours like me warming up the car at 6am lol

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    15-03-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    8G VR4 + Colt

The exhaust on my car gets the most attention, as it's quite a low tone and really rumbles. The house rattles when I turn the car on in the morning, and it wouldn't surprise me if it pisses off the neighbours - they haven't said anything yet though. It also sets off every single car alarm in the street and in carpark buildings you can hear it reverberating through the floors.
    The Legnum and Galants are quite plentiful over here so you see them round all the time.

Name
    Sean
    Last Online
    16-03-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum VR4

im glad i havent had any attention from the police, in the 17ish months ive had the car, nice change from being pulled over if a cop so much as saw my last car at night when i had my last car

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    14-09-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum vr4 type

OK just found out they get attention and special treatment in car parks. Came face to face with a chav ricer civic in the local car park.No great rush so waved him to go for the space,which he refused point blank to do. On my way to get the ticket heard his mate ask why he hadn't gone for the space. Answer given? 'It's a Legnum mate, they need respect' Try and avoid being smug as a general rule,this time though let the waves of smugness wash over me!!

Name
    Richie
    Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    '97 legnum MT

i never get pulled although i did have one stop in the middle of the road as we were pulling right out of not quite opposite roads on an industrial estate. 4am on a saturday morning and i was heading home from work. there was a big crack running along the middle of the main road so as i turned right i crossed it slowly while a cop van was turning right from an almost opposite road. he stopped but i dont think he said anything (my windows were closed) so i just carried on expecting to see him do a U turn and come after me. he didnt and off we both went so i can only assume he was checking my car out. i get a lot of cops looking but they clearly dont see the car as being illegal

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Nube View Post
    OK just found out they get attention and special treatment in car parks. Came face to face with a chav ricer civic in the local car park.No great rush so waved him to go for the space,which he refused point blank to do. On my way to get the ticket heard his mate ask why he hadn't gone for the space. Answer given? 'It's a Legnum mate, they need respect' Try and avoid being smug as a general rule,this time though let the waves of smugness wash over me!!
    Can't be helped!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.