As promised to previous owner I open this thread to document history of 'green duck that become white swan'

Story so far, @<a href="http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/member.php?u=69380" target="_blank">Guigsy</a> want to get rid of his car as its fail mot and was stood for too long, under the tree, and become eyesore for neighbours. He listed it there and when I seen this ad let alone wheels and wind deflectors was a deal breaker to me and whatever left its a bonus. So I reserved it and paid same day, arrange collection over the weekend and here we are, car its in my garage waiting to be rebuilt.

I arrange few mates to come over upon car arrival to help me push it back in to garage, so flatbed came drop duck here and we come around to see whats what and here is what we see

20160925_154752 (Medium).jpg20160925_154756 (Medium).jpg20160925_154801 (Medium).jpg20160925_154808 (Medium).jpg

So some say lets pop the bonet and see if it will start, as current batter is copletelly dead so plug in jump pack and this happen

https://youtu.be/T2mfYkJD078

It was a bit of a shock as its been stood for soo long it has cobwebs all over, so yeah advertised as 'non runner' actually run, great to be misled that way, for a change.

So i reverse it back to garage but then I realise that I will not stand and look at this green ****e all over and decide to do first run with clay bay, do a panel a day few passes with a clay bar should bring this pearl back to life, how wrong I was, All what you see on pictures below has been done by crappy little pressure washer quick pass with plain water

20160925_155831 (Medium).jpg20160925_155834 (Medium).jpg

So yes, car overall its in great condition, its not rotten much under, wheel arches and strut towers are good, it will definitely not be scraped. Paint job its unmarked without any dents as the black leather and whole interior is in good shape. Only bonnet needs respray so its great opportunity to fit FL bonnet and grill/light areas needs a bit of massage to line up properly again. Will post all pictures later as I was focused to wash it yesterday and didn't think about photos.

Plan is to change all fluids for a start, so it can be taken for test drive and then sort out MOT, change cam belt, and there's is the biggest challenge, convince my Mrs that its perfect car for her, get rid of her soulless mazda and keep this instead. Cant get better than have His and Hers Leggys, black/white, auto/man to chose from every day, can it?

Will keep this thread running and share another chapters with this, so far great, story.