Thread: Would anyone be interested in buying a LHD Mitsubishi Eclipse(LHD)?

Name
    Stefan
    Last Online
    01-04-2024
    Country
    Other

Would anyone be interested in buying a LHD Mitsubishi Eclipse(LHD)?

Hello all,

Now I know that this is a VR-4 forum, but you guys here seem to be quite active and I could not find a better Mitsubishi-related forum in the UK, so I figured why not pitch here.

I want to see if anyone would be interested in buying my car, as I want to raise money for another one. I should mention that the car is not yet in the UK, but I will be driving it across Europe in June and bringing it over here.

It's a 1996 model, with AC, disc brakes, ABS, front-wheel drive and the naturally-aspirated 4G63 engine with a 10:1 compression ratio. Thus it's the same engine you'd find in the EVOs 1 to 3, but without the snail. It's rated 110 kW at the crank.

By the time I get it over to the UK it will have 115000 miles, with minimal rust and wear. The biggest cosmetic issue right now is a small dent on the front right fender, but I will be fixing it shortly. It is also due for a complete cambelt change which I will be doing in a few days. So there will be full documentation of its service history (ever since I've had it).

Again, this is not necessarily a "For Sale" thread, but I would like to know if anyone would want to buy a car like this. I'd preferably want 1500 for it, but we could negotiate if there is serious interest.

I'll attach a few pictures. (Note that the black line around the car on the bumpers and side skirts is plasti dip, which can easily be removed.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Humpty's Revenge; 13-05-2016 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Adding coloured prefix & moved to correct area

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    25-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EC5W

It is my dream car and was reading this with my heart almost exploded, until I find out its not GSX, ifd it were I would log in to my bank NOW, good luck with sale and I think it wouldn't take long to sell such a gem, even it this 'basic' trim
    His FL Legnum VR4 running 238.8 ATW HP and 500Nm @1.05 bar on LPG
    Hers PFL Legnum VR4 COTY see here for full story
    Looking for AMSoil? click here

living in north west?
    would you like to meet with other VR4 fanatics?
    click here

My recent and ex Mitsubishi's

Name
    Stefan
    Last Online
    01-04-2024
    Country
    Other

I completely understand. The GSX has always been the most sought-after trim because of obvious reasons. For what it's worth, the chassis are all the same on all trims and it can be converted to AWD if you source the diff, the rear frame and some custom fabrication.

The engine itself is full of potential and just as good as the turbo one, in terms of durability. Let's see who else may show some interest

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    25-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EC5W

Yeah everything can be done/converted/upgraded If it pops up 10 years back when there was no kids/house to look after than I would not think twice, now though getting to old/lazy/busy to mess with conversions ect.
    Wonder how hard it would be to register it in UK and insure it, I think it may be fairly easy and cheap as it could be insure as classic, not sure reg wise.