Hi everyone. For many of you I am probably very new but I've been around a while. I recently had some Legnum TD03 turbos high-flowed. Properly high-flowed - in essence a complete redesign of the turbochargers whilst keeping the same housings (machined) and cartridge, for a 30% flow increase without impacting current boost threshold or lag characteristics negatively. The changes are:

• Custom billet compressor wheel. 5mm wider with smaller hub, for ~8mm increase.
  • Different blade design for the compressor wheel
  • Machined compressor housing to suit
  • Turbine wheel slightly larger by about ~1mm, but uses less blades for top-end boost and has a more efficient blade design
  • Thicker turbo shaft
  • Customised thrust plate to take higher boost with reliability
  • Porting of the wastegate for better flow through the gate

The design of these modifications is for +30% flow so we can hit ~260awkw on 98RON and ~300awkw on E85. The turbos will bolt straight on to existing manifolds and oil/coolant lines with no modifications required. To reiterate, there are no additional fabrication costs with these turbos.

Note, I have not yet had these dyno'd to see what we can *actually* achieve. That work is coming up in the next couple of weeks.

Intense turbochargers will rebuild a set of TD03s from for between $3,000 and $4,000 AUD, with payment required upfront.

In my case these turbos also use Turbosmart wastegate actuators set to 14psi, which is not included in the estimated price above.

IMG_1309.jpgIMG_1310.jpgIMG_1311.jpgIMG_1312.jpgIMG_1315.jpgIMG_1321.jpg