Thread: 1989 E39A VR4, new to the forum.

Name
    rory
    Last Online
    06-02-2017
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    1989 E39A VR4

1989 E39A VR4, new to the forum.

Hi to all VR4 fans like me, i have an awesome 1989 E39A Galant VR4. It's a rediculously clean, RUST FREE, lightly modded example of japanese awesomeness. The best bit is ( for you guys anyway ) that it is for sale.
    1989 E39A Galant VR4 turbo. Full time 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steer, 4 wheel abs, variable centre differential, basically an upmarket evo with extras like the variable diff and 4 wheel steer. The paint is not perfect but apart from one front wing which appears to have been painted at some point it is all original and in great condition for 27 years old. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO RUST ANYWHERE. I have been all over, and under, this thing and it is spotless, sills, inner arches etc all clean and rust free. It has GAB suspension , adjustable top mounts, cat back stainless steel exhaust, magnesium OZ chronos alloy wheels, HKS air filter, the list goes on. The interior has recaro front seats, ralliart gear knob, extra gauges, turbo timer...... even has a cb radio. It has done 118,000 kms and is in north ayrshire scotland and available to view and inspect anytime. Please contact for more information.
    It is advertised on gumtree, carandclassic and auto4you. If anybody is interested please contact me as this really is the one you want, if i can figure out how to resize the pictures I will add more but i'm no good with computers i'm afraid and only one of them seems to upload.
    I hope to pass the car on to a proper enthusiast as its too good to waste and almost a shame to put it on the horrible british roads.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160610_193815[1].jpg  

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    Other
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by rorygtr View Post
    Hi to all VR4 fans like me, i have an awesome 1989 E39A Galant VR4. It's a rediculously clean, RUST FREE, lightly modded example of japanese awesomeness. The best bit is ( for you guys anyway ) that it is for sale.
    1989 E39A Galant VR4 turbo. Full time 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steer, 4 wheel abs, variable centre differential, basically an upmarket evo with extras like the variable diff and 4 wheel steer. The paint is not perfect but apart from one front wing which appears to have been painted at some point it is all original and in great condition for 27 years old. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO RUST ANYWHERE. I have been all over, and under, this thing and it is spotless, sills, inner arches etc all clean and rust free. It has GAB suspension , adjustable top mounts, cat back stainless steel exhaust, magnesium OZ chronos alloy wheels, HKS air filter, the list goes on. The interior has recaro front seats, ralliart gear knob, extra gauges, turbo timer...... even has a cb radio. It has done 118,000 kms and is in north ayrshire scotland and available to view and inspect anytime. Please contact for more information.
    It is advertised on gumtree, carandclassic and auto4you. If anybody is interested please contact me as this really is the one you want, if i can figure out how to resize the pictures I will add more but i'm no good with computers i'm afraid and only one of them seems to upload.
    I hope to pass the car on to a proper enthusiast as its too good to waste and almost a shame to put it on the horrible british roads.

Rory

Question for you though if you don't mind, are you just here to sell your car or are you here to contribute within the club

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    14-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Scooby thing..
    My Garage
    Visit

You need more pictures to help the sale...

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

@foxdie are you still looking for one of these?

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

@Confused yep been talking with Rory , I am interested but waiting for a friend to buy the ute

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Have questions about performance upgrades and ECU tuning? Before PM'ing me, Check this thread first
    Please support CVR4 & become a Full member, you get a full years access to guides, games, chat & much more!

Name
    rory
    Last Online
    06-02-2017
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    1989 E39A VR4

I came for info originally as i didn't know too much about them when i bought it other than it was the daddy of the evo, as rare as they come, and spotless. Not to mention the awesome retro jap mods and styling. I bought a 4x4 colt too for an evo conversion, idea being that i drive the VR4 while building the colt, messed up the costs etc though and now i cant afford to keep the VR4. Don't want to sell but i have to. Other than my car i'm not to sure what i can contribute, first forum i have joined and don't know a lot about legnums or galants. always loved my jap imports though and have had loads. Also crap with computers, this took nearly twenty minutes and still don't know how to compress the pictures of the car to even post them on here. I hope that helps.

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    09-12-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR2,VR4+Mazda6

Welcome Rory. Looking forward to some pics too