Hey all, my name is Brian and I recently just picked up a 1999 VR4. This is a whole new venture to me but im doing a lot of searching and really am falling in love with the car. So my story is that I am actually from New York USA, But I am in graduate school in St Kitts, needed a car for when I got down here and of course I couldn't get a regular POS! I found a pretty low KM(right around 84,000km) VR4 from a local guy to the island. He changed out the clutch for me to an Exedy stage 3 6 puck, and recently put on a bigger intercooler. Besides that its basically stock down to the airbox. My questions are What are modest upgrades(student budget) that I could do to spice it up. Not looking to do turbos. Any ECU stuff that can be done? Also what is the deal with boost cut in this car at like 5k RPM, been reading about that but what is the remedy. I have a theory that a missing pipe may be causing this but im not sure because it doesn't always cut on me. There is a missing pipe that looks like it goes from the recirculating valve back to an intake pipe. Also Is there a known Intercooler pipe upgrade because this set up scares me, Seeing that main rubber hose suck in dramatically under load and having it clamped to another rubber hose could be the site of boost leaks. I am no stranger to boosted cars, or twin turbos for that matter, Back home in New York I have a 600HP 300zx Twin Turbo, built by myself. Its a real head turner, dumped my heart and soul into that one, not looking to go as crazy but I like adding my own touch to the car I own that's all. Also I have an intermittent ABS light that comes on. Not sure what that's about either. Any and all input would be appreciated, I am going to post pictures as soon as I figure that out on here because every forum is different lol. Thank you for letting me into this great online community. Cheers!

-Brian