Thread: Newbie to car scene please be patient! ;)

Name
    Jamie
    Last Online
    18-08-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    8g vr4 galant

Thumbs up Newbie to car scene please be patient! ;)

Hi all,
    Just bought myself my first half decent car which is a Galant VR4 TT 2.5 V6 2000.
    I don't know a lot about performance cars so please be patient with me for asking a lot of stupid questions.
    I have had my Galant for just over a week now and I love it, shame it's a auto but beggars can't be choosers!

Thanks
    Mayday

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Hi and welcome to the forum Jamie!

You will find a huge wealth of information here regarding the Galant, and plenty of technical articles you will have access to if you become a full paid up member. It'll be the best money you spend on the car, especially as a non car person, as you'll have step-by-step guides to doing a lot of common (and some obscure) tasks, which you would otherwise need to pay other people to do!

One thing to bear in mind, is that, no matter how much you actually paid, this is a high performance car, costing over £30,000 when new, and has running costs to match. Regular and proper servicing is vitally important, as is using the correct things such as spark plugs, oil and fuel. Proper servicing will save you money in the long run. Skimping on servicing will cost you much more than the difference in price between incorrect and correct parts does!

We may be biased, but you've bought one of the most underrated performance cars out there - many of us are still here because there is nothing that suits us better than a VR-4, even if we could afford something newer!!

Don't be afraid to ask - and also don't be offended if we tell you to search or point you in the direction of an article - the club is over 12 years old now, so there is a huge collection of information already here - and it's often better for us to show you something that's had time and effort put into writing it already, than re-writing it ourselves!!

I'm not sure where in the country you are, but we are looking at organising a rolling road day shortly - this is an ideal opportunity to meet some enthusiastic owners, ask many questions, and even have any little niggles you've found dealt with - some of us go purely for the opportunity to get our hands dirty and help out people and share our combined knowledge - the club has a fantastic spirit, and these meets bring out the best!

Hope to see you around for a long time!

Name
    Gareth
    Last Online
    04-06-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2001 Galant VR4

Half decent?? Enjoy her mate and welcome you should find all the help/info you need on here. Some good advice above to get you started. Happy driving

Name
    john
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    galant VR4-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Thumbs up