Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann View Post
Love the Max Power comment!
I'm with Tim on the induction comments, but with a slightly different main reason. The MAF is very susceptible to air flow changes so if the flow over the MAF is not linear and uniform then there is a very good chance you will not fuel correctly. Most pod filters will either give more flow in the middle or a slight vortex. This usually leads to over fuelling, so a loss of power plus even worse MPG.
Where are you in the UK? If around the midlands there are a couple of us in Redditch who could chat over what we have done and demonstrate the results.
I'm in Manchester but up for a trip once I have the galant back - I'm definitely feeling that I need to do the fuel pump, the 530 injectors and sort out the ECU side of things. I've asked them to keep all the standard bits that they change out, I'm going to take them some Christmas beers in the garage tomorrow if they're open and I'll say hold off the air filter.

https://www.fensport.co.uk/collectio...8804-evo-4-5-6

Do you think this will fit fairly easily? I'm considering the upgrade mostly because it will save space so potentially I could go a bit bigger than 600x300x76 on the intercooler - I'm guessing it would free up some space for a future turbo upgrade too

Before I get ahead of myself with the 10 stages of upgrades - will the auto gearbox take big bhp?

I'm really sorry to be a million questions but I'm eager to get the bits in!