A little update for you all.

i have gone down a little rabbit hole with the engine rebuild.
i could have just put the engine back together, but no i had to start messing with things and not for the right reason.
there was no reason for doing this but i fell into it and once you start going down that rabbit hole you can't stop.

what rabbit hole did i fall in to, i started cleaning some of the parts that i had removed from the engine. Oh if only i had stopped at cleaning.
but no i had to start painting.
Oh no, this was the start of point of no return.
i started painting some of the functional parts like heat shielding, then i found some other parts just sitting there looking a bit rough, the A/C compressor bracket, the plenum chamber mounting brackets at the back of the engine, then the big mistake......
i painted the rocker covers.

this was the start or end of sanity.

so if you haven't guess by now i have been painting lots of parts that are bolted to the engine and the block. it is a bit silly but i can't seem to stop painting parts.

i stand there and consider what each part will look like on the car and think what will it look like next to the parts i have already painted and the answer is always it will look a bit ****.
so i have had to start painting lots of parts that should not need painting.
to put i bluntly, i have painted stupid parts like the thermostat housing to block coolant tube, you can't even see it if the engine is one piece.
am i going mental???

i am even considering cleaning and cidying up the engine bay,what is wrong with me.
this is not adding any power, efficiency or torque. so why do it?
i can only say i have been infected. for the first time in my life i am making things tidy.

This now quite disturbing.....