Rikki
    Last Online
    26-01-2021
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4/350Z/Focus

Club VR-4 15th Anniversary Ideas

Hey guys, now yes this a way away yet but will no doubt fly past. Next year marks the 15th Anniversary of Club VR-4 and I am wondering if this would be something that people would like to celebrate. Regardless of how long you have been here and whether you even own a VR4 anymore or not, members both past and present will be welcome.

If there are enough people that fancy this then I will work to get something organised.

We did this for the 10th Anniversary back in 2013 and it was a fantastic event. Well from what I can remember it was anyway. It brought together the entire club over a whole weekend and it was great to meet so many new faces etc.

Now for those who would be interested in a meet, what kind of things would you like to do? I expect this to be the same kind of format as the 10th so basically we get a hotel block booked for everyone with a section of the car park reserved just for VR-4's. We would then use this as our base camp and for the evening meal and activities etc. Again this would probably start on the Friday evening for those coming from afar and end on the Sunday when everyone is bored of each other or cars lol.

Now the 10th anniversary had daytime events on the Saturday just in the car park of the hotel. This gave the opportunity for those turning up on the Saturday to get there and get booked in and off load bags etc. On the Sunday we had the sprint circuit of Curborough to ourselves where we participated in a light hearted friendly lap time competition. There was a group photo that took hoouurrss to arrange but my god was it worth it, a fantastic club photo and well organised.

So what I would like from you guys is examples of what kind of things to get up whether its going for a planned convoy drive or staying in the hotel car park I want ideas of how to pass the time without people being bored.

Now I have a ton of ideas myself and I am actually already in contact with several hosts to come up with an idea of costs etc for various events. Obviously I am more drawn to somewhere fairly central so it wont be too far for people to come. Obviously Bognor Regis would be no good for the Scottish members and Strathy is no good for...well anyone really.

Having said that Goodwood is one of the places I have been in contact with and so far have been the most helpful.

Anyway, post up below if you would be interested in celebrating this as a Club and fire some ideas off no matter how wacky they may be

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EC5W

Im in, obviously, and may persuade my Mrs to come too with her VR4, to make nr up.

The venue? of course it must be a weekend on Nurburgring, booked at least 5* hotel and ring just for members with all incl bar, pools, live bands and huge firework display.

But lets be real, I will be impress if there's more than 20 cars attend so in that case I think realistic thing would be to merge it with some car show, Japfest seems fairly popular so we may do it big time next year? And something extra day b4 (Saturday?) just to keep things simple. Sorry if that sound a bit pessimistic but taking in to account recent activity on this forum is the way thing go im afraid.
    His FL Legnum VR4 running 238.8 ATW HP and 500Nm @1.05 bar on LPG
    Hers PFL Legnum VR4 COTY see here for full story
    Looking for AMSoil? click here

living in north west?
    would you like to meet with other VR4 fanatics?
    click here

My recent and ex Mitsubishi's

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

I'm always up for a big meet.

If it is something that is going to be fun and/or gathers interest and momentum then I will be in!

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    27-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

I will be attending this time after i had to pull out last time.

as long as there is some kind of track action i will be happy. either some drag racing at santa pod or tight sprint trace, or classic track racing. even if it is part of another organised event like japfest japfestII or any other event we can make it a ClubVR4 big event.

i wonder how much it would be to hire 3 sisters. i know it is not exactly central but maybe.

Bye for Now!

Name
    Rikki
    Last Online
    26-01-2021
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4/350Z/Focus

I know what you mean Adam but hopefully by starting it early and including everyone, whether they are in VR-4's or not, we stand a good chance of getting a decent turnout. Although there may be only a handful of actual VR-4's I am sure plenty of people will be interested for the social aspect.

Nick and Dave, I do intend on adding some kind of fun activities etc and I have actually been in contact with 3-sisters already so just trying to get an idea of different costs etc.

If track action of some kind is favourable then I will contact a whole load of venues to see what we can get at what prices. The easiest would be an event that people are already attending and has set dates etc but I feel this may also takeaway the feeling of celebration and may get lost amongst the hosted event.

