Hello everybody...........

Not wanting to tread on toes or upset 'conventional thinking' as a relative newcomer but...

I have been restoring/repairing/servicing etc etc FTOs for twenty years plus and have owned around thirty in that time and 'serviced' those of friends and they use the fWD F5A42/F4A42 INVECS II gearbox a relative of the VR4s.

As far as ATF goes I have been using and had no problems with the fluid I have bought from my local factors (exact type to follow as for the love of me it escapes my old brain at the moment and I'm at work!) which is supposedly recommended for models requiring a 'High friction' fluid including Hyundai and Mitsubishi but it doesn't mention 'Diaqueen' or which models.

However now I am mixing with the 'big boys' (and girls) with more power being generated as well as the load of heavier car and 4WD I thought I'd revisit ATFs for the 'Tip' INVECs box in my VR4.

I have stumbled across MPM HFM which states it is designed for Aisin Warner transmissions and cites being 'Mitsubishi Diamond SP-II/Diamond SP-III Specification' (the later name for DiaQueen IIRC).

So question is has anybody else used this ATF or interested in how it goes when I try it?

I have been quoted £35 for 4 Litres which seems reasonable so ordered 20 to try.....

Like I said not looking to upset the die hard AMSoil followers just thought it wouldn't hurt to revisit things years later.

MPM HFM.jpg