Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    17-11-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ra99iart Legnum

Ok guys, Scenario is...... Ive always fancied owning an evo x and i think ive found one that fulfills my criteria. Which now means all repairs needed on my type S ralliart cold pack leggy have been put on hold. So do i sell on complete vehicle with bits to add or break her up Things to do Fit nearside front wing Fit ayc pump Replace rocker gaskets I have brembos with discs and a set of lexus 18's rims sitting in the shed. She currently has a Seibon carbon bonnet on at the mo, i have got a fl oem bonnet primered but not top coated in the shed as well. Decisions decisions....
    Last edited by markysparky; 19-07-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Name
    Rikki
    Last Online
    26-01-2021
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4/350Z/Focus

That al depends on your end game and resources I suppose.

Do you have the space, time and tools to dismantle the car and store bits until they are sold? You will more than likely get more for the bits than if you sold the car as a whole but this will be in dribs and drabs as opposed to all in one. Unless of course the car is in mint condition aside from the bits that need doing then it may be worth selling whole.

Do you NEED the cash or not? In a rush to free up space or get rid of the car/bits?

All questions you need to be asking yourself. Personally if I had a Legnum that was surplus to requirements and I had no intention of driving it I would put it up for sale if in a saleable condition. If I was in a rush for money I would be more inclined to sell whole. If I didnt need to worry about the cash or the car wasnt in the best shape then I would definitely consider breaking it if I could find the space to store all the parts until sold and had the right tools and time to strip.

Tough decision but one only you can make. Im sure you wouldnt find it difficult to find buyers for most of the big bits especially the bonnet.

Good luck whichever route you go down.

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    17-11-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ra99iart Legnum

Thank you Ernie that about sums it up I think realistically it would be more convenient to sell as is and bundle in all the associated parts. Then the future purchaser can then decide on wether to pursue in repairs or strip. I think it would be sacrilege to part it out as its still got potential. In the last year £1100 on welding rear inner and outer sills. Just replaced rear shock turret tops. Auto box is still solid (always kept a close eye on fluid condition) as people have mentioned the autos were a bit weak. Replaced front bumper and one fog light. Red front grills. Other little touches..... Amped alpine audio throughout 3 white dialled ralliart gauges (below radio) Utcomp in clock provision Flappy paddles from evo x on steering column for tiptronic So i best get my finger out and get some photos
    Oh and the engine is standard no major mods, just a t piece in for turbo gauge, and a forge r dump valve.
    Last edited by markysparky; 20-07-2016 at 01:56 PM.

Name
    Rikki
    Last Online
    26-01-2021
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4/350Z/Focus

Definitely sounds like its the best idea to sell as a whole then as you say the new owner can make a decision from there but certainly seems like a shame to break it.

How do you find the flappy paddles? You got them fixed to the column or the wheel?

Got a slightly different idea about paddles for mine but I need to investigate if my idea would work in a VR4

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    17-11-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ra99iart Legnum

Quote Originally Posted by Erni902 View Post
    Definitely sounds like its the best idea to sell as a whole then as you say the new owner can make a decision from there but certainly seems like a shame to break it. How do you find the flappy paddles? You got them fixed to the column or the wheel? Got a slightly different idea about paddles for mine but I need to investigate if my idea would work in a VR4
    It feels like a different animal Ernie, hanging out the revs on each shift, certainly feels more energetic. Much more user friendly on paddles than the gear lever.
    Ive mounted on column as i didnt want to go with the whole clockspring rigmarole. Plus ive got the feel i know where the paddles are even if the steering wheel is rotated.

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    17-11-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ra99iart Legnum

Ok so some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by markysparky; 20-07-2016 at 07:36 PM.

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    17-11-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ra99iart Legnum

So i think shes got to be worth £2000 with a quantity of spare bits and pieces?

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    25-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EC5W

I think its worth 2k+ in this shape, looks decent to me, and there's not many for sale ATM so I would rather sell whole car for 2k than break it for ages and MAY get 1.5k for parts.
    His FL Legnum VR4 running 238.8 ATW HP and 500Nm @1.05 bar on LPG
    Hers PFL Legnum VR4 COTY see here for full story
    Looking for AMSoil? click here

living in north west?
    would you like to meet with other VR4 fanatics?
    click here

My recent and ex Mitsubishi's