Not dismissing it, just my feelings. Open mind as always.

Name
    Rikki
    Last Online
    26-01-2021
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4/350Z/Focus

Just spoken with a Hill Climb venue and they can pretty much lay a whole weekend on for us. They are going to put together a customised quote for various options but onsite catering etc will be included. More detail to follow.

Name
    Colin
    Last Online
    31-05-2022
    Country
    England
    Car
    Galant vr4

I'm in, not too worried where it is, I'm sure my brother and his gf will come as well as another friend, who both where at the 10th event. I would love some sort of track action, I would also love my car to be working well at the same time lol.
    I do like the Idea of "the ring" but I think costs will be prohibitive.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    27-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Erni902 View Post
    Just spoken with a Hill Climb venue and they can pretty much lay a whole weekend on for us. They are going to put together a customised quote for various options but onsite catering etc will be included. More detail to follow.
    do you have to have a race licence to participate in hill climb events?

if it is required is it only required if the event is part of an official race series. i dont know i am just asking the question.

Name
    Rikki
    Last Online
    26-01-2021
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4/350Z/Focus

Quote Originally Posted by Davezj View Post
    do you have to have a race licence to participate in hill climb events?

if it is required is it only required if the event is part of an official race series. i dont know i am just asking the question.
    I need to chase these next week mate, been rammed here recently. From the initial info I received it did not state about needing licences or helmets or overalls etc. I believe if its going to be a full proper officially timed event then this will require the helmets etc however if its not timed (i.e we will just use our own stopwatches while the venue are not looking ) then its just considered a bit of fun and are no special requirements. Pretty similar to Curburough as this is the policy they state.

Will confirm once Ive spoken to them

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

I'd go for the timed option if the only requirement is a helmet. We are all too competitive!

Name
    Rikki
    Last Online
    26-01-2021
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4/350Z/Focus

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann View Post
    I'd go for the timed option if the only requirement is a helmet. We are all too competitive!
    Sounds good to me. The only thing that may trip us up is if we need public liability insurance (not sure if the club has this?). Some venues make this a requirement and others dont.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

We used to have public liability. I'd guess we don't anymore as we haven't been attending the same number of shows. @elnevio will know for sure.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann View Post
    We used to have public liability. I'd guess we don't anymore as we haven't been attending the same number of shows. @elnevio will know for sure.
    Yep, exactly that!

Would be fairly easy to reinstate.
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Eric
    Last Online
    19-01-2018
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    No Mitsubishi:/

Given enough heads up for this I will make the trip up for it. As long as nobody hates me not being in a mitsubishi... lol

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    14-09-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant VR4

sounds good,hopefully will give me incentive and target to get the old girl back on the road nxt year,i only made the sunday for the 10th anniversary and Curborough track shootout and photoshoot,but there were good reports from all on the weekend 's activities etc...dont forget the commemorative t-shirts...lol,maybe we'll get more attending as well,think only 20-25 made the 10th...a big show might be good to display to the world...i beleive JAE is to be at Peterborough this year and so hopefully nxt year which is a great venue....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Name
    paul
    Last Online
    25-01-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    galant vr4

im up for this ,aslong as the car is lol,quite like the idea of santapod

Name
    Jake
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Legnum VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Pretty sure i would attend, not sure id join the racing tho - spectating is allowed, right?

Name
    Rikki
    Last Online
    26-01-2021
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4/350Z/Focus

Real sorry about the lack of activity on this one guys, things have been a bit mental. I will try to get amongst this shortly and pop up a voting thread for different ideas.

Name
    Malc
    Last Online
    29-11-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Audi S3 3000GT
    My Garage
    Visit

Be rude not to. Been hanging around these parts for 13 of the 15 years. Depends on date though.

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    21-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    ex-Galant VR4

I'll definitely pop around for a good banter, get sorted dates so I can book off days
    Ex: Galant VR4
    Running 268 HP ATW and 443 Nm torque at 0.9 bar
    Now: Lancer Evolution 8 FQ-300
    Running 325 HP ATW and 510 Nm torque at 1.6 bar