(Mods, I wasn't sure if it was better in Parts for Sale / Cars for Sale or General Car Chat, please move if required)

(I'll add pics tomorrow with more specific information)

I have a '96 Manual Legnum, I bought it around march/april last year and drove it back from Cornwall to Surrey, 2 days later I had a slow speed collision into the rear of a merc, The damage was light, it pushed back the front member, broke the lights and centre plastic and bent the bonnet on the crumble zone.

I decided to repair this and ordered a front member from Germany, drilled out the existing and had it welded in. replaced the bonnet and lights and the car was presentable once more. This was end of August by now, it was a weekend toy so there was no urgency. I then insured and taxed the car once more and drove it to JAE (Sept '15). On the the car developed a misfire, I drove it back and it continued to get worse. When I parked it back on the drive and investigated I found that the #3 spark plug had destroyed itself and the earth (or at least the centre bit of the plug) was swallowed by the engine. The car has been parked up since. I bought another '96 legnum (this one an auto) with the intention of converting it to manual but TBH, for my requirements the Autobox is perfect.

So, I have available, A '96 Manual Legnum VR4. What I don't have is alot of technical knowledge or time. With that in mind, I'm looking for an idea of value. Would anyone be interested in buying it complete and either replacing the engine, or taking the gearbox for themselves and breaking the car to return some of their costs?

I'll get some pics up later today/tomrrow and confirm mileage etc, The MOT expired Jan '16

Thanks for reading.

Stuart