Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Thumbs up Coil On Plug Kit COP conversion kit

Hi all
    i have been promising this for a few months now to a few people and i am finally ready to release my first Coil On Plug conversion kit.

This is a honda coil pack based conversion system.
    this kit will be a fully plug and play kit, no soldering, no drilling holes, no hassle.
    All you need to be able to do is tap a thread into an existing hole in the rear rocker cover or fit a rivnut into that hole instead.
    it is still a wasted spark system like the original ignition system but all the parts will be new.

This Coil on plug kit replaces the 3 VR4 coil pack and the HT leads with 6 Honda coils packs that fit directly to the top of the spark plug.

The COP 1.1 Full kit will include :-

6x Honda coil pack
    Plug and Play wiring loom
    coil pack mounting bracket and all hardware needed to fix the coil packs in place.

Plus the option of having a COP 1.2 kit with a higher energy spark using an Ignition Fail Sensor (IFS) delete loom, which is highly recommended for modified VR4.

This is designed as a no frills full coil pack replacement kit and will be available for under £200.
    at this price you can not expect original Denso coil packs, and you will not be disappointed, i am not supplying original Denso coil packs.
    these are after market copies of the Denso coil pack used in a lot of Honda vehicles.

i have been testing these coil pack for the last year or so running them on my daily driver vr4 to verify there reliability. which is why i have not released this kit before now.
    the coil packs have been spark length tested and current ramp tested to prove they produce a more energetic spark than the original VR4 coil pack.

this Kit has been designed because the original VR$ coil pack are getting hard and hard to find and the one that are out there on the second had market are probably 20 years old already.
    i am not sure if you can buy new VR4 coil pack from Mitsubishi any more, but if you could when i last checked they were over £160 each and you need 3 of them.

this is my offering to make replacing the ignition system on you VR4 affordable.

i will also offer the full kit as separate kits if required.

so you will be able to buy just the coil packs, or just the wiring loom, or just the mounting bracket and fix hardware.
    or any combination of the kits.

The mounting kit will come in 3 different types depending on your preferred installation type (tapped hole or Rivnut on the rear bank of cylinders).

The mounting kit consists of

Custom made bracket for the rear coil packs
    All the bolts, washer, nuts, to mount the bracket to the rocker cover and the coil pack to the bracket. it will also come with the correct tap to put the thread in the rocker cover. if you request this type of mounting kit or the rivnuts required to crimp into the rocker cover hole.
    the front coil pack do not need a bracket and mount directly to the rocker cover with bolts washer and spacer.

more info, full pricing and pics to follow.

i still have to sort out the pictures, installation instructions and packaging for the kits.
    So please bear with me.
    Last edited by Davezj; 21-08-2021 at 01:07 PM.

Bye for Now!