Nicki
    Last Online
    28-07-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Two Legnum VR4s

Hello from Tyne & Wear

Hello, my name is Nicki and I am from Jarrow in Tyne and Wear. I introduced myself a year ago on here when I purchased my Legnum VR4 but I cannot remember my username, email or password so I have had to make another account. Anyway, I just thought I would introduce myself and also get straight to the point in asking for some advice as that is mainly why I am here! I have been searching for parts for my Legnum since day one and so far, I haven't been able to find them or I have missed out due to another buyer. I look on eBay a lot for any cars that are being broken for spares or repair but I am always out of luck for finding what it is I am after! I was hoping someone may be able to help me! What is mostly important I find first is a replacement exhaust system and flex pipe. Mine is corroding away and has so many holes in it. I just really want to get it completely replaced! I am also trying my luck on finding a new windscreen! I know this is a difficult job to remove and post out but I would rather ask such a stupid question to see if anyone can do this as it saves me buying one from a Mitsubishi garage for a quoted £450+ replacement! Now for the not so important parts. I have been looking for a driver side wind deflector. My dog decided to jump out the window one day and smash mine off! If anyone can help, I would much appreciate it! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Nicki xx

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Hi Nicki, and welcome back!

@fassi1 fabricates and sells brand new stainless steel downpipes for a very reasonable price - cheaper than a new one from Mitsubishi, and bigger, to help with getting extra power out of the car!

Ebay probably isn't the best place to get parts from, putting up Wanted posts here in the For Sale/Wanted section will give you the best results, and a definitive response, rather than taking a risk on Ebay! People such as @zedy1 and @Ralliart1 amongst many others always have plenty of parts available, and often respond to Wanted threads very quickly!

Windscreen wise, via your insurance company is usually the cheapest way to get hold of a new windscreen for more obscure cars like ours - especially if it's got a nice crack in it, which can be a major safety issue. Removing from a used car can be very difficult without damaging it, and shipping is also a hassle.

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    25-04-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Legumina

Hi!

Windscreens are directly compatible with the standard N/A Galant. Only thing you lose is the tinted strip bit at the top. Just check with any windscreen repair shop and tell them you have a Galant.
    The more you know, the faster you can go. And I still don't know enough.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Not much to say after Garry! Good luck finding what you are looking for.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    25-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

most insurance companies have a limit to what they will pay out on a windscreen claim and it is about £300 well it is with my insurance.

if you have a cold spec car with heating elements in the lower part of the screen for the defrosting the wiperblades, the windscreen is a order only part from mitsi Japan and cost about £500-£600. So check the price before making an isurance claim for the wind screen. If you are not bothered about the heating elements in the screen then yes any uk spec 8G non VR4 galant windscreen will fit.

you can get a windscreen company to remove a screen from a scrap car for about £25 best way is a wire rope type removal tool. Then you will have to pay for fitting about £50.
    well that is what i paid when i replaced my windscreen.

Bye for Now!

Name
    Piers
    Last Online
    04-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4 + BMW 335

I'm not too sure where Admiral at least stand on this.

They have replaced the windscreen in my dads VW Phaeton W12 twice now without complaint. It took autoglass 2 weeks to source one from Germany and I would imagine its a very expensive part as the phaeton is so rare.

Only ever paid the £75 excess.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    25-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

i was with Adrian flux at the time, they told me they have a limit of £300 on windscreen replacement, anything above that the policy hold has to pay, on top of the excess they pay. But they might have changed the policy they provide now, you would have to read the small print.

you only find out how good an insurance policy is when you make a claim on it.

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    22-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4

Hi,
    Windscreen cover limits, excesses etc do vary from company to company. some of our schemes do have restrictions but a number do offer unlimited cover.
    Regards,
    Dan.