Chris
    Last Online
    11-06-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

http://www.lpgshop.co.uk/650-300-80-...tank-polmocon/

You should be able to put min 65l, with a little help even bit more.
    When you run out of lpg, you can always switch it back to petrol and lets say do last 30miles of your trip on petrol.

Name
    Piers
    Last Online
    04-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4 + BMW 335

Quote Originally Posted by fassi1 View Post
    http://www.lpgshop.co.uk/650-300-80-...tank-polmocon/

You should be able to put min 65l, with a little help even bit more.
    When you run out of lpg, you can always switch it back to petrol and lets say do last 30miles of your trip on petrol.
    Don't know why I couldn't find that one!

Do you not consume slightly more LPG than Petrol due to it's lower calorific value? I believe this was about 20%?
    With my previous cars, which were generally more economical (both had 90l tanks - 76 usable) by the time I had gotten to Barrow and done some driving, I was out of LPG. I probably do around 400 miles in total on these nights, with much heavy footed driving.
    The only 2 places on my route that sell LPG that are open late are motorway service stations at £££. Whilst obviously its cheaper than petrol still, I can imagine running out of LPG while doing fun driving, then having to use petrol for the rest of the night and then fill up at a motorway services 40 miles away - a significant amount of petrol usage!
    I estimate my average mpg would have been somewhere around 18mpg for that drive on average. Lets say we get the 650 - 300 tank, and can fill 65l. If thats 20% less efficient that brings the efficiency down to around 14.5mpg. That would yield around 205 miles from my calculations? I understand that's a very respectable amount, but it's also quite a long way from the distance I'd actually be driving.

Food for thought - I assume it would be easy enough to get the toroidal tank for the spare wheel well - then add a cylinder at a later date if I feel it's necessary?
    Is it possible to get any kind of quick release for the cylinder tank (like with normal tanks of propane for BBQ etc)?

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Do you know about the LPG place in Penrith just off the motorway m6 j36 north. It is round the back of the main petrol station as part of some dealership. Very handy place.
    A little further south of Penrith going north I think westmoorland services does LPG.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Bye for Now!

Name
    Piers
    Last Online
    04-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4 + BMW 335

Quote Originally Posted by Davezj View Post
    Do you know about the LPG place in Penrith just off the motorway m6 j36 north. It is round the back of the main petrol station as part of some dealership. Very handy place.
    A little further south of Penrith going north I think westmoorland services does LPG.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
    J36 is the one I take for barrow, J38 is Tebay (there is a garage here which sells LPG, but its normally like 12p overpriced), Penrith is Jct 40. I take Jct 38 to get the A685 to the A66.
    I believe Westmorland Services is just after Jct 38 northbound?

I don't know of anything just outside of Penrith as I've only driven there specifically to go over the Pennines!

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

yes your right, J36 is A590/A591 i come off there when i go to ambleside. Penrith is further up J40 there was an LPG station both left and right off the juction within 500yards.

if you have android phone get FillLPG app and check out all the LPG places on route there are loads up near newcastle as well. you will be surprised how many there are and they can be in odd places.
    morisons in Byker is 50p/|L which is 10pL less than i am paying.

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    26-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

I have downloaded the FillLPG app - and I updated the price of a station yesterday - going to check out my local (which hasn't been updated since October on the site/app) over the next couple of days and update the price - it doesn't happen automatically, unfortunately, so it's dependent on us all to keep the prices up to date for everyone else

It has highlighted that the route down to my office from home doesn't have many LPG stations, so I'll need to strategically fill up on that trip! It'll be a whole new thing to consider once I've got LPG fitted in a few weeks!

Name
    Piers
    Last Online
    04-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4 + BMW 335

Quote Originally Posted by Davezj View Post
    yes your right, J36 is A590/A591 i come off there when i go to ambleside. Penrith is further up J40 there was an LPG station both left and right off the juction within 500yards.

if you have android phone get FillLPG app and check out all the LPG places on route there are loads up near newcastle as well. you will be surprised how many there are and they can be in odd places.
    morisons in Byker is 50p/|L which is 10pL less than i am paying.
    Oh yes this is where I used to fill up all the time, and would do when coming from Town.
    I'm not concerned about filling up around here TBH, it's more when I'm in south cumbria late at night.
    Previously with my other cars, as long as I get to Morrisons after I arrive in Barrow before the petrol station closes, I would have enough fuel for an evening of spirited driving then would run out of LPG on the way home unless I stopped at motorway services.

I guess I am blowing it a little out of proportion on the capacity side, it would just be nice to not have to worry about it!

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    11-06-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Quote Originally Posted by Piers1989 View Post
    Is it possible to get any kind of quick release for the cylinder tank (like with normal tanks of propane for BBQ etc)?
    No it's not possible

Name
    Piers
    Last Online
    04-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4 + BMW 335

Quote Originally Posted by fassi1 View Post
    No it's not possible
    That's a shame, but I guess it's all for safety regulations and whatnot.

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    11-06-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Correct safety reasons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12