Last Online
    27-12-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    00' Leg VR4-S

gear lever problem

Hello,

I will explain my problem in English and French because my English is too basic and google translate will be incomprehensible, if a charitable soul and bilingual passes by and can expose this problem in proper English I am grateful!

My vehicle:

Legnum VR4 Type S Facelift 2000 68000 miles auto box

2 days after get stereo (including a station 2 din) in a garage I had the following problem:

- By moving the shift lever to D the vehicle is not moving, the more light the lamp D and R are on the counter and the "beep beep" reverse is heard.
    - In passing mode tiptronic nothing changes the problem is the same and the car not moving
    - In R mode everything is fine and the car back

Positive, playing with the gear lever for 10 minutes usually, by passing from N to D speed snaps and so good the car ahead and five reports work perfectly despite the lights R & D and beep reverse are always present.
    BUT do not touch the lever while driving because if I should start over and replay the shifter until the first gear snaps.

No mechanical noise, color and perfect oil and I think more an electronic problem level.

So I removed the base of the gear lever and I discovered a wire broken leg.

Metal tab with a small "roll" at the end which was used as a guide and placed in four notches depending on the position of the lever P / R / N / D but I do not see any switch connected to this leg.

I will very soon pictures to help explain my problem. Have you ever had such a problem? Any help is welcome!

thank you

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Bonjour,

Je vais expliquer mon problème en français car mon anglais est trop basique et google translate sera incompréhensible, si une âme charitable et bilingue passe par lÃ* et peut exposer le problème suivant dans un anglais correct je lui serai reconnaissant!

Mon véhicule:

Legnum VR4 type S Facelift année 2000 68000 miles boîte auto

2 jours après avoir fait monter une sono complète (notamment un poste 2 din) dans un garage j'ai eu le problème suivant:

- En positionnant le levier de vitesse sur D le véhicule n'avance pas, de plus le voyant D ainsi que le voyant R du compteur sont allumés ainsi que le "bip bip" de marche arrière se fait entendre.
    - En passant en mode tiptronic rien ne change le problème est le même et la voiture n'vance pas
    - En mode R tout va bien et la voiture recule

Point positif, en jouant avec le levier de vitesse pendant 10 min généralement, en le passant de N Ã* D la vitesse s'enclenche et lÃ* tout va bien la voiture avance et les 5 rapports fonctionnent parfaitement malgré que les voyants R et D ainsi que le bip de marche arrière soient toujours présent.
    MAIS interdiction de toucher au levier pendant un trajet car sinon je devrais recommencer l'opération et rejouer avec le levier de vitesse jusqu'Ã* ce que la 1ère s'enclenche.

Aucun bruit mécanique, couleur et niveau d'huile parfait et je pense plus Ã* un problème electronique.

J'ai donc démonté la base du levier de vitesse et j'y ai découvert une patte métallique cassée.

Patte métallique avec un petit "rouleau" au bout qui devait servir de guide et se placée dans 4 crans en fonction de la position du levier P/R/N/D mais je ne vois aucun contacteur relié Ã* cette patte.

Je ferai des photos très prochainement afin de faciliter l'explication de mon problème. Avez vous déja eu un tel problème? Toute aide est la bienvenue!

Merci

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

It sounds like it could be the inhibitor switch.

The gear selector cable is attached to the inhibitor switch at the gearbox end of the cable. As the cable moves the switch, different electrical connections are made as well as some mechanical ones. It could be that the electrical connections are not changing the same as the mechanical ones?

The thing that worries me is that you say it started at the same time as having a new stereo fitted. How have they wired the stereo in? As far as I know the only electrical connections on the gear lever are the tiptronic microswitches, three in total. But the stereo is close to the gearbox ecu....

Name
    nigel
    Last Online
    23-12-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    black l200

If i read it right it only started happen after stereo was fitted from what iv read its sound like they have forced the leave back without the key in brakeing the selector switch like you said nick

Name
    Anthony
    Last Online
    27-12-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    00' Leg VR4-S

The two websites don't ship in France.

A member could buy these two items and deliver me if I give him a bank transfer please?

1) INHIBITOR SWITCH:

http://www.livingstonautoparts.co.uk/Single-Part.aspx?GID=ADE^ADC47203^13615^EMFI-FU^IHSW

2) GEARL LEVEL:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MITSUBISHI...item3ccd608dca

OR

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-Mitsu...item4aaee8c4e0

Fitting available for my car? FL model!

Name
    Anthony
    Last Online
    27-12-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    00' Leg VR4-S

The problem is solved! This was indeed the inhibitor switch.

Thank you to everyone who helped me!

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

glad you got it sorted

Bye for Now!

Name
    nigel
    Last Online
    23-12-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    black l200

Was a long winded process but glad you got there in the end club vr4 to the rescue again lol